My Big Dog Really Sick

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hi Glenda

You might want to ask your vet if it might be an ethmoid hematoma. Are her bleeding episodes water blood? If so, she might have a hematoma in her nasal cavity....especially if you feel her breathing is compromised. I don't know if dogs get them, but I do know horses do and all her symptoms seem to indicate that something is definitely in her nasal passages or lungs. FWIW....hope your vet gets it figured out soon.

Evelyn

Evelyn I'll be sure and ask the vet about this. It is a real runny blood although sometimes it looks like clots. She just had another really bad bleeding spell that lasted for about 10 mintues. In fact she got all over my carpet before I realized what she was doing. Poor thing, my heart is just breaking for her. She is quiet now and laying in her bed out in the garage. She doesn't want to come in the house. I'm going to call the vet the first thing in the morning.

Bob good idea about another vet. There are three vets in the practice together. I don't believe they are farm vets. They only see dogs and cats. I am going to ask for another one of the vets tomorrow to see her. At least they could get together to find out what is wrong with her. Through all this she has never lost her appetite and she does seem to be drinking a lot of water.

My husband just doesn't understand all the money I am spending on her right now to try to find out what's wrong. You have to understand he's from the old school and a farm boy. You don't spend this kind of money on dogs or cats. He does know how much I love my animals so he doesn't say much to me but I know how he feels. He does hate to see my so upset. I haven't been able to eat or sleep much. My heart is just breaking and I have a huge lump in my throat. I feel like I need to lay with her during the night but I've got to get some sleep or I will get down myself and I can't afford to do that.

Thanks once again for all your prayers!

Glenda get some rest to and still handing prayers to all

praying for best outcome for Lady.

zipper2 (DEB)

Prayer for Lady

Prayer for Lady

I sure am sorry about your dog Glenda. I know EXACTLY how you feel. I too, love my animals. There is absolutely nothing wrong with saying a prayer for them! I am Catholic, and we have a day once a year for "blessing of the animals", at the church!

I will be sure to say a prayer for your sweet Lady.

God bless, Kathy M.

Latest posts

Back