luckyguy17 - 3 weeks post op pics

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luckyguy17

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
well, well surgeon sewed my head back on at the request of the group:eek:

also pics with no shirt, so i can showoff fine physique (grin), ooppps time to cut back on food:(

scar is fading quite well:)

drain holes still very prominent and finally scabbing (4 in my case), but then again not much fever from 48 hours post op onwards...was burning up for 1st 48 hours, expecially when AC conked out on a very warm evening while in step down from ICU

still have the loose skin syndrome, as had blown up into the Michelin blimp in last days at hospital likely from fluid retention and not much upper body activities since op

Attachments

• 2010_06_07%20080_.jpg
    2010_06_07%20080_.jpg
    31.5 KB · Views: 45
Looking good Gil. Can hardly even see the scar already! And your chest tube holes are looking better than mine - jealous ;) Mine's still a big hole / dent. Seriously thinking about asking the surgeon this afternoon if it's too late to put a stitch or two in to close it up (not oozing at all - just is a hole/dent - looks like a belly button). Glad you finally got your head screwed back on straight! Enjoy the nice weather. Like you mentioned earlier, I'm anxious for a long walk today too. In fact, maybe I'll just walk up there to Canada and meet ya. Or better yet, let's meet halfway - not sure where that would be - hope it's not in the middle of Lake Superior or something.

Mentu,

no glue on incision that am aware of , had Kryptonite glue done on bone, but there were 54 metal staples holding things together on the incision for 1st 10 days...did post a pic somewhere around end of May, I'll see if i can track it down...maybe staples leave less of a scar or something, but am quite sure that the multi drain holes have many more weeks of healing until they fade

no big deal anyways, thought it might be wise not to register any running marathons or beauty pageants for the next few months (grin)

Gil

wow that is looking really nice! way better without all those staples! this is probably a dumb question but how did they get those staples out? did it hurt? the first thing i thought when i saw your first picture was OUCH!

looking good!

Gil, I just mapquested it, and it looks like halfway is somewhere near Saginaw, MI. But since I'm gonna have to walk all the way around the southern end of Lake Michigan, Nov/Dec may be optimsitc. I'd say more like early Jan lol. I'm catching a plane back home though - I don't need to be in THAT good of shape ;)

Thanks guys and gals,

Malibu, staples thing had me bothered as well, but turned out to be not so bad, although my 70ish old nurse probably had lots of experience

procedure quite simple, tug one side, tug other side, grab and remove....each feels like a pinch 54 x 3 or about 20 minutes total

Andy, think i prefer Eric's idea of meeting in Hawai, walking not an option (smile)

wow that is looking really nice! way better without all those staples! this is probably a dumb question but how did they get those staples out? did it hurt? the first thing i thought when i saw your first picture was OUCH!

looking good!
Gil,
I was thinking the same thing as Malibu82. Your scar looks amazing! I can hardly see it. Good on you. :)

Thanks guys and gals,

Malibu, staples thing had me bothered as well, but turned out to be not so bad, although my 70ish old nurse probably had lots of experience

procedure quite simple, tug one side, tug other side, grab and remove....each feels like a pinch 54 x 3 or about 20 minutes total

oh glad to hear it wasn't so bad!

Latest posts

Back