one side of chest swollen?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Country

anyone ever come across this before?

one side of my chest is swollen .... all the way from my incision to my armpit!

it looks like i have one A Cup boob.... a uniboob!

i just called my cardio(he is on call) and he is completely puzzeled!

no pain, no discoloration, and i am not noticing a major shortness of breath.

has anyone heard of or noticed this before

What side? is it extra tissue on top of the bones, or does it seem like that side of your rib cage is sticking out? (I hope you can understand what I'm trying to say)

it is my left side. it just seems like flesh or more muscle, maybe i would just call it fat?.... i am a pretty skinny young man so this is pretty noticable to me and my gf.

I think a call to your Surgeon's office would be in order.
You probably won't get to speak with him directly but you should be able to discuss this with a Nurse or Surgeon's Assistant who will relay this information and your questions to the Surgeon. I'm thinking he needs to know about this and hopefully he may have some answers.

Good Luck getting this resolved!

'AL Capshaw'

I think you should call your surgeon and ask too. Has it been like this pretty much since surgery or something you are just noticing now? It could be a few things, but since it doesn't seem to be the bone, but your chest tissue on top of your ribs
but I'm wonderring if perhaps those muscles are a little out of shape? Hopefully it will be something simple

It is a no brainer that you should contact your surgeon and get him to order a blood workup to rule out any cahnce of infection,,,,when caught early enough it can be easy peasy to clear up ....as always keep the community informed

"UniBoob"? Oh boy, we are gonna need pics of this thing.....
I would be calling the surgeon's office.
SOME HOW I just knew that was too good a line to hold back on but I did
runaway.gif

haha! well i just noticed it last night and that is when i called my cardiologist. he told me to go in and see him this afternoon and so i did. he felt me up a few times and thought that we had better get a ct scan done just to see exactly what we are dealing with. he doesnt think it is an infection because there arent any lymph nodes in my armpit .... which is where the breast area drains to apperently? so i dunno. i go in tomorrow for the ct scan and see the doc next week, i think it will be sooner if it looks threatening.

and to top it all off!! my inr droped from 2.9 10 days ago to 1.5!!! i think their machine is reading wrong or something! that is just outragous!

haha! well i just noticed it last night and that is when i called my cardiologist. he told me to go in and see him this afternoon and so i did. he felt me up a few times and thought that we had better get a ct scan done just to see exactly what we are dealing with. he doesnt think it is an infection because there arent any lymph nodes in my armpit .... which is where the breast area drains to apperently? so i dunno. i go in tomorrow for the ct scan and see the doc next week, i think it will be sooner if it looks threatening.

and to top it all off!! my inr droped from 2.9 10 days ago to 1.5!!! i think their machine is reading wrong or something! that is just outragous!

Did they put you on Lovenox until your INR goes back in range? Hopefully you'll have answers soon about whats going on

Did they put you on Lovenox until your INR goes back in range? Hopefully you'll have answers soon about whats going on

nope they just adjusted my dosage..... "protocol" or so i am told is to up my dose by 30-40%. which i think is crazy. i have been at a steady 2.9 for prob 3-4 weeks with rotating every other day from 5mg to 2.5mg of warfarin..... and now they jumped me up to 5mg every day of the week!

wrong part of the forum for this conversation but it kinda relates ...... maybe?

When there is a Large Change in INR it is always a good idea to have a repeat test.
Was this Low Reading from a Finger Stick Machine or a Lab Draw?
Getting a Lab Draw with a Fast Turnaround from the lab would be a good idea.

Making a Large Dosing Change based on ONE unverified out of line measurement could be Risky.

'AL Capshaw'

it was from an inratio 2 machine. but the nurse that puts my "drop" of blood on the strip, just takes my finger and smears it all over the strip! putting it nicely ... she isnt very good at her job! it almost seems that could be part of the problem!

it is my left side. it just seems like flesh or more muscle, maybe i would just call it fat?.... i am a pretty skinny young man so this is pretty noticable to me and my gf.
So, I was thinking about your chest last night...(!!)....and I remembered that we had a VR member who
had the same thing, but on the right side. He had also posted a pic of himself at the beach or whatever,
and he clearly had one side of his chest larger than the other. I believe that the only answer he got from
docs was that the muscles had been cut and healed differently. This may have been 1 or 2 years ago.

hmmmm well that is interesting..... yeah i cancelled my ct scan today because the radiology docs are out of network at that facility, yet at the other local facility, that uses the docs, are in my Insurance network! darn insurance companies drive me crazy!!

i did have my ct scan done today and i hear what it looks like on thurs from my cardio..... and i had my inr checked again today and i am at 3.2 which is good but i dont understand why it would drop like it did but i am in range and i am happy with that!!

Back