I'm Finally Back!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

epstns

Premium User
Supporting Member
Well, I got back from the hospital today at around noon, and I'm exhausted! Those stairs really take the wind out of my sails. . .

I'll post a longer version of my whole story within the next few days. I'm still compiling notes from the family as to what went on and when. Also, I still make too many errors typing. It seems that my mental faccilities are all here, they just won't connect to my fingers.

Keep watching for the "full version" of the story later this week or next. Just know that I cherish all the support I've received from all of you. I'm going to do fine, but I couldn't have done it without you.

Go Class of 2011!

Good to hear from you fellow class of 2011. I'm 1 1/2 weeks out.

Just a quick question, are you sporting a defibrillator? Just yes or no will suffice.

Fantastic news that you are home. Hopefully, you will be able to get some rest in a 'familiar' surrounding.
Take your time...we will be waiting to hear the 'play by play' when you are more up to it.
You know the drill, eat, breathe, walk, rest. :)
Wishing you all the best in your recovery. One day at a time...

Great to hear your home Steve. Take everything Slow we have lots of time to recover. Work can wait, slow and easy buddy. "2011 is a year to cherish"

Jeff from the "Great White North"

Glad you are home on "the right side" ....really looking forward for those posts
highs.gif

Very happy to know your home, way to go, Steve !!!!!!!! Now rest, rest, rest and need i say it, rest :) Will be anxiously awaiting " The rest of the story" ( in my best Paul Harvey voice ! )

Renee
Go Team 2011 !!!!!
ps...a speedy recovery to you as well, bdryer !!!

I am so glad to hear you are home and I pray that you are getting stronger and feeling better by the second...not by the day, the hour or by the minute, but by the second....Ole Harrybaby wishes you nothing but the very best recovery and rest!!! :D:D:D

Yay! I felt mentally 100% soon after surgery, but my fingers weren't convinced of that when I started typing. The typos faded fairly soon -- down to their residual level, that is! ;)

you finally made it out of the waiting room? that's awesome. Thought you might go over the hill before you went over the mountain. it's been a long wait for ya. Congrats and as Bonnie would say 'walk, walk, walk, breathe, breathe..' well, you know what she said. Blessins.................

Great to hear from you Steve! I was sorry to hear about the bumps in the road. I am now 6 days post op. I was able to come home at 4 days. Like they tell us, slow and steady will win the battle.
Looking forward to hearing from you !

John

This is such a welcome post! Rest up and do everything they told you (as I know you will).

I'm impressed with the amount you've typed post-surgery because I felt I was typing words backwards for weeks.

I hope things continue to improve for you.

It seems that my mental facilities are all here, they just won't connect to my fingers.

Just know that I cherish all the support I've received from all of you. I'm going to do fine, but I couldn't have done it without you.

YES!! You're home!!!
Yes!! I remember that feeling exactly as you describe it!!
Yes!! Group HUG!! It is very strengthening to know that so many people who genuinely understand almost every breath you take during this journey are there thinking about you. It really lightens the load.

Looking forward to all the sordid details (and of course scar photos if you're up for that! -- go find a flowery, tawdry shirt somewhere and strike the pose)

Remember. THIS TIME IS FOR YOU. You need to protect yourself from yourself (and any other pushy people) and truly work at recovering. Learn new peaceful skills. Get in touch with that spiritual side that's been hiding from the Type A in all of us. Use this time gently; almost like you would hold a newborn. Be good to yourself.

Congratulations, dude!! Welcome to our side of the mountain.

Here's moo-ing at you, kid!

Marguerite

Steve, thanks for keeping the waiting room as well as you have, I wonder if I found your favourite spot?

Great to have you home and I am looking forward to your story.

Latest posts

Back