Ross in Florida in February!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do know that getting portable oxygen on any plane is difficult if not impossible, this is from a LOT of posts and complaints on the Pulmonary Hypertension Assoc. website, another reason that you may he hesitant, Ross. You seem to know tons about airplanes etc.

Maybe you could hook up a webcam and those with notebooks could tune you in and even bring their own webcams so you could participate if you cannot be there.

There's always a way to do things.

Nancy said:
I do know that getting portable oxygen on any plane is difficult if not impossible, this is from a LOT of posts and complaints on the Pulmonary Hypertension Assoc. website, another reason that you may he hesitant, Ross. You seem to know tons about airplanes etc.

Maybe you could hook up a webcam and those with notebooks could tune you in and even bring their own webcams so you could participate if you cannot be there.

There's always a way to do things.

They've changed that requirement, Nancy.
We get a magazine from the American respiratory therapy association every month, and I read an article not long ago about the change.

That's good to know, Mary.

It caused a great deal of hardship with people who needed oxygen, and even when a few of the airlines provided it for the person, they #1- charged huge amounts of money to do it, and #2- only allowed one tank which wasn't enough to get some people to the end of their trip, leaving them gasping for air. And getting coordinating oxygen supplies at the other end was problematical too.

I know how much of a nightmare it was to even do car trips when Joe was on oxygen. He could hardly do without it just to change the tubing from the concentrator to the portable tank a few steps away.

Ross in Florida in February!

I am starting this new thread where we will attempt to get Ross to Florida.

Here is my solution for Ross and up to 6 of his own personal assistants/family members/friends..

http://www.cruiseamerica.com/rent/webres/c30.htm

Ross - Just plug in the concentrator - get others to stress while you rest, and 15 hours later you are there!

No hotel costs in Florida, and we'll have a motorized wheelchair waiting for you and have the red carpet rolled out.

Hank said:

Ok, Hank,
you're calling this a new thread but from here it looks like a tug-of-war rope . . .Ross on one end and the rest of us pulling with all our might to make him cross the line and join the fun!
I know, I know, we need some cheerleaders to help us!

These are Ross's

images-1.jpg

And these are ours! Ross, these ladies want you on OUR side!:p

images2.jpg

Hank said:

Here is my solution for Ross and up to 6 of his own personal assistants/family members/friends..

http://www.cruiseamerica.com/rent/webres/c30.htm

Ross - Just plug in the concentrator - get others to stress while you rest, and 15 hours later you are there!

No hotel costs in Florida, and we'll have a motorized wheelchair waiting for you and have the red carpet rolled out.

That looks like a great idea. Can anyone drive it? (with a reg DL)

Has anyone told you people that your NUTS. I mean I know I'm one of the head nut jobs here, but I'm beginning to think a few of you are worse.

I'm not going to promise anything. Even though there may well be some gorgeous women present, I'm not at all comfortable at the moment with how things can be with me. Besides, I have a reputation to uphold. I don't want all of you knowing that I'm really a small, fat, decrepit, oxygen starved man that barks alot, but really has no bite. The last thing I want is for any of you to see me in one of my near panic modes, trying to get the oxygen into my lungs. It ain't pretty.

Ross, you just aren't getting it. We love you just the way you are!!!!!!

I'm not going to Florida, but I'm sure those going would say that they don't want you to come if you feel that it wouldn't be a good move for your health. But if that's not the issue, your presence there would certainly be the one thing that would cause me to rethink my schedule and scrap other plans (but unfortunately I can't).

We all love Ross and that is why we want to do everything for him that we can. However, I think we should respect Ross' feelings and not push the issue if he really feels he cannot manage this trip. I think most of us have been in the position of just not wanting people to see us if we are ill.

That being said - Ross, if you do decide to go via the motorcoach, stop by Cincy on your way south and pick me up.;) :D ;)

Head nut job????
Ross, that's quite a title, I'm sure you've worked hard for it...:D

I like what Nancy already mentioned: having a web cam on Ross's computer and hook up to a computer in a hotel room. Web cam parties can be good!!

Bina said:
Head nut job????
Ross, that's quite a title, I'm sure you've worked hard for it...:D

I like what Nancy already mentioned: having a web cam on Ross's computer and hook up to a computer in a hotel room. Web cam parties can be good!!

Careful Ross, anything recorded can be used in unpleasant ways:cool: :cool: :cool:

Karlynn said:
Ross, you just aren't getting it. We love you just the way you are!!!!!!

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, remember, Sir Ross, I met up with you a couple years ago or so during my trip east...when I was in Ohio. I thoroughly enjoyed that visit, however short it seemed, and am positive everyone at the reunion in February in Orlando will be further enriched if you are there.

*shrugs*

Besides ... since I can't be, who else can we ensure that everyone will be kept in line?

;)

Cort:33swm."Mr Monte Carlo.Mr Road Trip".pig valve.pacemaker
WRMNshowcase.lego.HO.model.MCs.RT.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"We can take anything that comes our way" ... BJ Thomas ... 'As Long As We Got Each Other'

Reuion

Reuion

Hey Ross
Before my second surgery, I went on a cruise with my best friend & daughters to Jamica Man! Our tour guide carried my oxygen for me. My insurance gave me a little grief over the 02 but they paid for in all in the end. My health wasn't quite as bad as yours but nothing keep me down. We will understand you whatever you decide. But will miss you all the same.
If the power of love could lift you up then you should have more than enough.

Mary said:
They've changed that requirement, Nancy.
We get a magazine from the American respiratory therapy association every month, and I read an article not long ago about the change.

I WAS WRONG!:eek:

Change won't be here until 2008!

I posted a new thread in Heart Talk for those interested in learning what the FAA and DOT have to say about this issue.

I'm sorry Nancy!:(
And I'm sorry for those who have to deal with this UNFAIR issue!:mad:

Mary said:
I will volunteer to check into the costs.

Here is the cost of a roundtrip flight, two hours and 17 minutes duration, from Dayton to Orlando International: $208 per person

The requirements for taking a portable oxygen concentrator are listed on AA's site.
If you don't have a portable one, then let us know so we can start looking into that too

Dayton is a long ways away from me. Akron Canton (CAK) is up the street with Cleveland (CLE) being the next closest. $270 CAK to MCO nonstop on Airtran.

Ross said:
Dayton is a long ways away from me. Akron Canton (CAK) is up the street with Cleveland (CLE) being the next closest. $270 CAK to MCO nonstop on Airtran.
$278 on American Airlines from Cleveland because they will do the oxygen. That's do-able and much cheaper than driving.

Ross

Ross

is that $270.00..one-way or round trip from Canton?That sounds good..that IF you decided to go..no long commute to Airport..Just up the street from you (Canton Airport)And a non-stop to boot.:D sister just did an Airtran to Gulfport, Miss. from Greenville, S.C...Had to change planes in Memphis, Tenn..:mad: ..Have you checked to see long of a flight? Bonnie

Latest posts

Back