Life changing steps

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you, everyone, for your congratulations. We are very excited, though trying to be cautious too. A lot can happen in the coming weeks. But that didn't stop Nathan from taking me to Babies R Us today "just to look." (we really didn't buy anything) He was so cute checking out the fancy strollers they have out now. Even took one down for a test drive! ;)

It felt kind of weird when the salesman came up to us and asked if he could help us. I said "No. We're just looking. We just found out a couple of days ago that we're expecting." :eek:

Nathan doesn't want to buy anything (or have anything in the house) for the baby until after the first trimester. Guess when that is! Christmas Day. How cool is that?! :D

This IS so exciting, Congrats to you both.
Man strollers have change since our son was born. There not just strollers anymore; their BMW's, Cadillac's and Hummer's; complete with matching car seat and a cup holder for your coffee. And the wheels on those babies.......guaranteed you won't get stuck in anything. :) I don't blame Nathan for test driving any of them.

VERY cool about Christmas Day!!!! What a celebration!

Congratulations to you as well. I speak from experience when I say nephews are great! :D You can spoil 'em rotten, then send them home! LOL :D

*grins*

Thank you!

Ohhh...I will spoil this kid rotten and make sure to corrupt him at the same time ;).

For the next couple weeks we're on "stand by" mode.... Joy had contractions 20 minutes apart on Friday...but nothing since...yet, anyway...he he!

Niki, We are all feeling a little like uncles/aunts! Wishing you a happy healthy pregnancy, and an easy delivery when the time comes! At least you won't be in pain. Brian

I was going to wait until after our official u/s on Friday to spill the beans, but apparently I couldn't resist in the Throwdown, so I'll go ahead and spill it here:

We're having TWINS!! :D :D Double trouble. :eek:

So, anyone wanna move down here and help us out in 8 months? ;)

OH MY GOSH! TWINS! Has the shock worn off? Were you shocked? I think this is fantastic news Niki. I'll have to bookmark your blog so that I can read it and see pictures too. YAY!

Exciting news and wishing you both the best of

everything DOUBLE WISHES:D:)

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

zipper2 (DEB)

Wonderful news- you will be busy, but "happy busy"- congratulations!

...anyone wanna move down here and help us out in 8 months? ;)

*raises eyebrow*

What's the pay? Health insurance plan? Let me know ... and, if it is good, sign me up! I spell in TX sounds good to me..... he he.

CONGRATULATIONS on the TWINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ... & I approve this post
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Gonna do my very best" ... ABBA ... 'Take A Chance On Me'

Oh, heck, Niki, I'll volunteer. I've already got twin experience, with my nieces. Feeding charts help.

We'll have to schedule a VR reunion-slash-baby shower in the spring. You're going to need two of EVERYTHING.

Niki:

That's wonderful!
That's wonderful!
(Oops! Did I just type duplicate messages??? :D)

There are all sorts of support groups for parents of multiples. My niece -- who delivered her babies yesterday -- got hooked into the ones in St. Louis months ago.

One suggestion: Hand out packs of Doublemint gum instead of the usual bubble-gum cigars.

Oh, heck, Niki, I'll volunteer. I've already got twin experience, with my nieces. Feeding charts help.

We'll have to schedule a VR reunion-slash-baby shower in the spring. You're going to need two of EVERYTHING.

Sounds good to me! :D

And Marsha, I've already started looking into the MOM (Mothers of Multiples) groups in the area. I know myself... I'm going to need all the support I can get! ;) :D

Congratulations! I agree, the feeding and changing charts help! My twin nieces are now 10 months. Two at once is very challenging. Calling in help will be a must for many months! Scheduling time for yourself is important too. It is easy to lose sight of things around you.

Very best to you and yours! Can't wait to hear more as the months progress.

Woohoo, Niki, I'm sooooo excited for you. I somehow missed this this incredible thread so I went back and read through all your posts again. I'm very excited for you and Nathan. You'll both be fantastic parents. :)

Back