Ross in Florida in February!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Granbonny said:
is that $270.00..one-way or round trip from Canton?That sounds good..that IF you decided to go..no long commute to Airport..Just up the street from you (Canton Airport)And a non-stop to boot.:D sister just did an Airtran to Gulfport, Miss. from Greenville, S.C...Had to change planes in Memphis, Tenn..:mad: ..Have you checked to see long of a flight? Bonnie

$278 round trip from Cleveland, because the flight out of Canton (Airtrans) is an airline that doesn't allow any type of oxygen set-up. American Airlines does but it flies out of Cleveland (60 miles).

Time to boycot AirTrans:

Thank you for contacting AirTran Airways. Be assured, our services to our customers with disabilities and those who have special needs are fully in accordance with the law.

Last year's change to the Federal Aviation Administration Regulations (14 CFR Parts 11 and 121) in regard to oxygen was an enabling law, not an enforceable one. Air carriers who previously provided the service could only furnish FAA approved oxygen. This law now gives them the option of allowing you to bring your own portable oxygen concentrator; provided it is one of the two approved by the FAA for aircraft use.

While portable oxygen concentrators operate on ambient air, the process involves compression and pressurization, aluminum silicate crystals to aid in nitrogen removal and the capturing of the purified gas into a reservoir for use.

As an oxidizer, oxygen improves the possibility of a fire and certainly supports it in the unlikely event one did occur. For this reason, with safety as our first priority, AirTran Airways has chosen not to permit these devices on our flights. We understand there are people who require oxygen continuously and regret we are unable to accommodate their travel needs at this time.

Sincerely,

Jason K
Customer Relations
AirTran Airways

considering travel time, remember that Ross is CST and Orlando is EST.

Last time I flew, I needed wheelchair assistance and got it at the curb. They wheeled me right on through everything and people on airplane knew I needed help upon landing. Worked very well for me.

Nope Ross is in the same time zone. I'm EST too.

We have a two fold problem. Need a concentrator for the airline and need a regular concentrator at the hotel/motel. While I'm entertaining the thought of going, deep inside is a voice yelling Oh no your not.

Ross

Ross

Sister was shocked when she got ready to board her flight on Airtran .in Greenville, S.C....thought she would walk right on into airplane from boarding room..Not...had to walk down and walk out to airplane......Their planes are small..She said,,like a tincan..small/hot:eek: ..not that bad..only like an hour..to Memphis and down to Gulfport...Why..Airtran is a no frills airline..lol...Cheap prices...:p Bonnie

1st Class

1st Class

Ross needs 1st class seating on whatever airline is chosen.

Ross needs to incur ZERO expenses.

Transport to and from the airport.. Paid..
All Meals.. Paid..
All Hotel Costs.. Paid..
All medical costs.. Paid..
Entertainment.. (no Ross - No edible underwear).. Paid..

ZERO COST TO ROSS!!

Ross - If I need to fly there and drag your computer chair formed butt out of that house.. I will do it..

I have a very strong impression that we need to make this happen..

Hank said:
Entertainment.. (no Ross - No edible underwear).. Paid..

Not even if I pay for the underware? :confused:

Hank said:
Ross - If I need to fly there and drag your computer chair formed butt out of that house.. I will do it...

Somehow I think you probably mean it too. :eek:

Bob's advice is to contact your home oxygen supplier and tell them what you'll want. If it's a national company, they should be able to determine what you will need and the cost. After that, turn it over to us.

With all due respect to everyone that's willing to help out to get me there,

I've contemplated this for a week now, nearly day and night, and I cannot see any way for me to pull this off without it being of some detriment to my health. My wife asks, "Are they willing to kill you just to meet you?" I haven't talked to my Doctor about it, but I'm reasonable certain that will be his take on it as well.

Everyone go and have fun. Just knowing that it's meant enough for all of you to attempt to get me there, is enough satisfaction for me. I must respectfully decline.

Sorry you will not be there my friend but I respect you and your choice. Be assured that I will try and interject enough lechery and tomfoolery for both of us:D :D :D

Tom:cool: ;) :cool:

Good for Lyn..:) She has been through so much with you .....all those months when you were in a coma, ect....and all the other health issues you have had since then....Working and taking care of you/Chris.......We should send her on a cruise.:D without you.:p .......You, two, take your marriage vows serious..For Better or for Worse..didn,t you just post 24 years married?......I am sure she doesn't want to lose you...just for a 4 day trip...She has too much invested in you.:D Wise wife you have..Bonnie

cooker said:
Sorry you will not be there my friend but I respect you and your choice. Be assured that I will try and interject enough lechery and tomfoolery for both of us:D :D :D

Tom:cool: ;) :cool:
I'm expecting lots of bikini pics, so make it so. Same with the annual cleavage errr, scar contest pics. :)

Granbonny said:
Good for Lyn..:) She has been through so much with you .....all those months when you were in a coma, ect....and all the other health issues you have had since then....Working and taking care of you/Chris.......We should send her on a cruise.:D without you.:p .......You, two, take your marriage vows serious..For Better or for Worse..didn,t you just post 24 years married?......I am sure she doesn't want to lose you...just for a 4 day trip...She has too much invested in you.:D Wise wife you have..Bonnie

Marriage vows, woa, what, ...........

27 years I've been running to the end of my chain and barking.

Ross said:
27 years I've been running to the end of my chain and barking.

Thank you to Lyn for keeping this world a little safer for the rest of the women!:D ;)

I am relieved, Ross. I had the same fears as Lyn did, that it would be very hard on you. Now someone should be working on a WebCam setup to kind of tune you in from time to time (or even tune you out :D ) (or tune you up :p ). I need some rest.

Ross:
The choice was yours, sunshine. You will be missed very much by all. I'm glad you made the decision you did.

Now, let's get the web cams going.

Kindest,
Blanche and Al

Ross said:
I'm expecting lots of bikini pics, so make it so. Same with the annual cleavage errr, scar contest pics. :)

*grins*

I'll echo this demand, er request since I won't be there, either ;).

Ross, I, too, was a bit concerned, but was still hopeful you'd be able to go.... Maybe one of these years, a reunion will be held in Ohio ... maybe in Akron or someplace south of there ;).

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Maybe we've been living with our eyes half open" ... Switchfoot ... 'Meant To Live'

I agree with you and Lyn. Maybe someone can bring a movie camera and take pix for you, bikinis and all. We know that you will be there in spirit as lots of other VR members will. It is sad that it has to be so, but I believe you have made a good decision. Lots of love from me.

Latest posts

Back