My Big Dog Really Sick

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glenda

This must be the season for our little furry friends to be sick. I was up all night with my blue healer, Lady. We got home from church around 8:00 last night and I noticed as Lady was laying on her bed that she seemd to be rubbing her nose. I went over to lay down beside her and pet her and she was covered with blood, it was pouring out of her nose. I got her outside real quick because we have carpet everywhere but the kitchen. I finally got the bleeding stoped but every hour on the hour all night long she would start bleeding from her nose and you could hear it in her throat. She finally threw up some awful looking bloody stuff. I cleared out my kitchen and made her and me a bed in the floor and I slept beside her all night, well slept is not even close to what we did all night. By morning the kitchen, her and I looked like we had been in a blood bath. I called the vet the first thing this morning and rushed her over. They kept her and are running a bunch of tests. They gave her three shots of Viatmin K to make her blood clot. The vet wondered if she could have got into rat poision. I said "No" I hadn't put any out for the winter yet. I talked to the vet a few mintues ago and she said she had stopped bleeding and that she would check in on her during the night. This just makes me sick. You all know how I feel toward my animals. My poor husband felt so helpless, here I was sobbing so bad and laying in the floor with my poor dog. I wasn't about to leave her by herself during the night. She wasn't the one that was suppose to go first. My little dog Cuddles is 15 and she's the one that can't hear, can hardly see and can't hardly walk. I would never have believed that Lady would get sick. She has always been a very active, healthy dog. I don't know if you are supposed to pray for animals (but I do) and I did. I prayed that she just wouldn't suffer. The doctor even suggested lung cancer or liver problems. My cat and little dog are lost without Lady. They are mopping around and won't eat. I'm supposed to find out tomorrow what is going on. Say a prayer for my precious "Little Lady."

Read your post Glenda and sorry to hear,these things sure

are stress in our lives,and the others pets around.

Your all in my thoughts and prayers,which reminds me mine

are all due for vaccinations PDQ and i better do it soon.

Please try and get some rest yourself,i know it's difficult

when one of the family ends up in hospital overnite.

You did what i'd have done spent the night on floor in the kitchen.

Praying for best outcome and keep us posted,your post put tears

in my eyes as i read.:(

zipper2 (DEB)

Glenda, you and your Lady are in my thoughts. I truly understand the deep connection we have with our beloved dogs, and how much anguish their pain brings us. I hope it turns out to be something simply and quickly remedied.

This has been a sad season for our animals. Let's hope that Lady walks us to a better one with a swift recovery. I feel for your pain, Glenda.

Very best wishes,

I had a puppy that would 'wander'.

Apparently a neighbor put out some poison to keep dogs / animals in the woods from getting into his goats.

Hope your Lady makes a Full Recovery from whatever is ailing her.

'AL Capshaw'

I hope she is doing better this morning. You have my thoughts and prayers.

You and Lady Have My Deepest Prayers Glenda...

You and Lady Have My Deepest Prayers Glenda...

I absolutely cannot stand to see an animal sick, especially when they are a member of our family, and Glenda, God put these wonderful animals on earth as a gift to us all, so yes, we are supposed to pray for animals, even if we weren't, I most certainly would do so right along with you. My parents just had to put our 2nd family pet, Butch (She was named by my little brother who at the time, couldn't tell if the kitten was male or female, so he took his best guess) down as she had liver cancer, and after putting our beloved beagle down 28 years ago, this was every bit as painful.

Please know that I am sending out ((((((((((((((((((((((((Tons of Hugs)))))))))))))))))))))) and prayers to you and Lady and please keep us posted. Harrybaby:eek:

Bless your heart Glenda. I'm so sorry your Lady is going through this. Prayers being offered for a good outcome. God bless.

Dear Glenda, it really saddens me to read this.....our babies are precious.
The veterinarian on my pet forum states the following possible causes for nose bleeds:
Polyps
Tumors
Upper Respiratory Infections
Platelet disorders
Severe allergy or obstruction with foreign object
Inhalation or consumption of Toxins (rat poison, commonly)

My best wishes to your furbaby and you for a curable diagnosis.
Please update us when you can.

Dear Glenda,
There had been many nights where I too would make a bed for myself to comfort a sick dog.
I do pray that everything is okay this morning.

Ooooo Glenda, I am so sorry about your poor Lady! Our pets are so precious to us & it's so gut wrenching when they get sick and we see them suffer. :( I would prefer being the one that's sick rather than my pets!

I will pray that your Lady gets better. Best wishes dear!

Glenda,
This brings back painful memories. It's such a helpless feeling. I hope Lady recovers, and that you find the cause of such an awful experience.

Glenda, my heart goes out to you and our other members who have lost their dogs. Yours is sick and I pray that all will turn out to be well. I just can't imagine a healthy dog getting so ill in such a short time. Hoping your vet will find the cause and be able to fix it for her. Sick animals are so sad and we just don't know what to do about them except love them all we can. They are our children and how we suffer over them. Our children eventually grow up and can complain and tell us where it hurts. Our dear animals are not capable of that except in their eyes. Blest thoughts to you just now.

Glenda,
I'm really sorry to read this. I hope she recovers totally and quickly. You both deserve nothing less.

Glenda:

I'm so sorry to hear that Lady is ill. Please keep us posted.

We have a writer here who is blind and has a Seeing Eye dog. "Gabe" is her 2nd one and she got him in September. Late last week, word got to me via the grapevine that Gabe had gotten ill -- lethargic, vomiting, etc. -- and a good samaritan saw Liz struggling with Gabe on a downtown street and swept them off to the vet.
Problem: Gabe had been nibbling on jasmine ground cover at a church across from our office building. Jasmine is poisonous.
He has recovered and back on the job.

Am hoping that Lady is doing better by now, too.

Glenda-

I hope there is good news about your dog. I am so sorry. It is heartbreaking to see a beloved pet so ill.

Glenda....sorry to read your news. Seems we have had a rash of sick pooches here lately. My 3 yr old shepard mutt is showing signs of hip issues and Im taking him to the vet on Saturday. When he first stands up he has a hard time getting himself going, sometimes plopping back down again. Once he is moving he is fine, he drags me around the block for his walk as you would expect any 3 yr old 110 lb shepard/donkey (so it seems) mix. Hopefully its not displasyia but Im a bit worried. I hope your precious pooch fairs well and recovers quickly, I know how hard it is to see a creature so innocent go through stuff like that.

Latest posts

Back