Justin update

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lynlw

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Well I haven't updated on Justin lately and since June 19 was 3 years since his conduit revison surgery, this looked like a good time. Also May 3rd was his 5 year birthday for his pulmonary valve and the older part of his conduit....yeah
Also (knock on wood) his sternum that came VERY close to having surery in jan for thereoccuring, infection is looking great.
So life is good, his is stil in college and working as a stagehand in Philly and Atlantic city and everyonce in a while Hershey ect, since it is summer he's been very busy and really loves his job, even when the hours are LOOOONG (he has a hammock for naps when it is slow lol) He still gets tired, so rests alot on his days off and so far it works for him.
He also finally had his MRI/MRA and we got the written report (his appt in in Aug),.Everything is stable. Not "great" since it IS Justin's heart, but stable is good for him. Most of his last surgeries were on his right side, but his orginal CHD was his Aorta and Pulmonary Artery where backwards along with a couple other things. We were concerned about his Aortic root so relieved to see it
hasn't gotten bigger, it is still 4.3 (the same as 07) sinotubular junction 3.6- midascending 3.5 -distal arch is 2.5 and descending is 2.1. )
And of course this right ventricle is huge (vol 245, but much better than pre op of 311) the report says "right vent hypertrophy is seen again but stable," So nothing is worse than it has been, so we'll take it.

All in All life is good.

Hi Lyn, It is great to see that Justin is doing so well. I will say a special prayer for all of you tonight that things get even better for him, but if not, at least stays stable. God bless. x

Great to hear everything seems stable Lyn! And also great to hear he's loving his job! I can relate - my son FINALLY got a job he loves just recently. That's a big relief on us parents. Here's to continued good news about Justin!

Thanks for the update, Lyn! It's always good to hear about other "heart kids" who are doing well (or as well as can be expected). :biggrin2:

Lyn, Great to hear that Justin is doing well. I have been wondering the last few days how hes been doing. I LOVE to hear good news like this!! Will keep you folks in my Prayers.... Daren

Wonderful to hear good news about Justin. Huge best wishes it continues this way for years to come.

Hey! good report! Especially about Justin's happiness with his job and the fact that school must be going well for him. God, can he feel normal? It sure sounds like he is!! Yay!

You are an encyclopedia of medical terms. Out of necessity, I know. I hope your summer is going well, too, and that you get a rest from the worry.

Best wishes.

Marguerite

Hey Lyn,

I've wondered how Justin is doing ... so, good to see an update about him. Glad all is well.

Hopefully we can meet up when I'm out east in August.

Cort | 36.m.IL | 5 Monte Carlos.1 Caprice Classic | pig valve.pacemaker * NoreastrTrekRT=Aug2010 *
MCs.CC | models.HO.legos.CHD.RadioShows | RoadTrips.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Got a lead foot down on my accelerator" ... Jodee Messina ... 'Bye Bye Bye'

I've been thinking about you and Justin (posted on his carepage) lately, hoping his sternum was OK and he was doing well. Great to get this good news. Even though Matt's LVdd creeped up a little this last echo, we're still calling it stable, so we're also feeling good. Now if I can just stand it in the fall when he is off at college and no longer at home full-time!

Latest posts

Back