Make it a small bus please!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeff Edmonton

Time is approching quickly, did not sleep well last night thinking "will they cancel the surgery". The waiting!!!!! Am I ready????? So many questions and thoughts going thru my mind.

Thank you Hank and all that help maintain and contribute to this portal. I am very gratefull to have a place to vent and seek pity and search for answers.
I am human; therefore, I am frail.

May the Gods be kind and see us thru this and give me strength to survive this surgery.

I will do my best to keep updates...Jeff from the "Great White North":wink2:

Hi Jeff, had my surgery cancelled a week and a half ago. Now I have another week and a half to wait. Like they say, "it's the waiting that gets to you. Good wishes to both you and Steve who go before me. It was also good to hear the news about Allison yesterday.
John

Hi Jeff, I'm right behind you and going in on the same day as epstns. Just got back from a day at the spa (that's code for "just got back from my pre-surgery testing at the hospital). We're all in the same boat here. I don't know what I would do without this site. My family and friends have been amazing but hearing from people who have gone through it, or are going to go through it, makes me feel so much better. Just remember, this surgery is a straightforward one with a high chance of success and a low rate of complications.

Sending you tons of positive vibes and best wishes, Jeff.
Using your words: May the Gods be kind and see YOU thru this and give YOU strength to survive this surgery and have a smooth recovery.
Godspeed.

dmeehan - I'll have to say that the cath was definitely more "exciting" than the MRI. Aside from being poked very hard somewhere that I don't like being poked, I got the neat-o drugs <g> and from time to time could actually see the screens as the docs worked. Oh, and I did walk sort of funny for a week or so, and I got a haircut that I won't show anybody. . .

As for the cardiac MRI, a big ho-hum. I spent about an hour in a metal tube with headphones on, just doing "breathing exercises" as the tech told me to breathe or hold it. Didn't even get to see the results. (I did get a copy of the disk with my cath video's -- way cool!)

So, if that's the spa, bring on the hotel!

Go Class of 2011!

yup, in my house we only refer to the hospital as "the hotel". The one thing about going to the doctor/hospital/etc is that you do have to check your dignity at the door. But, think of it like a coat check, you can pick it up on the way out.

Jeff, you can do this. We all can. The statistics and the technology are all on our side!

Hey Jeff....I'll be thinking about you!!! Hang in there...just a day more to go and then your re-birth will begin!

You will be just fine. We will all be looking forward to reading your first post!

Godspeed!

Hey Jeff, been thinking about you.......you'll be fine..... your the little engine that could :wink2:

Small bus or train, for me it was more like an elephant was stepping on me :redface2: (I never had a broken bone and I think that's where most of the pain was).

So what time on Friday Jeff?

Is there someone who could up-date us? cause it will might be awhile before you can focus/considerate on a computer and we'll start to worry.

Freddie, not sure what time the surgery is yet, have to call tomorrow to confirm. I will get someone to update this site so no one has to worry.
I had a massage yesterday and the receptionist there had a brother that was a heart surgeon, trained in Toronto and lives and works in Germany. She said she watched a surgery standing behind him looking over his shoulder, she almost passed out from standing there so long. Did not know that OHS was a spectators sport.

I will update more tomorrow when I have an exact time, bye for now.

awaiting to hear something...God bless you

Jeri

here is the link to the update Jeff's wife made after his surgery http://www.valvereplacement.org/forums/showthread.php?37573-All-is-well
Hi all, my husband asked me to post an update for you.. Jeff had his valve replaced to day and is in ICU right now: alert, oriented, responsive and doing well. Hoping to have him breathing on his own sometime tonight (SpO2 sats are still too low). Will be back to visit tomorrow and I will try to post more tomoorow night. It been a long and stressful day
Good night all

Latest posts

Back