My scar at 7 weeks 2 days

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

malibu82

hey everyone. i haven't posted my scar in awhile so here is an update. i am noticing it is a little crooked on top, which you can notice in the last picture..... but oh well! here it is at 7 weeks

IMG_0871.jpg

IMG_0870.jpg

IMG_0869.jpg

IMG_0862.jpg

Looks excellent Jackie! I couldn't see the crooked part until the last pic. The lighting must have to hit it the right way to see it. And you can already tell, yours is healing so nice, it's gonna be almost invisible anyway, so being crooked won't matter. The top 3 or 4 inches are already almost invisible in those first two pics!

Jackie, I think your's is going to look fine. I, too, do not have a straigh line but, rather, like you a shallow "S" curve. My surgeon said that when the skin is covered with the special saran wrap like plastic as the team prepares for surgery, the skin gets stretched a little so what looks like a perfectly straight line to the surgeon sometimes takes a different shape when the plastic is removed and skin relaxes. By the time you are a 7 months, it is likely that most people will be unable to see it clearly.

Larry

Your scar looks good! Thank you for posting pictures... it helps to see it in "real" life. Honestly it has been one of the things I've been putting out of my mind, trying not to worry about it, but when all is said and done I really don't want a scar but if I have to have one I want one that looks that nice!

Jackie,
I agree with the others that your scar is looking really good. Honestly, mine doesn't look as well healed as yours and I am 8 months post op.

Latest posts

Back