Just got home!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yvonne

I can't say this was the most fun experience I've ever had, but it had to be done and it's now over. Up until the night before I was sure I was going to get a pig valve. I wanted nothing to do with coumadin, but after talking to the doctors, I decided to go with the mechanical valve and will hopefully never have to go through this again. They said there are no guarantees that I wouldn't need coumadin with a pig valve anyway. I do know, that I don't want to go through another surgery. Two is enough for me.

I was discharged yesterday and I'm trying to move around, but I'm so tired all the time. Everything wears me out. I guess time heals all wounds.

I can't stay online too long, but just wanted to let everyone know my surgery was a success :)

Glad to hear everything worked out alright. The Docs did the samething with me and talked me out of the pig valve and I'm glad they did, I to do not want to do this agin.
The warfrin is not the big deal it is made out to, at lest to is point anyway ( 9 weeks out). So like everyone said, rest, eat, one day at a time.it goes by fast.

Later,
Mac
AVR, single by-pass 11/19/09
carbomedics mechanical
Dr. Suri
Mayo Clinic

Yvonne, Glad to hear you are home, where the real healing takes place. At least in your own digs you can control who gets to bother you while you rest!

I'll bet New York this time of year is perfect for indoor recouperation!!:D

Bob

Good news on your successful surgery and return home! Strength will return. Get lots of rest and move around some (walk) too. Being at home helps a lot.

Latest posts

Back