recent election

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agian;n870154 said:
We're all people with different personalities. Politics and religion are divisive. So what?
Talking about life shouldn't be taboo. This is what people do and sometimes even friends argue. It is what it is.
So, it's a '**** storm'. And?
I agree,the title of the thread obviously implies enter at your own risk and as for "mr big" ya I'm thick I wear a size 13 and have big hands...Sorry for the misunderstanding but in my experience 9 times out of 10 when someone who's obviously coming from the right side of the fence brings up school prayer they're simple minded enough to think it belongs there

America's 'founding fathers' were strong believers in what was called laicite. The neoconservatives discovered (like the emperor Constantine) that religion was an appropriate vehicle to control the masses. They didn't actually believe the **** themselves.

From what I understand, America is a Federation that was intended to be made up of autonomous states. In fact, the National Guard is actually a network of state militias.

But, you guys don't need to hear that from a foreigner.

PS, the early Christians called Democracy 'Civitas Diaboli' (the rule of Satan).
Read about how Moses imposed his God on the polytheistic Jews.
The first concentration camp in history was in Scythopolis, Palestine. This is where they exterminated godless heathens.

Religion only belongs in schools in the context of history.

Agian;n870164 said:
America's 'founding fathers' were strong believers in what was called laicite. The neoconservatives discovered (like the emperor Constantine) that religion was an appropriate vehicle to control the masses. They didn't actually believe the **** themselves.

From what I understand, America is a Federation that was intended to be made up of autonomous states. In fact, the National Guard is actually a network of state militias.

But, you guys don't need to hear that from a foreigner.
Yes as in the 2nd amendment "a well regulated state militia". It was meant to be more autonomous but times change and that's why they designed the Constitution to be "amended". They're not commandments. It would have been very difficult to win WW2 without more centralization for example.You are correct the vast majority of the founders weren't very religious and believe the separation of church and state is one of the reasons religion has thrived in his country. You can't make someone love you

wow some very tasty comments, for me the USA people voted, Trump won so get on with it, cant understand people who say hes gonna destroy America then go on the rampage? whats all that about,

I love having interesting conversations with my friends about RELIGION and POLITICS.

People might find this interesting:
http://www.haaretz.com/2.850/.premium-1.547147

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/...cient-near-eastern-world/akhenaten-and-moses/

From Exodus

[SUP]27 [/SUP]Then he said to them, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.’” [SUP]28 [/SUP]The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. [SUP]29 [/SUP]Then Moses said, “You have been set apart to the Lord today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day.”

neil;n870180 said:
wow some very tasty comments, for me the USA people voted, Trump won so get on with it, cant understand people who say hes gonna destroy America then go on the rampage? whats all that about,
Attention-seeking tossers. "Look-at-me, look-at-me, aren't I a socially aware person who cares?" Meanwhile the kids are at home with dirty nappies dodging used syringes.
We call people like these 'white knights' in Australia. They feel superior enough to represent others, when in fact they don't really give a f*ck.
'Political Correctness' has become a multi-million dollar industry.

MrBig;n870185 said:
"and to the "republic" for which it stands"
94007218f9bb1b9ce7ff6d75328bb814.jpg

Agian;n870181 said:
I love having interesting conversations with my friends about RELIGION and POLITICS.

People might find this interesting:
http://www.haaretz.com/2.850/.premium-1.547147

http://www.biblicalarchaeology.org/d...ten-and-moses/

From Exodus

[SUP]27 [/SUP]Then he said to them, “This is what the Lord, the God of Israel, says: ‘Each man strap a sword to his side. Go back and forth through the camp from one end to the other, each killing his brother and friend and neighbor.’” [SUP]28 [/SUP]The Levites did as Moses commanded, and that day about three thousand of the people died. [SUP]29 [/SUP]Then Moses said, “You have been set apart to the Lord today, for you were against your own sons and brothers, and he has blessed you this day.”

That's some stone cold gibberish there, speaking of exodus. I agree PC can get out of hand but there's not a lot of harm in it.. I'm more concerned about things like the environment, economy, terrorism, education and apparently trump is surrounding himself with oil and gas lobbyists and thinking of that trailer park meth head Sarah Palin for Secretary of the Interior-ha!
The old Vietnam war era song "Eve of Destruction" seems about right.

Moses took his time, by which time the peeps had reverted to their native traditions. He was so pissy he actually smashed the tablets with the Commandments and then proceeded to go on a massacre.
But this is just mythology. He could have been a nice bloke for all we know.

Agian;n870212 said:
...But this is just mythology. He could have been a nice bloke for all we know.

Mythology? .. But what are you saying? This is the Word of The Lord ... Gospel ... (well Ok ... technically not, but usually printed and bound in the same book)

you're casting doubt upon this?

I'm lost.... Saint Carl (Sagan) will be angered by this. He will entreat God to detonate a star and lase X-Rays in our direction to obliterate us

https://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap010602.html
crab_hst_big.jpg

I can only imagine the awe with which it was received and the reverence with which it was treated.
One little dummy spit and... SMASH (Apparently, God's Commandments were quite fragile).

"Moses turned and went down the mountain with the two tablets of the covenant law in his hands. They were inscribed on both sides, front and back. The tablets were the work of God; the writing was the writing of God, engraved on the tablets....

When Moses approached the camp and saw the calf and the dancing, his anger burned and he threw the tablets out of his hands, breaking them to pieces at the foot of the mountain."

Brilliant photos! God did all that?

Agian;n870215 said:
Brilliant photos!

yeah, APOD is one of my go to sites during the day ...

God did all that?

of course , who else? Clearly god plans in advance too as it takes centuries for the energy to reach its destination.

From that link:
In the Summer of 1054 [FONT=&quot]A.D. [/FONT]Chinese astronomers reported[FONT=&quot] that a star in the [/FONT]constellation of Taurus[FONT=&quot] suddenly became as bright as the full Moon. Fading slowly, it remained visible for over a year. It is now understood that a spectacular [/FONT]supernova explosion

One of my Fav's from St Carl (of the Church of Saganism)

Agian;n870212 said:
Moses took his time, by which time the peeps had reverted to their native traditions. He was so pissy he actually smashed the tablets with the Commandments and then proceeded to go on a massacre.
But this is just mythology. He could have been a nice bloke for all we know.

I heard something about him upon taking a village instructing that all the men and mothers to be killed but the young girls were for the taking.,,

pellicle;n870216 said:
yeah, APOD is one of my go to sites during the day ...

of course , who else? Clearly god plans in advance too as it takes centuries for the energy to reach its destination.

From that link:

One of my Fav's from St Carl (of the Church of Saganism)

I'd get APOD while you can I hear NASA is on the chopping block long with the EPA. Apparently the so called scientists at NASA agree with the EPA on climate change with is in direct contradiction with Sean Hannity ( brought to you by the Koch brothers ).
On a lighter note I hear Reinhard Heydrich a being brought out of retirement and tapped to be Secretary of Defense.....

cldlhd;n870223 said:
.. Apparently the so called scientists at NASA agree with the EPA on climate change

Oh, so now the thread veers towards the other branch of politics ... climate argument ... this is a fertile fishing ground

cldlhd;n870222 said:
I heard something about him upon taking a village instructing that all the men and mothers to be killed but the young girls were for the taking.,,
Religious fervour and child sexual abuse often go hand-in-hand.
Sorry to destroy the white liberal mirage, but Tibetan monasteries recruit young boys as sex slaves. Apparently it's against the religion for monks to penetrate holes, but thigh sex is ok. Tibetan converts to Christianity in India and Nepal have been murdered. The dumb arse missionaries thought they were doing God's work. The Tibetan government-in-exile is made up of Mr Lama's family. Does he really need to be on a CIA salary? Oh, btw he likes steaks. He can't be a vegetarian because of a 'medical condition'.

I'll leave 'climate change' to Pellicle.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back