Imho

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like we have a group hug in process. Thats great as I hate to see VR members go ape on each other. By the way I hate the password option.:mad:
If every heated thread requires a password a good many threads will need passwords.

As I've stated previously, this is one time thing because of the importance of the issue at hand. It is the only reasonable solution to the problem.

.... I believe it is time for me to move to the back row or maybe just hang out in the lobby .... I feel that I have lost something that I do not know that I can regain....

Remember, laugh, love, eat cake and be nice.....

Cooker

Whatever works for you. Tom. I simply avoid arguments here, and not because I have my head in the sand. Just read my political blog or ask anyone who knows me. I just feel that with the life and death issues we're facing here, I'd rather concentrate on what this site does best and leave the other stuff alone. Hang in there. We need you onboard.

Jim

I decided to review my original post and there is no doubt I could have posted in a kinder, gentler tone ... I did not intent to target the heath care thread but I see how it could have been taken that way .... not being a particularly political guy I did not chime in on it, no need to open my mouth about something I am unfamiliar with and remove all doubt of my intelligence level....:rolleyes:

I still don’t understand how it got to the point it did .... but this has happened before with my post and that of others ... I never have purposely stirred the pot unless it was in fun on a subject that provided humor ... we all have hot buttons and when pushed we react ... the intensity of that reaction depends on what state of mind we are in or what is going on in our lives ....

I was not trying to police VR or act as an administrator in any way .... I have no desire or aspirations in that area .... I have enjoyed VR for the past four years but I must be honest and say that the joy I find here has been, and is fading .... I think we all at times take ourselves a little more seriously than we should ... VR has been a much needed place for relaxation stress relief for me but lately that has not been the case ... some get mad and leave, take a break and then return .... I believe it is time for me to move to the back row or maybe just hang out in the lobby .... I feel that I have lost something that I do not know that I can regain....

Remember, laugh, love, eat cake and be nice.....

Cooker

Well as I've said, it never should have went the way it did. If you had mounting complaints and concerns, bringing it to me would have been the proper thing to do rather then post a public thread about it. The better solution would have been for those complaining, to bring those complaints to me in the first place, and not to you. It appears most chose to go to Hank, who also did not tell me. Out of all of it, I got 1 complaint. Just 1. The thread was reviewed by Hank and he found no reason to delete, close or edit anything.

Let this be a lesson learned for everyone.

As I told you privately, the reason I closed this thread is because it came across to me as a "Lets Bash Ross" party thread. I get enough of that and really don't need a public out lashing.

With that being said, I'd like to address the rest of you.

This job is one that I do 24/7/365 voluntarily. I'm doing it mostly all by myself. Posting and actually being a part of the forum is only a blip on the radar screen compared to what all is going on in the background. This forum has grown tremendously since I first started this position. I've processed over 5000 new members (I just verfied #6848!) and have tried to do so in a timely manner. I've deleted around 1000 spammers, corrected things that went haywire in the database when there were no IT people around to do it and have tried to keep up with everything going on here every single day single handedly. In short, what you see and what I do are two completely different things.

Along with all the above are countless PM's and emails for changing thread titles, editing something to make it more reflect the users desire upon their asking me too, stopping flame wars, trolls, baiting etc. If you don't think it's not time consuming you'd be sadly mistaken.

People love you when you agree with them, but hate you when you don't. It's impossible to make everyone happy. I tried that in the past and all it did was cause even more trouble.

I guess I'm still confused. If it wasn't about the Health care Debate thread, then what was it about? To me, it was. People started complaining directly in that thread and then this one popped up. Pure coincidence? I'm not looking for more problems, I'm only trying to understand just what the subject is that sparked this whole thing if it wasn't that. You say that your joy is fading or is gone. PM me and explain to me why, if you don't want to post it publically. I guess I'm asking exactly what it is that is troubling you and apparently others, that I simply do not see or understand. I feel like I'm walking in the dark without a flashlight and guessing now. If it's something that I'm doing, I need to know. I can't fix what's broken if I don't know what it is. Then when I do know whats broken, I may or may not be able to fix it.

I mean, I generally do, but I don't know if that is actually part of the grand design.

So as a courtesy to those who will not be involved in this particular thread, or as an informative measure, is there some place on the forum page where we could say who the moderator is, who to get in touch with for whatnot. I just always open up and go right to New Posts.

Marguerite

At the bottom of the main forums page just above who's on line is "Forum Leaders" right to the right of "Mark Forum Read". Click on that and it gives you your choices to contact and method of contact.

The way it is, is that Hank should be number 1 when he's on, but he's seldom ever here. Galahad holds no real adminstration power over the forum, he is our web designer and in charge of upgrading our software and things like that, then there is me. The obvious choice only because I'm here daily. I'm not telling anyone who to go to, I'm just presenting the options.

Now if someone contacts me, I always send a copy to Hank because in the past, members have tried to play us against each other on our actions. Another thing I learned. Bottom line, The left hand isn't here most of the time, but the right hand is and keeps the left hand informed. Unfortunately, with this round, the Left hand didn't let the Right hand know anything.

There is also the FAQ or frequently asked questions to look into.

*Ross, I wish I could put my arms round you and give you a hug, but as I cant, Im sending you a BIG HUG from across the pond...x

See? This is what happens when we don't have any weekday naughty chat in our lives....;) :)
WAIT!!!!!! The weekday chat was a Naughty Chat??????? I sure wish someone would have told me. I feel so left out. I wasn't mad before - but I sure am NOW!!!!! ;) :D

People love you when you agree with them, but hate you when you don't. It's impossible to make everyone happy.

Truer words were never spoken. You will make yourself crazy if you try.
I haven't been here long enough and have no desire to ruffle any feathers (yet!:p). I will say that when I had trouble registering - Ross was johnny on the spot at getting it sorted out. What you do Ross is a thankless job and I for one want to take the opportunity to thank you now. So ... THANKS!

Finding this forum has been a Godsend for me now that I am facing the scariest thing I've ever had to deal with in my life. While my friends and family are really rallying round, it is thie people on this forum that truly understand my fear and what I am dealing with. So while I thank Ross I want to thank the members too for all the support and knowledge. I think you are all pretty awesome.

Rhena

Truer words were never spoken. You will make yourself crazy if you try.
I haven't been here long enough and have no desire to ruffle any feathers (yet!:p). I will say that when I had trouble registering - Ross was johnny on the spot at getting it sorted out. What you do Ross is a thankless job and I for one want to take the opportunity to thank you now. So ... THANKS!

Finding this forum has been a Godsend for me now that I am facing the scariest thing I've ever had to deal with in my life. While my friends and family are really rallying round, it is thie people on this forum that truly understand my fear and what I am dealing with. So while I thank Ross I want to thank the members too for all the support and knowledge. I think you are all pretty awesome.

Rhena

The support here is great ... I think some of us forget how freaked we were ... I for one will be with you along the way up and over the mountain and I am sure you will do just fine....

O.K. peeps. Ross blew and head gasket and threw a rod, maybe even spun a bearing.

I only want those who complained to Cooker and Hank and not me, to understand that unless you tell me about your dismay (More then 1 of you) on something like this, I'm not likely going to take any action. It depends on the circumstances at hand.

I'm ashamed that some of you feel that I'm impartial. I try to be as fair as possible to everyone when I can be. I'm only an alien and have feelings too, just as you do. I've made mistakes in the past and have learned from them. I try not to repeat them. All I'm saying is, please don't sit back and say nothing to me about something that's bothering you. I will fix it the best way I can. I can't read your minds. Mental telepathy is not part of my make up.

Hank says I'm taking this all too personally. I guess I am. I do have to say it hurt and I'm still licking my wounds. You all know, or should know, that my main concern is the smooth running of the this place. If you feel something can be improved or needs fixed, PLEASE let me know. By doing what was done here has left me wondering how many of you really think you can't talk to me. It doesn't have to be nor need to be, this way.
Were a group of people with all sorts of different problems, opinions, ideas, etc...Please, lets start over. There is too much divisiveness here and that is one problem I can't fix. I'd like to do that if you'll allow me.

Cooker, I apologize to you for everything. You know I love you like a brother and do not want this to come between us. All I'm asking is that you consider my feelings as I'm considering yours. ;)

Red = Learn to to tell people to #@*& off:cool:
Blue = no apology necessary:cool:

Latest posts

Back