recent election

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm absolutely amazed Trump won. I was convinced he had zero chance.
I'm not American, but I'm happy it was him and not Hillary. He is indeed a buffoon, but is the lesser of two evils.
The arms industry and gun-grabbers must be pissed.

I'm no fan of her but he is not the lesser of two evils. Anyone beside her would have stomped him, hell with all her flaws she won the popular vote. The arms industry is happy, he says he's going to spend more on the military. The gun makers are upset because they move a lot of merchandise convincing crackers "they're coming fer yur guns" .
P.S. But he did break ground by becoming the first world leader that's half Orang Pendek.....

She was going to escalate the situation in the Middle East and make some people very rich.
Spending money on the military to defend your country is not the same.
Hillary Clinton was indeed 'coming for yer guns', despite having a keen interest in firearms herself. Not everyone who values the right to bear arms is a 'cracker', whatever that means.
Goodbye and good riddance to that cow.

Agian;n870113 said:
She was going to escalate the situation in the Middle East and make some people very rich.
Spending money on the military to defend your country is not the same.
Hillary Clinton was indeed 'coming for yer guns', despite having a keen interest in firearms herself. Not everyone who values the right to bear arms is a 'cracker', whatever that means.
Goodbye and good riddance to that cow.

Yup, Obama was coming for my gun also, yet I still have it. This isn't Australia, you can buy a gun if you're in the terrorist watch/no fly list. A reasonable set of laws isn't coming for them. We all know if it wasn't for her the Saudis and the Iranians would be roasting Smores around a fire pit, ya all was well there before her 4 yrs as Secretary of state. We don't know what he'll do in the mideast, one minute he's an isolationist the next he's going to "bomb the **** out of them" and talking about how he "loves war". Except for the Vietnam war , tough guy skipped that one with a few deferrments . You better hope no Aussie commentators make fun of "the Donalds" hair or skin tone it it may be a mushroom cloud over Adelaide fer ya. On the bright side I've taken to talking in the 3rd person at work- " Chris did tremendous work today","Chris is the best at everything"....

Obama was coming for your gun too. The reason he doesn't have it is because people pushed back, despite Bloomberg's millions. At least Obama isn't evil.
Anyone who believes the POTUS is the most powerful man in the world is kidding themselves. Hillary had the connections to wreak havoc. I guess Americans have woken up to the fact that a lot of their 'great leaders' are/were psychopathic arseholes. I'm no fan of Trump. I think he's a creepy dude.

Hi
William2001;n870110 said:
Any comments about the recent presidential election?

may as well toss in my 5c (our Govt got rid of the 1c and 2c pieces, wisely in my opinino)

My first observation is that this has been perhaps the most argued but least transparent election I've yet seen.

Next I'll say that elections should not be an adversarial process, nor in my view should government. I believe good government should be about outcomes achieved by negociation where all sides are satisfied to some extent. However (like debating) it is usually adversarial and combative. This does produce a winner VS a loser but (if you've ever been to court) you may find that arbitration does not give the best outcomes.

Somehow elections have become like sporting games and one side wins the trophy the other loses, this does not produce a unified nation to my mind. Australia is in my view suffering by following this methodology.

Everyone seems to forget that at the end of the election process you always elect a politician.

In Australia we often complain that almost none of our politicians are ever steeped in the real world, they are all career politicians. This is where there may be something different for you in Trump ... he's a salesman.

He is not a traditional "old school" Republican (I understood the party was not unified behind him by any means) and Hillary is as cunning as a shithouse rat and a highly connected politician.

We shall see what happens, but my experience in Australia is that who ever you elect seldom turns out to be who you thought and did what you expected, so based on this I don't know what to expect now.

also, I've found Scott Adams blog posts to be interesting ... I expect he is much more informed than me, so I read them in that light (as well as that of my own personal views)

http://blog.dilbert.com/post/1529552...ting-president

[FONT=&quot]Did the United States Just Elect a Monster?[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]No. Clinton’s team of cognitive scientists and professional persuaders did a terrific job of framing Trump as scary. The illusion will wear off – albeit slowly – as you observe Trump going about the job of President and taking it seriously. You can expect him to adjust his tone and language going forward. You can expect foreign leaders to say they can work with him. You can expect him to focus on unifying an exhausted and nervous country. And you can expect him to succeed in doing so. (He’s persuasive.) [/FONT]

Scott makes interesting points on Taxation here: http://blog.dilbert.com/post/152811465446/i-dont-want-a-government-job
the taxation rates and effects of taxation he discusses are interesting.

would Trump be better or result in anything different to Clinton? We will now get to see ...

I find it interesting to observe the money spend on persuasion .... a good persuader needs less money as they just do it natrually.

presidential-campaign-spending-time-series1.png

and interestingly Hillary had her first gig in politics right out of law school in the Nixon scandal .. I've read she was totally fascinated by that process.

dollars_spent_on_campaign_tv_ads_general_election_spent_chartbuilder_1_0fc9110bb5ee86434c86c3783a0ef1fe.nbcnews-ux-2880-1000.png

Trump didn't have to spend much in his campaign, he got billions in free media coverage every night because his rallies got ratings. Its like how people rubberneck at a car accident, people wanted to see what crazy **** he'd say next. To my mind salesman another word for liar. Obama proposed getting rid of the gun show background check loophole not taking my gun. I see nothing wrong with a law abiding citizen owning a gun not do I see a problem attempting to keep them out of the hands of criminals, psychotics or terrorists. You may not always succeed but that's irrelevant. There will always be pedophiles but we don't throw out hands up and legalize it.
You're right pellicle he is a salesman and he sold a lot of people a big bag of bullshit now I'll be interested to see who he blames when he can't deliver and how long a leash the rubes I'll give him.
To reiterate I'm no fan of her but I expect now in my senior years ( I plan on making it Nocturne ) I won't have health care, adios Medicare!
Besides the election was rigged! Oh no wait he won so it's not. She won the popular vote , she shouldn't have conceded as if the results were reversed he surely wouldn't have . His legions of pigfukrs would be marching on the capitol as they promised to do. Many said if she won they would take her out using their "2nd Amendment rights". Just like any third world despot he promised to lock his opponent up if he won. He's not creepy he's a creep. When he hosted the Miss Teen USA pageant he loved to just walk in the dressing room unannounced and check out all the naked 15 year old girls. You're right Pell elections have become too adversarial, threatening to lock your opponent up if you win in order to get the your uneducated base riled up and half erect isn't statesman like behaviour. I know crackers around here who loved saying things like she should be decapitated in the street , gang raped etc...

As for "push back" when Obama "came after our guns" after the Sandy hook tragedy Trumps buddy Alex Jones who said that those 1st graders were actors and it was all staged by Obama, the creepy pin dicked followers of his then started calling the parents who just suffered the worst imaginable tragedy and calling them liars.Good old Alex is also fond of saying the guvment is putting chemicals in juice boxes to make kids gay and Obama is literally a Demon as he smells like sulphur.

Notes:
Alex Jones is a lunatic.
Trump used to walk in on his own daughter getting dressed.
Bill has similar interests to the above.
She belongs in jail.
Guess who the criminals and terrorists voted for?

Compliments of Google Translate:

Trump опоры должны научиться говорить по-русски.

I will refrain from posting how I really feel about him and leave it at: he is not my president.

Hi

cldlhd;n870120 said:
You're right pellicle he is a salesman and he sold a lot of people a big bag of bullshit now I'll be interested to see who he blames when he can't deliver and how long a leash the rubes I'll give him.

well my view is that politicians and salesmen usually have a lot in common ...

... but I expect now in my senior years ( I plan on making it Nocturne ) I won't have health care, adios Medicare!

this is a point I've raised here long before there even was a Trump on the horizon. I've supported my arguments with QE failures and examples of Obama's Affordable health care act causing problems for many insurers, the collusion between insurers and providers to essentially cease to make the medical industry anything like a free market ... I've been consistently told to shut up because I shouldn't bag the USA : even when all I'm doing is saying to people "don't count on the health care system to give you free surgery when making valve decisions, cos it may not be there"... so what I'm saying and have been saying is -> its been coming and don't blame Trump.

http://money.cnn.com/2016/08/17/news/economy/obamacare-insurers/

And still the Federal Reserve pours printed money into the market to improve liquidity ... but is it helping?

stupid_chart1.png

I'm of the view that if you want a democracy then you have to accept that people will make crazy decisions. At the old observation goes, as soon as the population understands that they can vote themselves bread and circuses then its all over.

It's Paul Ryan who wants to get rid of Medicare for those under 55 and replace it with a voucher so with my preexisting condition -BAV- good luck getting insurance as a senior. If anyone will insure me it'll be 5 times the cost of the voucher so America wil, be great again, seniors can go back to eating cat food so we can cut taxes for those making over $3.7 million a year.Trump will cut a 'deal' with Ryan to get an infrastructure deal so he can get an airport with his name on it. I remember when Obama got elected-actually won the popular vote -and when he called for infrastructure spending because we need it and we were in a hell of a recession -the Repubs blocked it and my few republican friends mocked the idea of spending money on roads, bridges and airports but now it's a great idea.I accept the result of the election something Trump said he might not, unless he won, but I hope he fails miserably. Democrats in the Senate should filibuster everything , like how when Obama got elected during the worst recession since the depression the repub leader of the Senate said it was their goal to have him fail, which would mean the country failed as well.No working together.
As for criminals and terrorists voting 1) convicted felons aren't allowed to vote . Law abiding Americans vote at absurdly low levels and I don't think criminals are very civic minded. Crack dealers don't vote.
2) You have to be a citizen to vote so terrorists....
3) I thought Australia was a nation of criminals?

honeybunny;n870122 said:
I will refrain from posting how I really feel about him and leave it at: he is not my president.
I won't say either what I feel about him as he's not my president BUT he will affect the rest of the world so I'm not at all happy. I'm also not at all happy about Brexit which directly affects me and those of us in the UK. I'm also not happy with the stupid way the world is going where atrocities and terrorism appear on the increase. Maybe I shall be off to one of those beautiful places that Pellicle posted photos of, places not messed up with people.

cldlhd;n870125 said:
...Trump said he might not, unless he won, but I hope he fails miserably.
I hope Trump burns in hell ... but for your sake I hope he doesn't fail

. Law abiding Americans vote at absurdly low levels

well then ... perhaps they should get off their arses and participate in their democracy. Complacency allowed Hitler to gain as much power as he did

Sadly I'm not of first fleet convict stock ... that has "cache" in some circles. I'm just of Irish Stock (which was enough to make you a criminal anyway)

We all get forced to vote, but I can't say I'm fond of the democratic system that the USA has ... as you mention convicted felons lose their vote (I think forever) ... then there is your funny vote counting system that I don't fully grasp.

Paleowoman;n870127 said:
...Maybe I shall be off to one of those beautiful places that Pellicle posted photos of, places not messed up with people.

hey, that's why I'm up here :)

Norway from the summer of 2006:
399742655_40d158785f_b.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back