Ross in Florida in February!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mary

I say we start raising money now to bring Ross to Orlando. I think it's do-able.
Anyone want to volunteer to hold the moola . . . oh Hank . . . !;) :p

Great Idea

Great Idea

I think that is agreat idea!

Ross - could you make it if it didn't cost you anything?

Of course - your woman would have to come also..

I don't really see how. I'd need a concentrator available, portable O2 for anything outside of the room. Given the nature of my tiredness and sleeping screw ups, I can't see it being enjoyable for me. :(

Ross said:
I don't really see how. I'd need a concentrator available, portable O2 for anything outside of the room. Given the nature of my tiredness and sleeping screw ups, I can't see it being enjoyable for me. :(

Baloney!
We'll have a concentrator available and portable O2. I've told you this before.
It is workable; talk it over with Lyn and see what she thinks.

Mary said:
Baloney!
We'll have a concentrator available and portable O2. I've told you this before.
It is workable; talk it over with Lyn and see what she thinks.
Do you all really want to see how much of an invalid I really am? Heck I can't even get from the bedroom to the bathroom without being winded. I'm alright for sedentary/sitting doing nothing, but moving, walking, etc is very taxing. People want to do things, not just sit around. It wouldn't be fair. I just don't want any of you to see me like this. Hell I'm ashamed of my physical condition.

Ross---

I can't believe you said that you are ashamed about your condition. I can understand that you would be physically uncomfortable and for that reason it would be a BIG problem to travel, but ashamed???? NO WAY!!

You need a (((((hug)))))

Nancy said:
Ross---

I can't believe you said that you are ashamed about your condition. I can understand that you would be physically uncomfortable and for that reason it would be a BIG problem to travel, but ashamed???? NO WAY!!

You need a (((((hug)))))

You also need an attitude adjustment!
So start adjusting!
We will bring the concentrator and the portable oxygen; you just bring yourself!

Someone check into the costs. It would cost more to get me there then the whole reunion. It's just not fair to others.

Nancy said:
Ross---

You need a (((((hug)))))
Well I've progressively worsened even since Hank has been here. I can't even go 75 feet anymore without being breathless even with oxygen. I'm ashamed because despite my best efforts to change the circumstances, things have worsened. It's to the point that I can't even get enough excercise to control my weight and frankly, it hurts.

I just thought of another reason that I should not be there.

No woman will be safe with the likes of a pervert like me around. :D

cooker said:
The truth comes out:D I will hang with you dude...........
I'm getting pretty good at using my air tubing as a lasso and capturing device.
Of course, as you can tell, I'm very dangerous. :cool:

wantedposter.jpg

Some of the other admins at the other forum I admin at think of me as such:

Teamkittens2.jpg

We all know how wonderful it would be to meet Ross and I agree that we would do whatever it takes to get him there. I would be happy to contribute to the efforts in any way that is needed and possible. We know that Ross realizes how serious we are.

On the other hand, I can see where Ross is coming from. When it is extremely difficult to be mobile and one is limited mostly to a chair, it becomes an impossible situation for Ross or anyone in his situation. I think we have laid it out for Ross very well; he knows we are serious about it but it is his decision in the end. I, for one, would not want to do anything that might worsen his health and I know nobody in VR would want to either, much as we will be missing our right arm without him.

There you have it, Ross. You know how much we love you and depend on you. If wishes were.... well, you know. We will have a chair at the head table for you and if you are not in it, we will at least hang a tee with your name on it and pretend.

p.s. I have fallen in health a lot, too, but am not ashamed and neither should you be. We are still here, aren't we?

Shall we call off the nudie show?

Ross said:
Someone check into the costs. It would cost more to get me there then the whole reunion. It's just not fair to others.

I will volunteer to check into the costs.

Ross, lots of us in this group do understand and are compassionate to each other's situations and limitations. There is NO PLACE for embarrassment! :)
Heck, 2 years ago I was doing my shopping from a wheelchair.
Now I'm post op, and I still don't know what the second floor of my house looks like...
I am sure that your good buddies here will get what you need and more, so that you can have a well deserved treat :)

P.S. I can't even imagine you and Cooker in the same room :D :D

Ross, I hope I'm not being too nosy ,BUT have you ever tried those little electric skooter type things you can sit in and have baskets and such for your O2? Would something like that make it any easier to do this, and not travel all the way, just to sit in your room (think just being WARM in Feb, just when it seems winter will never ever end) They wouldn't help me,since sitting hurts, but I saw lots of people zipping around in them when we were on Justin's Wish trip. and Ican SO picture you with a smile on your face running people that are annoying down.
I know alot of kids on their wish trips, rent alot of the O2.,concentrators and other medical equipment they will need in Orlando so it is there waiting for them when they check in. IF anyone wants, I could call Give kids theWorld where alot of the kids stay and ask for recomendations for reliable companies, if someone that lives local doesn't know of any.
Lyn
ps where is the info on the reunion? NOW I really want to go lol

Bina said:
Ross, lots of us in this group do understand and are compassionate to each other's situations and limitations. There is NO PLACE for embarrassment! :)
Heck, 2 years ago I was doing my shopping from a wheelchair.
Now I'm post op, and I still don't know what the second floor of my house looks like...
I am sure that your good buddies here will get what you need and more, so that you can have a well deserved treat :)

P.S. I can't even imagine you and Cooker in the same room :D :D

Amen!!!! No need for embarrassment. I know this will be a surprise but my physique ain't exactly perfect;) I will have to forgo the Speedo this year.....sorry ladies:rolleyes:

Orlando has seen some wild duo's but Ross and I would create an infamous tale to be told for generations!!! Can't do it alone Ross.

Back