New member - AVR Surgery set for May 17th 2010 at Royal Vic in Montreal

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At 56 years, valve choices were made and discussed with surgeon yesterday and Edwards Magna (bovine) is 1st choice and St-Jude Regent mechanical is a fallback plan B (depending on assessment of MV at surgery)
Gil

So Gil, I've got to ask, it seems you have changed back to Bovine Valve, i know its a personal so don't respond if I'm stepping out of bounds. what made you decide on this type of valve? As I stated before I to am going in Jun 8. I to have also decided to go the bovine valve. iI believe it to be the right choice for me. Also my MV made need a tuneup as well, guess they get a better idea once they are in looking around.
Looking forward to hearing about your speedy recovery, best of luck
MK

...And your nose hair! Mine were so long that I could have made a rope out of them and escaped.

Geez Ross , am having some trouble with the picture on the nose hair LOL, ....ok, ok will trim that as well as my toenails....

serves me right for mentioning the grizzly/polar bear look in previous mail

LOL

Gil

So Gil, I've got to ask, it seems you have changed back to Bovine Valve, i know its a personal so don't respond if I'm stepping out of bounds. what made you decide on this type of valve? As I stated before I to am going in Jun 8. I to have also decided to go the bovine valve. iI believe it to be the right choice for me. Also my MV made need a tuneup as well, guess they get a better idea once they are in looking around.
Looking forward to hearing about your speedy recovery, best of luck
MK

MK, darn had done this reply, miskeyed and somehow lost all?, so here we go again...the simplistic right decision for me

Am 56, so that choice (statistically) may well outlive me and if not medical advances may offer future options on this choice
I am a scatterbrain on regimens, regularly forget vitamins and heck foget to eat..if it wasn't for my better half?
for meds, have minimal experience with Advil, Tylonol, decongestant...so required maintainance would be quite a chore for me
Travel a lot and sleep little, leisure time is outdoors, in all seasons
Am hoping with above choice to have the closest i can get to maintaining current lifeestyle, with least potential lifestyle compromise and regimen

Know i need to make some lifestyle changes, but lesser is better for me.

This will be a very good choice for me, the best I could find and my surgeon agrees that this should work for me and risks are acceptable and manageable.

Gil

You will definitly maintain your current lifestyle. In a few months everything becomes alot easier and maintance free. which is nice. I can contest to that, been there, done that and glad I did.

Got the phone call this evening for admittance tomorrow Sunday AM and confirmation of Monday AM operation.

Am relieved that we are on track to "git it dun".

May be away for a little while, as do not believe there is net access at the hospital.

hope i get the see the tail end of that Mack truck that hit me come end of day Monday (grin).

Thank you group for the crash education and support on the process and decisions.

will provide update when i can, likely about a week

bye for now

Gil

Wishing you all the best, Gil. We will look forward to an update post-op. Can someone post on your behalf?
Sending positive thoughts your way.

Whoops; saw the, "bye for now," and don't know if you'll see this before. But offering more best wishes : )

Latest posts

Back