My Big Dog Really Sick

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dear Glenda the Good, How very sad. I do hope Lady is doing better tonight. Is "Blue healer" a breed? I like that name. We always called my mother's dog a "healing dog", but he was a Pekinese. They are such a comfort when we don't feel well, and it is so hard to see them suffer. Love, Brian

Aye, Glenda.

Very sorry about your Lady. Thoughts/prayers en route....

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ... & I approve this post
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Who's gonna hold me tonight?" ... Trace Adkins ... 'Help Me Understand'

Glenda just checking on you two,i hope you are both

alright,been checkin in off and on.

zipper2 (DEB)

Glenda,

I will be praying for you and Lady. I am so thankful God gave us animals. They give us so much more than we can give back to them. Please keep us posted.

Karl

Thank you, thank you wonderful people for all your good wishes for Lady. I knew you animal lovers would understand my struggles. At this time Lady is doing okay. She stayed two days at the vets and they ran all kinds of tests. It was expensive, but to me it was worth it. They put her on vitamin K and I am giving her this real expensive dog food that is supposed to be good for her liver. She had real high liver counts. All her other blood counts were fine. She was exhausted by the time I got her home. I couldn't get her to get out of the car. She weighs about 70lbs and I just can't lift her so I kinda of dragged her out. She would't have anything to do with me for a long time. I guess she was mad at me for leaving her at the vets. Of course she still wanted to come in the house. I had cleaned up her bed and it was all nice and fluffly. She went and laid down on it and stayed there all day. By evening time she was my best friend again. I was sitting in my La-z-boy reading and here she came all 70lbs of her and crawled up in my lap and put her head on my chest as to say "Thanks Mom." The vet really seems to think that she got into poision from somewhere. She's a farm dog and used to drag in all kinds of things but as she's got older she doesn't roam anymore. She's a real calm, loving dog. She loes the grandkids, really loves everyone. She loves to chase, balls, fisbees, sticks and bring them back to you. She was my father-in-law's dog. If fact I got her for him the month after my mother-in-law died. She was about eight weeks old. She was a great cow dog when he had cows. You could find her laying out right in middle of the herd. One time a bunch of little calves got out and she went up the lane (without being told) and brought them back in through the gate that Dad had opened. She's a very smart dog! I inherited her from him after he died, that way she got to stay with the farm because we bought the family farm.

I only wish animals lived as long as we did. I think a little part of me dies everytime I lose one of my precious furry friends.

Thanks again!

Glenda,

I read your post the other day, but was not able to post and tell you that I was praying for her to get better. It does sound like she got into something she shouldn't have. Our animals are our life. It is too bad they don't live as long as people. Lady sounds like one really smart dog. I know she is happy to be back home and that she has forgiven you for taking her in. I believe she did understand you were only trying to help her. I am so glad to here that Lady is doing fine.

So glad to hear that Lady is back home & feeling better. I have farm dogs too & they do tend to get into all sorts of things so one has to be careful.

It appears that you were fortunate enough to catch whatever ailed her in time, thank goodness!
:)

Good to read your post Glenda.
Another prayer answered .

((((HUGS TO THE LITTLE ONE)))):p

zipper2 (DEB)

So glad to hear that Lady is doing better. I would be lost without my Savannah, German Sheppard ,and Chief, Husky mix. They are my best friends.

I am thrilled to hear Lady is doing ok Glenda....

I am thrilled to hear Lady is doing ok Glenda....

I can't stand to see any animal sick or hurt due to illness or whatever. Our first family pet, a cross between a dachshound and a beagle was one that I grew up with as he was born 2 months before I was, and he stayed right by my mother while she was carrying me. I miss my grandparents beagle Pal, every bit as much as Cloud (my father named our dog Storm Cloud because he was all white and the day he got him it was a nasty day out).

What a wonderful gift that God has given us....the unconditional love and friendship of animals. I know that when my time comes, I will hopefully be walking through the pearly gates all covered in the furry animals that I have loved while here on earth.

Please give Lady a great big ((((((((((((((((((((((((Hug)))))))))))))))))))))))))) and a great big OXOX on the nose for me. ((((((((((((((((((((((((Hugs and Prayers)))))))))))))))))))))))))) from me to you. Harrybaby:D:D

Thanks for posting, Glenda.....I've been checking in and was really getting worried when we didn't hear from you. Keep her in and away from rat poison if you can.......thank God she's ok.

Evelyn

Latest posts

Back