Mainframe needs ALL your prayers

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
May God be with Chris and his family through all of this, he is really having a bad time it sounds like. Many Prayers!

i don't know how to express in words Bill being here to support both my wife and I. He is a kind and generous man who offered to do anything I needed prior to even meeting face to face and clearly has been a huge support for both my wife and I since the surgery. Both Tina and I will consider Bill a friend for life.

I've never considered myself an emotional guy but there were times while reading the thread that I got a bit choked up and teary eyed. Thank you everyone for the support. It means a great deal that my VR friends are here. I've thought alot about what anybody might be posting the last 3 weeks while in CCU (no contacts allowed) and needless to say I'm blown away.

As Bill noted, my wife has been a tremendous advocate for me. See speaks to the doctors and nurses to find out exactly what is going on as well as letting them know who and what I am. I couldn't done this witthout her. What Bill didn't mention is that beside being my advocate, she is taking care of her 93 year old mother with Alzheimer’s who can't be left alone.. Every minute of each day Tina is taking care of one of us. Tina is my rock

Well I've been here at Stanford for 32 days now. I spent 5 days in the ER prior in what Dr. Miller a "tune up". I'm off all IV and they pulled 2 sets of sternal wires today. I type this laying in my hospital bed hoping to take more than the 2 steps I took today.

So yes, Ross is right again. At this point most issues I am having are of a physical therapy nature. I can't get out bed or walk. I look forward to the day I can just walk to the bathroom That will be big.

I also wanted to acknolege Al Capshaw who wrote in several threads about Dr. Miller as the go to guy on the West Coast. It got me thinking and researching and I truly believee had someone else done the surgery, I wouldn't be heree tp type this.

Thanks again for everyones support. It means alot.

Chris, thanks for talking to us this evening. Its great to see that you can post. Bill has kept us informed, and we are thankful for that. Please take it slow, dont rush, and just post when you can. Very glad to see you back with us.

Chris, it is absolutely wonderful to be hearing from you. As you said, Bill has been wonderful in keeping us updated but having you recovered to the point of being able to do it yourself is an answer to prayer. I know you have a long way to go but it is nice to have you back!

Oh my gosh Chris and Tina...my heart goes out to both of you tonight. I'm just so pleased to see you talking to us in person. Bill has done an outstanding job of keeping us up to date on your progress -- what a guy and yep, bet he's a real friend for life. We tend to find out who those are when we're in a predicament like this.

And Tina -- my Mom is 94 and I appreciate your very brave position. Okay Chris...you've talked the talk and now it's time to walk the walk slow, very slowly and easy - one step at a time.

In my 10 years on this website you've had one of the roughest times that I can recall. Hang in there with us and we'll be here for y'all..!!.

Hey Chris... Very glad to see you getting online and communicating with us... Good luck with continued improvement and a smooooooth recovery.

Hi Chris,
What a wonderful way to end my day...a personal post from you! We have all been rooting and praying for you and will continue to do so. You have been through alot and as others said, take your time. We are here for you.
We are very grateful to Bill for his updates and support. Yes, he is a friend for life indeed. Please give Tina our very best too. She is a wonderful woman and so glad that she has been able to advocate for you.

My very best wishes to you,

Chris, It is awesome to finally "hear" from you! It's clear that you are a fighter, so keep it up until you get back on your own two feet. It'll happen, maybe not as fast as you like, but step by step, you'll get there and we will be here cheering you on.

Kim

Just wonderful to see you posting! Bill so kindly kept us informed and I must say you had us worried there for a while. Wishing you a smooth and steady recovery, and that you soon will take that magic walk to the bathroom.Tina sounds like an angel!

Well, well looks who's here?
What a pleasure it is to see you post Chris.
A strong and positive attitude will take you on the "Magic Walk", you've got both and it will come.

Here's Looking at you kid, you Rock!

So nice to read this post by Chris! Continuing best wishes to you, Chris and Tina :) .

So yes, Ross is right again. At this point most issues I am having are of a physical therapy nature. I can't get out bed or walk. I look forward to the day I can just walk to the bathroom That will be big.

First off I want to say how very happy I am to see you post. I don't need to tell you that I was on edge for a very long time with you, even though I wasn't physically there. You've been through hell and it's going to take some time, but you'll get it and you'll get it faster then you think.

I remember telling all the nurses that I couldn't wait to go to the potty like all the big boys do! Yes, even that, is a physical struggle to be overcome. You will, and again, sooner then you think. Just don't get discouraged about them strapping a gait belt on you and walking you around like a dog. I hated it, but if they hadn't used it, I'd of fell face down on the floor more times then I'd care to admit. It's not worth rushing it my friend. I came home too soon. I realize that now, but they told me a month of more of rehab and I wasn't going to have that. I told them 10 days and 10 days it was. I beat myself up hard to get there too, which is why I'm telling you not to rush it. I know how bad you wanna get the heck out of Dodge and I surely don't blame you one bit.

Perhaps you and I can talk when your out, feeling better, and things settle down some. ;)

Chris, I can't say how glad i am to see you posting again. I know that you still have a lot ahead of you. I will continue to keep you in my prayers. Just take your time, try not to rush anything and i look forward to your next post.

Welcome back, Chris! I'm so glad you're feeling better. You'll be upright in no time, just don't push too hard to get there. ;)

Michele

The "sound of your voice" brought tears to my eyes.

The "sound of your voice" brought tears to my eyes.

Chris:

We are so happy to see that you you are improving quickly now. Keep remembering that the best is yet to be...only good things from now on.

Kindest regards,
Blanche

Back