Mainframe needs ALL your prayers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree with you on Dr Miller and your outcome. I have recovered so well from my Miller maraton surgery, and you will, too! I was told people come from all over the world to him when their own docs say something can't be done. Dr Miller says it can! So, which dinner is your favorite? 32 days, oh my, so you've tried all the food, I'm guessing? or maybe not yet. I liked the stuffed shells for dinner. Also, remember, they will bring you extra stuff, like an apple, pudding, ensure, if you don't feel like eating the food. You 'sound' like you've turned a corner. All the best!

chris great to see you posting,thank god you researched your surgeon with the help of Al capshaw and got the right one,take your time now think patience is ggoing to be the key now good luck and hope the recovery is going to be smoother from now on

Well, this was a welcome site - to see a post by Chris' own hand. Nice to see you're up & around... well, sort of. You've come so far and I'm so pleased for you. What a marvelous wife you have - lucky to have such a great advocate. And you've got a super friend in Bill. So, one step at a time - before you know it you'll be racing around the block. Keep up the good work!

I saw Chris last Tuesday. He was doing well. It appears he will be discharged from Stanford and transfered to a rehab facility early next week.

Chris was transfered to Acute Rehab in San Francisco on Monday. All indications are that he is doing very well. I will be visiting him & Tina on Wednesday.

Chris was transfered to Acute Rehab in San Francisco on Monday. All indications are that he is doing very well. I will be visiting him & Tina on Wednesday.

Let me know when they let him off the leash. It will be very soon after that that he comes home.

I got to rehab on Monday late afternoon and on Tuesday they ordered several tests including an ultrasound of my legs which had not been done at Stanford. Of course they found a blood clot in one of my legs.

So now it's heprin drip and forced bedrest for the next 5 to 7 days before I can actually start rehab. Another bump in the road but what choice do we have?

I got to rehab on Monday late afternoon and on Tuesday they ordered several tests including an ultrasound of my legs which had not been done at Stanford. Of course they found a blood clot in one of my legs.

So now it's heprin drip and forced bedrest for the next 5 to 7 days before I can actually start rehab. Another bump in the road but what choice do we have?

Sorry to say it, but I too had a clot in my leg, but they found it before the rehab stage. Honestly, it sounds like your repeating my experience all over again to almost a complete T. Don't do that! :) Part of that darn clot broke off and found it's way to my brain. (Now you know why I just ain't right)

Sorry about the bump in the road, Chris, but keep your eyes on the prize farther on down the road. Praying for the resolving of this issue and further good, steady progress on recovery road.

I'm sorry to hear this. Its too bad Stanford didn't do the test and find it, thankfully it didn't travel in that time. Hopefully once this clears up you'll have a mech smoother road and the big bumps are all in the past.

You must be bored, can you ask if there is something they can find you that you can, maybe a puzzle or craft (Justin learned macreme during his BE)

Oh Chris-

You must be so tired of all of this. But please keep remembering where you were, and how far you've come. So even though you have had this setback, you are still on the road to recovery and the light is at the end of the tunnel. You will get there. It's a very good thing this was found before you went home, and it is being addressed.

I'll report an update on Chris. I've visited him several times over the past few weeks, most recently last Sunday. He got through the heparin therapy for the leg clot and finally got cleared for some actual physical rehab last Saturday. He's getting 4 sessions a day and it's challenging. He looks better each time I see him. There is some indication he may get released to go home in another week, possibly sooner!

Back