Its Coming

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Freddie

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
We may not have a lot of snow, but the cold temperatures will be here in 24 hours.
Not including the wind chill; meaning a quantity expressing the effective lowering of the air temperature caused by the wind, esp. as affecting the rate of heat loss from an object or human body or as perceived by an exposed person.
Starting tomorrow, the low is -25F (-32C) and the high is -14F (-26C) and if there is a wind......just add another -5F (or -10F) degrees to those temps:eek:

Oh the joys of living in the Canadian Prairies.

I moved from Va to Ca eight years ago and I was missing the cold weather, the rain, the snow, etc. for the first three years. Now, being spoiled here, I do not think I can live in such a cold weather more than three days of vacation!! just to enjoy the majic white snow falling and covering the grounds and look at the ice falling from tree branches.

Keep your hearts warm.:)

Should I mention that we haven't turned on the heat yet?!?!:eek::eek::D

Today Mostly Sunny
High: 65°
Tomorrow
Low: 41° High: 72°
Sunday
Low: 56° High: 78°

The only time I've been in -24 degrees was in Crested Butte, CO and I still remember..

Come to Texas Freddie........!!

We may not have a lot of snow, but the cold temperatures will be here in 24 hours.
Not including the wind chill; meaning a quantity expressing the effective lowering of the air temperature caused by the wind, esp. as affecting the rate of heat loss from an object or human body or as perceived by an exposed person.Starting tomorrow, the low is -25F (-32C) and the high is -14F (-26C) and if there is a wind......just add another -5F (or -10F) degrees to those temps:eek:
Oh the joys of living in the Canadian Prairies.

Hey Fred, u bin readin 'em edukashunal books agin?:D:p

Hey Fred, u bin readin 'em edukashunal books agin?:D:p

Yea Kidding Bina?
I cheated and used the good old fashion dictionary or was it wikipedia?

Hey Jim; hot water bottles and heavy blankets does the trick; with a little foolin around under the blankets helps ;):D

UPDATE:
With the winds - starting tomorrow, it will feel like -38F :eek: and we have an appointment at the tree farm to pick out our Christmas tree. They don't deliver :(
Oh yippee, the joys of winter :rolleyes:

OOHHHHHHHHH FREDDIE SSSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

It's gonna be cold,dont say it too loud it will come quicker.:eek:

zipper2 (DEB

LOL, C'mon girls. We can face this cold snap better'n a pine beetle. We need the cold for a 2 week run and then the durned things will retreat to the coastal regions where they belong and not here in the boreal forests.

I've got my fluffy slippers and an extra sweater. My car is in the garage and the rest of the family's are plugged in. It's gonna be cold but no worse than every year before...

Take Heart,
Pamela.

Well......its here!
-27C which equals to -16F and with the winds :eek::eek::eek: -40F/-40C

Windshield warning in effect until Sunday.
Skin can freeze within seconds at this temperature.

Stay inside Zipper!

I remember when I moved to this farm in 2002 and the first couple of winters almost scared me right into a fast trip to Florida!
To go into the barn twice a day to check chickens and break the ice in their water buckets was a big deal. The heat lamp couldn't keep up and if I had to do that again I would run the wires for the heated buckets.
Of course even after only 5 minutes outside, then returning indoors would mean that my fingers would unthaw and hurt like he--.
I've got those big leather insulated mittens, but they are just too hard to work with.
Anyway, these days the barn is empty in the winter. We've become seasonal hobbyists.

Well......its here!
-27C which equals to -16F and with the winds :eek::eek::eek: -40F/-40C

Windshield warning in effect until Sunday.
Skin can freeze within seconds at this temperature.

Stay inside Zipper!

I can not imagine it being that cold. It's in the 50s here and I'm sitting at the computer with a light jacket on.

Try and stay warm. How do you do it I don't know.

I feel for you, Freddie, but do me a favor and keep that cold stuff up North with you!:p

marie - ever see how the Eskimo's bundle up? Big heavy coats, big woolly gloves and boots. Well we dress something like that, if you don't, one has to dress in layers of clothing......that means long underwear.
Bina: you'll have your turn with cold weather soon enough.

Here's the picture as requested - taken with the laptop. Its still thawing out and dropping needles as it warms up. Froze my toes (with two pairs of socks on) and my legs (even with the long johns) my hands also got very cold, but there's nothing on the market to keep them warm.

Heck if one doesn't freeze from picking out a tree, it wouldn't feel like Christmas. :D

Mary: I would LOVE to share this lovely weather with you. Everyone should experience this at least once in their lives. :)

Latest posts

Back