Ross in Florida in February!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
hensylee said:
I agree with you and Lyn. Maybe someone can bring a movie camera and take pix for you, bikinis and all. We know that you will be there in spirit as lots of other VR members will. It is sad that it has to be so, but I believe you have made a good decision. Lots of love from me.
Beleive me, if there were any feasible way to do it, I would. I have not been more then 100 miles away from home in the last 6 years with most of the time not being anywhere but right here at home. I am going stir crazy, but just doing simple things in the area take a whole lot out of me.

Dang it Ross, hyar ah was a plannin' on kissin' th' rin' of ?da GodPappy of VR.COM?. :mad:

Earl had even started on one of them thin's like mah gran'dotter uses fo' her hamster. Yo' know, thet plastic ball thet lets them move aroun'. Earl had build one outta possum wire an' rebar but ah told him it was a gonna hafta be air tight t'proteck yo' fum gittin' sick. He wanted t'knows how yo' was a gonna be able t'breath in thar an' ah told him yo' had yer own oxyjun jest like an astronaut. He axed me eff'n thet meant yo' wo'e them diapers like thet female astronaut. When ah axed ?Depends?? he wanted t'knows ?Depends on whut?????. :p :rolleyes:

Ennyway he had come up wif plastic wrap fo' th' ball but now he?s done kincelled th' truck o'der. ;)

Guess we gonna hafta pack up th' Bubba Bus an' haid No'th (GULP! Shet mah mouth!!) t'see y?all. Cort, ROAD TRIP! :eek: :cool:

May God Bless,

Bubba :)

gadgetman said:
Cort, ROAD TRIP!

I wish .. Bubba ... you've no idea how much I wish I could make that happen.

*sighs*

It looks like I won't be heading to PA in August for the family reunion after all...which means I won't see a bunch of people, including Ross and some college friends in NE Ohio..... Arg.

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I hope I'm a little bit stronger" ... KT Oslin ... 'Come Next Monday'

It wouldn't be bad if there were something to do here. It was discussed and voted against before.

Ross said:
It wouldn't be bad if there were something to do here. It was discussed and voted against before.

What part of Ohio are you in? A long time ago,I lived in Western Pa, and used to go to Ohio for Sea World Cedar point and heck If you were anywhere near cleveland there is always the rock and roll HOF and baseball.See Ohio can be fun.

Woops!

Woops!

Missed the boat on that one Ross! Guess you can tell I'm not the sports fan in this house but hubby and son loved visiting the FOOTBALL hall of fame. I'll take 20 lashes with a wet noodle!!!!!!

barbwil said:
Missed the boat on that one Ross! Guess you can tell I'm not the sports fan in this house but hubby and son loved visiting the FOOTBALL hall of fame. I'll take 20 lashes with a wet noodle!!!!!!

Baseball HOF is in Cooperstown NY,Justin was just there this past weekend for the induction ceremony.

And for those interested, the Hall Of Fame festivities are in swing at the present moment:

http://www.profootballhof.com/

The Pittsburgh Steelers and New Orleans Saints will kick off the 2007 preseason schedule in the annual AFC-NFC Hall of Fame Game in Canton on Sunday August 5. NFL Network will televise the preseason classic. It marks the first time that NFL Network will carry the game.

Needless to say, I'm staying far far away from the insanity.

For those interested in the McKinley Monument:

http://www.mckinleymuseum.org/

Ross said:
Where I am, Pro football hall of fame, McKinley monument and that's about it.

I think you forgot one of the prime cultural attractions of modern times....Starbucks!!!!

Coffee, food, ice cream, playing cards, laughing....some of our favorite things to do. Boring...not to us...maybe to others...

Ross said:
Where I am, Pro football hall of fame, McKinley monument and that's about it.

Ahhh...within "striking distance" in Cleveland is the Rock'n'Roll museum/HOF, right?

"I've traveled so far to change this lonely life" ... Foreigner ... 'I Want To Know What Love Is'

knightfan2691 said:
Ahhh...within "striking distance" in Cleveland is the Rock'n'Roll museum/HOF, right?

"I've traveled so far to change this lonely life" ... Foreigner ... 'I Want To Know What Love Is'
If folks want to drive for another hour North, yeah.

Ross said:
If folks want to drive for another hour North, yeah.

Don't forget - for Cort (our Road Warrior) Sears Tower in Chicago is in "striking distance" of Ohio!:D

Karlynn said:
Don't forget - for Cort (our Road Warrior) Sears Tower in Chicago is in "striking distance" of Ohio!:D

LOL!

So very true, Karlynn! An hour's drive ... compared to what I usually do ... is nothin' ;).

Course ... I try to avoid Chicago and the "near" suburbs at all costs...because I hate traffic ;).

"Come along and share the good times while we can" ... Lynn Anderson ... 'Rose Garden'

Ross, again this would be great for you...

Ross, again this would be great for you...

Ross, in all seriousness, I understand how you feel. However, I do believe you would enjoy such a trip. I've seen people all over the Disney area in motorized vehicles (which you can rent) with portable oxygen (& other) apparatus. It's a great place to get the relaxation and change of scenery you personally need. Hopefully the weather will be very good for just basking outside and taking in the Vitamin D if that is all you even feel like doing. You won't be raining on anyone's parade. There is plenty to do or not do if you don't want to. But just being there as part of the group is the best therapy of all. Please give it prayerful and earnest consideration. It will be a memory maker, and isn't that really what we live for anyway? I look forward to seeing you there even if only for a day or two!

Sue

Latest posts

Back