Prayers for My Friend Please

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BDMc

About a year ago I asked folks to pray for my friend Richie. He seemed to do a little better foe a while, but is in rough shape. His care isn't being managed well, he lives in a camper on the back of his truck, and needs a new defib/pacemaker unit. They won't put it in, unless he has full time care to go home to. He has no income, was denied SSI, and told to wait until Feb. of 2011 for another hearing on that. Tonight he got news that a "friend", that had said he would take him in for his recovery, has changed his mind. He has always been a great friend to me, and while I have taken him in for a few nights/days at a time, I'm not in a position to do more. I try to comfort and reassure him that something will work out. But it's easy to see why he is very depressed, and scared. Thanks, Brian

Very saddened to read about your friend, Richie.
It's cold and rainy here in Boston tonight and I ache to think how lonely and frightened he is in the back of his truck.
Very sad.
Prayers something wonderful happens to help him.

No one should live like that. That is very sad. We Bostonian are pretty honest, real people. If he needs a helping hand maybe we can do some donation.

What a sad situation your friend is in. I feel for him and will pray for God to provide resolutions for his multiple dilemmas.

I'm sorry to hear about your friend and the situation he finds himself in. Surely there is a solution for him out there somewhere. I can't imagine living in my truck in Mass. Please keep us posted on how he is doing.

Kim

Thank you all. I think as bad as his financial situation is, his spirits are what he really needs help with. He is just so overwhelmed. He doesn't let anybody in to advocate for him, and is not doing well on his own. It seems inconceivable that he has been denied SSI, but I hear they routinely deny everyone now. That is a crime. He can use all the prayers, and positive thoughts you send his way. I thought I might lose him a year ago, and we have had a lot of good times together since then, and at least one when I was screaming mad at him. I hope we'll have a few more years at least. Thanks again, Brian

Brian, I am sorry to hear this, it is just sad to hear. Its a shame he doesn't want someone else to advocate for him.. One suggestion, I don't know IF it would help, is put in a call to your congressman, he might no of programs or orgs that would help Richie. Does he have any family that could help him if they knew what was going on? I only ask, because I know some times family members try to keep their problems "quite" so the rest of the family doesn't worry about them or because of their pride ect.

Is it a matter of he needs a place/care right after surgery? IF so would a rehab place be a possibility? or does he need something permanent, so he can do the phone checks ect

Very saddened to read about your friend, Richie.
It's cold and rainy here in Boston tonight and I ache to think how lonely and frightened he is in the back of his truck.
Very sad.
Prayers something wonderful happens to help him.

........... One suggestion, I don't know IF it would help, is put in a call to your congressman, he might know of programs or orgs that would help Richie. ..........

I feel very sorry to hear about your friend's situation and I think Lyn's suggestion is great.

In any case, I will pray for a solution and I believe a lot in prayers.

Keep us posted.

Brian,
I will also pray for your friend. What a very difficult situation to be in. I am sure he has appreciated your kindness over the years.

Brian,

Any more news about your friend? Thoughts/prayers en route....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |* Chicagoland Meets, 2011?
MCs.CC + CHD.models.HO.legos.RadioShows + RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"I ain't up to being strong now" ... Wynonna ... 'Is It Over Yet'

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. I just got off the phone with him. He had moved in with a cousin last Monday, and while not too comfortable with her, was happy to have a roof over his head. He went to another friends Sunday, and spent the night there. When he went back to his cousin's, she told him "Your health makes me too nervous, you'll have to leave today, or tomorrow." He is spending the night with his parents, and planning to get a place with one of his brothers that is going through a divorce. It's not in an area he wants to live in, but it is with his brother. I have spent many weekends with them, and feel much better about it. We talked for about an hour tonight, and by the end of the call were both laughing. His health is not good, but if he can get settled somewhere, he can reschedule his surgery for the pace maker/defibrillator, and hopefully that will help buy him some more time. He is hanging on, and that's pretty good for now. Thanks, Brian

I am glad to hear that your friend's situation has taken on a more positive turn, Brian. Hopefully he can get situated soon and is able to have the surgery he needs to go on with his life!

Best wishes to him & of course to you as well! :)

Latest posts

Back