How cold ARE you?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pool parrrrty at my pad! :cool: You're all invited!
A beautiful 82 degrees here in L.A. today (or at least that's what my homepage said).

Sending warm thoughts of bikinis and iced tea your way...

Debi (debster913) ;)
All right,you talked me into it. I can take the heat if I have a pool.
Now lets see if I can fit into my swim suit:D

Ya know, it's weird. Wifey's feet somehow always end up about as cold as it is outside no matter what the thermostat is set to.
And if she does to you what I do to my DH,you are a big help, but
probably don't enjoy it a bit:D
How is she doing BTW,is she still being anticoagulated? Hope all is well.

It may be time to borrow a kerosene space heater and a CO detector or two.

Wifey's doing fine Dina :) Her feetcicles get warm pretty quick when she puts them on my legs. She's been on lovenox for a while now but she still hates sticking herself. Her belly is getting huge! 5 more months!

It's Summer

It's Summer

It's summer, admittedly one on the coolest in the last decade.
Today was a cool summer?s day of 20.1C in Melbourne.
Went for a ride, couldn't think of a better summers day for a ride on the motorcycle. :D
Next week is forecast several days in the high 30'sC or ~100F. :(
Grateful I am working in the air conditioned office, though not looking forward to the train ride home. :(

It may be time to borrow a kerosene space heater and a CO detector or two.

Wifey's doing fine Dina :) Her feetcicles get warm pretty quick when she puts them on my legs. She's been on lovenox for a while now but she still hates sticking herself. Her belly is getting huge! 5 more months!

CO detectors I do have running 24/7. Body tells me when the furnace stopped. It gets real cold in here real quick at -15.

My neighbor in Maine emailed me that it was -23˚F outside, and it was 28˚F five feet off the floor inside. He was about to stoke up his wood stove, and was then going to head over to mine, and to my other neighbor's.

I told him to give up and turn on my heat, but he's tough and stubborn...

Wait - just got this, and have to include it, after telling him he should just use the heater: Now that's a tough character...

Best wishes,

Now that's COLD!:eek::eek:

We're having a heat wave; 22 this morning.:p
Anyone here ever done the Polar Bear plunge?
I'm considering it for next winter.

Wouldn't you think that those Polar Bear Plunge activities would refuse anyone with a sternum scar or Medic Alert bracelet? ;)
I would have an instant heart attack....me no like cold.

We're having a heat wave; 22 this morning.:p
Anyone here ever done the Polar Bear plunge?
I'm considering it for next winter.[/COLOR][/SIZE][/QUOTE]

No, no, NO, Ref -- Superbob vetoes this for you. Google "cold weather" and "heart," and see what extreme cold can do to mended-hearts folk like us. Superbob is serious about this -- no smiley faces.

That's a bummer that your furnace likes to quit on you....we always found
that the annual $100 tune up and cleaning were well worth it. Around here we
can't take any chances.....

Yeah well I can use all the money I can get and if I don't have to spend $100 (or 3 bags of groceries) I won't. The oil flow stopped completely, so I had to grab my emergency filter and go outside and change the plugged up one. I now have an excellent flow to the burner and should not have anymore problems with it this season. I'm going to run and get a couple more filters to keep on hand for the next time.

I'm considering it for next winter.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

No, no, NO, Ref -- Superbob vetoes this for you. Google "cold weather" and "heart," and see what extreme cold can do to mended-hearts folk like us. Superbob is serious about this -- no smiley faces.[/QUOTE]

I really hadn't considered that, Superbob, so I will scratch the idea! Thanks for helping me reach a painless decision!:p:p

Yeah well I can use all the money I can get and if I don't have to spend $100 (or 3 bags of groceries) I won't. The oil flow stopped completely, so I had to grab my emergency filter and go outside and change the plugged up one. I now have an excellent flow to the burner and should not have anymore problems with it this season. I'm going to run and get a couple more filters to keep on hand for the next time.

Oh, I see.....the prob is with the filter on the oil tank, easy fix. Good for you.:)
I thought the actual furnace was crapping out. We went through our first winter on the farm like that. It was terrible, 2 technicians only made the problem worse until we found a furnace "guru".;)

It's -20 with the wind chill factored in. Better than yesterday, when they said with the wind chill factor it was -40 below here. At least we didn't get 2 more feet of snow, like they were predicting, but they said the snow machine was going to kick in again tonight, we we're supposed to get another 8" or so. Usually, Buffalo gets it worse than us, but this year all it's done is snow and snow. We are in ski country though, so we have to expect it. We've been lucky and had a lot of mild winters (which is so easy to get used to). This reminds me more of a winter from my childhood, but then i didn't mind it since i loved to go ice skating.

It's -20 with the wind chill factored in. Better than yesterday, when they said with the wind chill factor it was -40 below here. At least we didn't get 2 more feet of snow, like they were predicting, but they said the snow machine was going to kick in again tonight, we we're supposed to get another 8" or so. Usually, Buffalo gets it worse than us, but this year all it's done is snow and snow. We are in ski country though, so we have to expect it. We've been lucky and had a lot of mild winters (which is so easy to get used to). This reminds me more of a winter from my childhood, but then i didn't mind it since i loved to go ice skating.

I have thought too that this has been more like a winter I experienced as a child.

The big bad cold has left us, but the snow has arrived so I guess we just can't win and get rid of that nasty weather so Crystal i would so much to join you, must be sooo nice not to have to deal with this cold. I am just fed up, will just keep dreaming of those nice warm days coming. lol

Oh, I see.....the prob is with the filter on the oil tank, easy fix. Good for you.:)
I thought the actual furnace was crapping out. We went through our first winter on the farm like that. It was terrible, 2 technicians only made the problem worse until we found a furnace "guru".;)

Oh great. Yeah I saved a $100 of the furnace fix, but going to get a new filter element for an emergency spare, my brakes partially locked on. I think my brake booster is shot. $108 for a booster and probably close to that for labor to replace. I can't win for losing.

Latest posts

Back