Its Coming

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BBBBBBRRRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Having survived one winter in Alaska just North of Fairbanks y'all can keep ALL that cold stuff WAY UP THERE. Our remote radar site sat on top of a hill above the tree line. One night we had to work all night trying to keep our roads open and the 4 mile above ground heated water line from freezing. It dropped down to -45F air temp with a wind chill of -110F. That is much too cold for this old Georgia Boy.

I remember when I arrived in July, the fellow that picked me up at the airport took me into Fairbanks before we went to the radar site. I noticed that just about every parking place in town had what I thought was a parking meter, EVEN THE LOCAL MCDONALDS!!! I thought to myself that they sure were a greedy bunch charging for all that parking. I was told they weren't parking meters but electrical outlets for the vehicles during the winter. He said if you didn't plug in right after parking, you were not going to start the truck when you got ready to leave. He laughed and said once the vehicle froze up the only way you were going to start it was have it towed to an heated indoor garage or WAIT UNTIL SPRING!!!!!!

By the way, it is supposed to be in the high 70s/low 80sF here this week-end.:p:p:p

May God Bless,

Danny :)

I knew there was a reason I didn't want to take the girls to see family at Christmas! On Friday when we leave it is supposed to be 80 degrees, at my parents house in Oregon it is supposed to be in the teens to 20's with way to much snow!

Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! Thought it was cold here, but it's nothing like you're getting. We're supposed to have another storm with 12" of snow tomorrow and another storm coming Sunday, and then one on Christmas Eve. I hope they're wrong. Normal weather for all of us in Western NY though. We've been spoiled the last couple years, so this is hard to get used to though! I wish i could find some chains for my wheelchair so i could get out and about as it's not even Winter officially until Sunday and i have cabin fever really bad already!

Keep warm and have lots of nice warm hot chocolate and soup :eek:)))!

Dawn-Marie

Dawn-Marie, I have an older woman next doot who uses a walker. Her son put in a ramp this year, and she was having trouble putting her garbage out the first day it snowed - she didn't know how slippery her ramp might be. I suggested she make the best of it, and get skis attached to the wheels - maybe you could do the same - WHEEEEEEH !:D

talk about way to much snow, we just had 17 inches dumped on us in 24 hours. Then this saturday back down to -6 f.

jjay: I was watching the Seattle news today.
Thunder, lighting, rain and snow.....talk about the full meal deal.

Hope your safe and didn't get caught up in all that ugliness.

well, I am in uk and no snow here ..... We wish, the children would love it ! bit of a chicken

A friend of mine was over last christmas from Romania,she was here

2 months almost and when she flew back she took some of Canada

with her last year the snow in romania was unreal,the kids there i saw

the weather channel were running and loving it. My friend didnot like the

cold and i remember it was -30 last year into January with windchills.

Still -30 tonight here too, not sure the windchill for tonight.

zipper2 (DEB)

May God bless your hearts and warm them up for you.

I rained all week and the temperature was in the mid 40s but felt in the the 30s due to the wind, and I felt freezing:D:D and depressed! And I lived in the East Coast for 18 years before I moved to CA 8 years ago.

I shall pray for you to stay warm and safe:)

jjay, I have sympathy! I am hoping to make it down the gorge from Portland to The Dalles relatively early Saturday between storms and then make it back to Portland on Tuesday! The catch 22 with rental vehicles is they don't rent chains because they could "damage the vehicle"! Now that chains are sold out in Portland I am lucky that I made an expensive SUV reservation this summer when they were the cheapest vehicle. I made another reservation but kept this one "just in case". They have me on a short list of people who HAVE to have 4 WD or AWD to get where they are going. They said it shouldn't be a problem, I am now wondering why we are leaving Orlando and 80+ degrees!!!

This is nuts

This is nuts

Colder out today than ever,even hubby's had enough!!!!

WERE MOVING (JUST JOKES) we arenot:mad:

-35 and windchill tonight at -45

Freddie be careful with those thighs.....donot go out at all.

Not sure but your 1 hour temp cant be too much warmer:eek::eek:

suppose to last till christmas and then even this weather and kids

and all travellers better be prepared with all neccessities in their

vehicles case of unexpected happenings on the road.

OHHH it's too cold!!!!!

zipper2 (DEB)

For our American friends, the translation form Zippers temperatures: -31F = -35C and the windchill; -49F = 45C
And I'm walking around in bare feet ;)and I don't have heated floors :)

For our American friends, the translation form Zippers temperatures: -31F = -35C and the windchill; -49F = 45C
And I'm walking around in bare feet ;)and I don't have heated floors :)

Thanks Freddie and get them slippers on cus they will match

your thighs:p

zipper2 (DEB)

Thats way to cold for me! I am praying for the next cold front..shorts and flip flops are all we wear round here. Its suppose to go down to the 50's,,brrrrr,,and then back up to 70 by Christmas.
Thats just wrong....

Latest posts

Back