Ross is in the hospital....

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
This is Ross' son Steve. He wanted me to post an update on what's going on.

He went to the doctor, and ended up getting admitted to Aultman Hospital. He was experiencing Atrial Fibrillation. They are trying medications to get him back in rhythm, and if that doesn't work, then they will try cardioversion...and that's where it still stands. One of my brothers, Chris, has been at the hospital with him the whole day. My other brother Jeremiah visited today. I have not had the chance to go yet, but I do have the ability to do this update in the mean time.

If there's more information relayed, I'll get it on here, until he can post again himself.

Update - 9:52 this evening (Thursday)

I talked with him on the phone a little bit ago. They are trying Amiodarone at the moment, and possibly cardioversion in the morning if there's no change (which he hopes to not do). He said the Amiodarone slowed it down, but didn't put it back into rhythm as of the call.

Tomorrow will shed more light.

Thanks for telling us..
I will be praying for him.
I have chronic atrial fibrillation so do know what it is like. Have also had cardioversion.
Hopefully all will go well for him.. He has a big fan club here and I for one will be rooting him along. Praying and and positve thoughts.

Will be waitng for news!

Thank you for sharing with us, Freddie.
Please send Ross my best wishes and hopes he gets back into rhythm quickly.
Very sorry to hear he is experiencing all this.

Glad you shared this, Freddie.

Thoughts/prayers en route....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic | * RT_06.2011_us66+NW USA
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Everything is so messed up" __ Puddle of Mud __ 'Blurry'

Prayers for Ross and Thankyou Freddie for the info
Please give updates when you know more

I was worried when Ross said he "might" be headed for the hospital. I know he did not want to be admitted, so this was serious business.

Our prayers and good thoughts are with you, Ross.

Thanks Freddie and Steve
Please keep us posted.
Prayers and best wishes heading his way.

Friday 11:51am - Update:

About an hour ago, I was informed that he was being taken in to do cardioversion...medications not helping.

Unfortunately that's all I have for now.

Steve

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday - 12:20pm Update:

I was informed that he made it through cardioversion (anyone who knows my dad will know that just about anything in a hospital is a threat to his life anymore), and it got his heart back in rhythm. He just returned to his room.

Good news so far! If anything else happens, I'll update.

Steve

Latest posts

Back