Imho

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If it means that the rowdier, more vociferous and opinionated of us need a different room to have our discussion in, what is the harm in that? It's like an adult who closes the door or talks more softly when others (children, elders, people of a different persuasion, whatever) are around. It's a courtesy. I don't honestly think you can consider it censorship if we're maintaining the thread. Censorship would be tossing the thread out.

So, Ross -- great idea!!! Thank you so much for setting it all up. I feel better about the forum because of it. It's like a buffer zone. Newbies or very confused or sensitive people will have to go through a little detour to get involved in these heated discussions. But once everyone finds their way there, if they want to go there, I think this password thing might allow people to be even more opinionated!!!

Lets all understand one thing. The new category is ONLY for this Health Care Debate. There will be no new threads in it. This place is divisive enough without more heated subjects. The only reason it's even allowed is because it's talking about the very thing that is going to affect every single on of us. Health Care. This is a health forum as well as a heart surgery support forum. So lets not say that the thread has no business here. It certainly does. That's like saying there should be no active lifestyles forum or a significant others forum.

Why some people want to stick their heads in the sand and not deal with it, is beyond me. Maybe it's because I've put up with the brunt of this crap for so long, I don't know. I just know it needs discussion whether people like it or not.

O.K. peeps. Ross blew and head gasket and threw a rod, maybe even spun a bearing.

I only want those who complained to Cooker and Hank and not me, to understand that unless you tell me about your dismay (More then 1 of you) on something like this, I'm not likely going to take any action. It depends on the circumstances at hand.

I'm ashamed that some of you feel that I'm impartial. I try to be as fair as possible to everyone when I can be. I'm only an alien and have feelings too, just as you do. I've made mistakes in the past and have learned from them. I try not to repeat them. All I'm saying is, please don't sit back and say nothing to me about something that's bothering you. I will fix it the best way I can. I can't read your minds. Mental telepathy is not part of my make up.

Hank says I'm taking this all too personally. I guess I am. I do have to say it hurt and I'm still licking my wounds. You all know, or should know, that my main concern is the smooth running of the this place. If you feel something can be improved or needs fixed, PLEASE let me know. By doing what was done here has left me wondering how many of you really think you can't talk to me. It doesn't have to be nor need to be, this way.
Were a group of people with all sorts of different problems, opinions, ideas, etc...Please, lets start over. There is too much divisiveness here and that is one problem I can't fix. I'd like to do that if you'll allow me.

Cooker, I apologize to you for everything. You know I love you like a brother and do not want this to come between us. All I'm asking is that you consider my feelings as I'm considering yours. ;)

I wasn't one of those who complained about the health care thread to either Ross or Cooker or anyone, but just wanted to say what Ross just said sounds right on the mark to me. Ross does a great job running this place so if we ever have any questions, complaints, even compliments, we should go to him with it.

As for the thread itself, I thought it was pretty informative. Verged a few times on the personal, but the posters got past that. Sure it touched on politics some, but the political system is the vehicle for the proposed health-care overhaul. I agree with Ross completely that this is a terribly important issue, so no matter which side we're on, we should do our best to be well informed about it.

whatever I said was IN the thread and I didn't complain to anyone. Sure you know that you'd be the first to hear from me about whatever.

And, Ross, I know we can talk to you. I always have done so all these years and know that I always can - thank you for that.

Y'all, Ross does an ever present 24/7 job in VR and often does not get the thanks for doing all that he does. I am very grateful for his time that he gives this site in an effort to keeping it (and us) lined up and moving along (sometimes not too happily, but mostly always our members are).

I really don't believe anyone meant to hurt Ross, but he has been and now I say I am sorry that has happened, no matter what brought it about. His intentions are always good ones, you know. Actually he is our first defense - the soldier in the front so to speak.

You know, we have all had times when something just came at us out of the blue, when we were not expecting it and it just triggered off many emotions and got out of control. Maybe we were worried about something else and already feeling kind of rocky.

I think that's what happened here to all parties concerned.

It looks like a very human situation with some very dear and very human folks who got too emotional over a mere debate.

When we get involved in debating something, it doesn't mean that we cannot help others with their problems, it just means there is a little side debate going on.

People's abilities to help others is not a finite thing. We have unlimited capacity to discuss medical problems and discuss other things too.

I say, now it's time to kiss and make up and forget all this foolishness.

Looks like we have a group hug in process. Thats great as I hate to see VR members go ape on each other. By the way I hate the password option.:mad:
If every heated thread requires a password a good many threads will need passwords.

I decided to review my original post and there is no doubt I could have posted in a kinder, gentler tone ... I did not intent to target the heath care thread but I see how it could have been taken that way .... not being a particularly political guy I did not chime in on it, no need to open my mouth about something I am unfamiliar with and remove all doubt of my intelligence level....:rolleyes:

I still don’t understand how it got to the point it did .... but this has happened before with my post and that of others ... I never have purposely stirred the pot unless it was in fun on a subject that provided humor ... we all have hot buttons and when pushed we react ... the intensity of that reaction depends on what state of mind we are in or what is going on in our lives ....

I was not trying to police VR or act as an administrator in any way .... I have no desire or aspirations in that area .... I have enjoyed VR for the past four years but I must be honest and say that the joy I find here has been, and is fading .... I think we all at times take ourselves a little more seriously than we should ... VR has been a much needed place for relaxation stress relief for me but lately that has not been the case ... some get mad and leave, take a break and then return .... I believe it is time for me to move to the back row or maybe just hang out in the lobby .... I feel that I have lost something that I do not know that I can regain....

Remember, laugh, love, eat cake and be nice.....

Cooker

Watched Neil Diamond's "Hot August Night" concert tonight. Boy, that made me feel better than I have in a while. "Sweet Caroline" -- one of the great concert songs of all time.

But the title, "Hot August Night," made me think of the recent unpleasantness here. Hey, friends, this is August when the heat and humidity make us all a tad cranky. I think I've read most of the posts, and I don't see the reason for any lingering hard feelings. Why all the drama? Why not forget about it, and move on?-- fall will be here soon.

I'm glad to see this thread opened back up. I didn't think we were finished with it. And for now, I just feel like making some observations.

You know, when I first came here, I kept looking for a set of instructions. I had never been part of a forum before and I didn't know quite how to do all this... the buttons, the PMs the avatars. I just learned by trying and watching and listening to others. Now it's all pretty easy for me, and as I've said before, it's like in the Cheers theme song when it says, "sometimes I like to go where everybody knows my name, and they're always glad I came".

Even the best of friends have disagreements. We must allow ourselves those things here because we can't run out and buy a 6-pack or a chocolate cake and stop by face-to-face to make it right again. We just have to accept that sometimes we aren't going to get along perfectly.

Many of us wander in and wander out. Many of us are here daily. Many of us stop in briefly and never stop in again. Ross is always here. None of us really know what that is like. We aren't, by forum design, responsible in the way he is. It's been so long since I registered (5+ years) that I don't know if it tells me during my registration if Ross is the one to come to with all my questions, problems, etc.. Have we been instructed to go to Ross? I mean, I generally do, but I don't know if that is actually part of the grand design.

So as a courtesy to those who will not be involved in this particular thread, or as an informative measure, is there some place on the forum page where we could say who the moderator is, who to get in touch with for whatnot. I just always open up and go right to New Posts.

I still like the idea of the password for controversial topics. I still want the newbies to feel they have landed in friendly territory, not in a battlefield. But that's just me.

Okay, I'm walking into the middle of the room now for part of this group hug. Thanks to you all for expressing your committment to the emotional integrity of this place. Good job.

Big hugs.

Marguerite

Latest posts

Back