Husband running a fever after heart cath procedure yesterday...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meganmitch

Hello All,

My husband had his heart cath yesterday along with the new flu and pneumonia vaccine and is now running a fever. Though its low grade, i called and spoke with the nurse whom said watch the site where they went in to make sure it isnt infected or oozing anything and to come in if his fever reached 102.0. Well at the moment he is fever free but his right left is a little blotchy (cath was done on the right side near his groin). Just wondering if anyone ran a fever or if that is related to the shots he received????

I'd call a walgreens pharmacist, find a24 hour one and call. They give flu vaccines so they should know if they can cause a fever.

I can tell you that my husband, and I both had the flu vaccine. We experienced no symptoms, and no fever.

Hope hubby's feeling better soon!

It's the pneumonia shot that's probably causing the little fever and of course a very sore arm. The arm that had the pneumonia shot will be sore maybe for the next day or so. The fever should be gone by morning.

From my personal experience with the pneumonia injection; about 5 hours after having the 'shot' I was cold to the bone and I mean cold. Took a Tylenol an hour before going to bed that night. The next morning I felt fine, but my arm was really sore; couldn't lift it above my shoulder, for me it took about 3 days for the pain to be gone.

Give hubby 24 hours and see how he is, if not any better call your doctor.

No fever. Just a sore arm. Better to call you doctor to be on the safe side.

Nelson, are you referring to me? If so, I'm fine, this was last week. On the print out the nurse gave me at the time of my 'shot' indicates, swelling, fever (call your doctor if fever is above 102) and a sore arm. There was no need to call my doctor.

Latest posts

Back