Ross you are the MAN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Found the other email from Hank (was behind in my inbox on that email acct). Thanks all! I've been over there to visit the other site now and from what I can tell, there's plenty of room for both sites, so all is right in the world again ;)

Yes - There is room for valvereplacement.org heartvalvepatients.org and many many more. Luana - I don't know what the heck you are talking about, but you probably feel better for saying it, so it's a good day for all. Maybe you can start luana'ssiteadminadvice.org and we'll check that one out. I don't mean to sound crass - but sheesh!!!

Last edited:
I'd hope Ross would answer this question for himself on VR. Is is possible Hank was able to pay Ross a small amount to work as a moderator? If that was the case, then perhaps Hank couldn't afford to continue doing so? I don't know the answer to the questions that have been raised, but I do think the possibility of Ross's returning is diminished when the thread keeps rehashing issues that only Ross and Hank know the answers to. Ross was a member on VR long before he became a moderator, and hopefully he will continue to help VR in his capacity as a very valued member.

When is the last time you heard a CEO or "the boss" have to explain to all members of the firm why a person left the firm or didn't get a work contract renewed? I think it's routinely called insubordination... but with a good recommendation at a new place of work.

I think any speculation about the whys of what happened are just that, speculation. None of us knows what transpired, and for all we know, it was a mutual parting of the ways. Maybe neither person is in the wrong, just that they had their own private differences. To say anything else is really not fair because neither of them is going to disclose the situation.

Simply, it is none of our business what happened.

It makes us sad, maybe makes some of us happy, I don't know. Such is life.

When is the last time you heard a CEO or "the boss" have to explain to all members of the firm why a person left the firm or didn't get a work contract renewed? I think it's routinely called insubordination... but with a good recommendation at a new place of work.

I think any speculation about the whys of what happened are just that, speculation. None of us knows what transpired, and for all we know, it was a mutual parting of the ways. Maybe neither person is in the wrong, just that they had their own private differences. To say anything else is really not fair because neither of them is going to disclose the situation.

Simply, it is none of our business what happened.

It makes us sad, maybe makes some of us happy, I don't know. Such is life.

Well said ladies, ... folks, it's time to move on and get back to the business at hand ... peace

To the newbies....

To the newbies....

Oh, come on, Cooker... :smile2: can't I at least say that post #7 was FABULOUS, #48 really hit it on the head, and 67... Okay, okay, most of them were great! :)

Mostly, though... to all the people who said they were 'newbies' and have no clue who Hank even is.....
In the ten plus years that I've been a part of VR, Hank has treated it as if it (and we) were his very own children. Constantly doing what he thought was best. Hank is a man of great wisdom, honesty and compassion. Hank is a straight shooter. :thumbup:

Ross, I hope you have a fabulously successful site. :smile2: You are a sweetie.... well, most of the time. lol You DA MAN!

Barb you are not the only one to not receive a e-mail. I didn't either! What is going on? ? I sure would hate to lose Ross. I appreciate him more than he could ever know. Would someone please inform the rest of us what happened? ? ?

It appears that there is a similar forum about heart valves and Ross moved over there. It has a lot of the same forum headings and topics, and if you've been on VR.org for any period you will probably recognize some folks that were on VR.org but may not have been around for awhile. I do not know the rationale or reasons behind this. All I know is that VR.org has been a tremendous help to me in this whole heart valve thing. Hank and Ross (and a lot of other folks that have participated and contributed to this website - and yes - that means YOU), have helped me get through the whole process, both mentally and physically. We may not agree on everything, but we have one common bond, and that is heart valve disease. I am sorry to see Ross leave VR.org as administrator, as I know he spent countless hours doing it, and he did an outstanding job.

I visit the other site also. It has some interesting information and seems like it is trying to get started. They needed a-fib patients, which I am , along with valve replacement, and I said I would , gladly. I think the controversial subjects on that site will be tolerated more. And if it suits what I want to talk about I may participate. I am not one much for arguing though so hope that doesn't happen. But I think too much of Hank and Ross both to take sides. I hope that I can enjoy both. Right now this vr.org site is my home... ! But I can visit and participate and come back home. But hopefully both sites will provide the support needed by new and old members. Maybe there will be someone on that site who may know the answer to something that no one here knows and vice versa.

I agree with the others on here to let this go and just enjoy the posts and help others if we can. We all hate to see it but what can we do, besides just let it go and voice our disappointment.

Missy,

Great comment - Thanks.

That is the great thing about the internet - We can visit the sites we choose to find the information that suits our needs. In my view, not only is there is absolutely NO problem with visiting both sites, I highly reccommend it!.

Well typical for me I am a day late and a dollar short and quite clueless as to what is going on..

I have been away from here for awhile..but do keep up with some on Facebook. I was not aware of any of the stuff going on here .. or of a new site.
I am quite thankful to Hank for having this site and for Ross who helped me in many ways. I just celebrated my 4 year valversary in June and can honestly say I would not have made it without the great support from this board and the great people who frequented it during my surgery and post op..
I wish all good fortune and peace with whatever is going on.. and offer thanks for the love encouragement and support

Missy,

Great comment - Thanks.

That is the great thing about the internet - We can visit the sites we choose to find the information that suits our needs. In my view, not only is there is absolutely NO problem with visiting both sites, I highly reccommend it!.

Hank,
I have to admit that I felt a little funny about visiting the other site until I read your last post. Your comment convinced me that there was no reason to be hesitant about reading their forum content and possibly learning something new about valve replacement.

However, imagine my surprise when I received the following message while visiting today.

Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here

Perhaps it's a technical glitch, and HVP is not intentionally restricting access. However, if it's not, then I would urge those who belong to both sites to ask why this is taking place.

Last edited:
Hank,
I have to admit that I felt a little funny about visiting the other site until I read your last post. Your comment convinced me that there was no reason to be hesitant about reading their forum content and possibly learning something new about valve replacement.

However, imagine my surprise when I received the following message while visiting today.

Sorry. The administrator has banned your IP address. To contact the administrator click here

I've had another VR member state that they also received a similar message.

Perhaps it's a technical glitch, and HVP is not intentionally restricting access. However, if it's not, then I would urge those who belong to both sites to ask why this is taking place.

Wow Mary.......perhaps it is a glitch, if not......'someone speaks with forked tongue.'

No, Freddie.
I was not trying to log in as a member. As soon as the webpage opens, that's the message I receive. Remember, I have been on it before, and today I was actually reading when I suddenly was removed from the forum.
This is the page I'm getting.

Last edited:
Back