How cold ARE you?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My day started off interestingly. Went from a warm bedroom to a 40 degree house. The fuel oil flow stopped sometime around 4 am. I had to play furnace repair man quick like and get it going or call someone. Thank God, I got the flow going again and it's warm in here now.

-15°F
Feels Like: -27°F
Wind Chill: -32° Ceiling: Unlimited
Heat Index: -15° Visibility: 10mi
Dew Point: -18° Wind: 8mph
Humidity: 84% Direction: 230° (SW)
Pressure: 30.56in Gusts: 0mph
Raw Report Data: KCAK 161234Z 23007KT 10SM SCT011 SCT250 M26/M28 A3055 RMK AO2SNE28 P0000

LOVED that temperature gauge, Montrealer!!!!

It's cold down here in Virginia...16.5 but we're doing fine. No snow, and that's what's important. Stay warm, all.

Ev

When I got off work at 7 AM this morning, was 7 degress in the Roanoke, VA area. I don't think it was much warmer in our office. I think tonight I might as well wear my long underwear (longjohns, or long-handles for us country folks). It is supposed to be about 0 when I finish up tomorrow morning at 7. I accuse the Coumadin of making me feel cooler than everyone else at work, or home for that matter. Enjoy, and stay warm.

3 degrees this morning but there's very little wind.:)
Ross, you be careful messing with your furnace. We don't want you going
KABOOM!:p

Ross, you be careful messing with your furnace. We don't want you going
KABOOM!:p

Yeah well I don't want to pay a $100 service call for something I can do myself. ;) Today is Lyn's birthday and layoff day at work. Were both clinching our teeth and hoping she comes home today with job to go to Monday.

We had a low of about 33 this morning. It's about 45 now and it's 5:28pm CT. Low of 29 tonight (that's very cold for us) with a high of 60 on Saturday.

I didn't go out at all today. Yes I'm a whimp.

Earline

I talked to our son in Iraq today, and he said it was 25 in Basrah.:eek:I got little sympathy when I told him how cold it was here.;)

this hurts me more than you...

this hurts me more than you...

Temps here today in Sunny Phoenix, Arizona metro area reached 72 degrees.

The tourists are in heaven now. Imagine being in a bikini at poolside in January.

Yet, I still worry about my Buffalo, New York family. My brother complains that the frost broke a window and my sister-in-law says that the streets are sheer ice. My brother-in-law is upset because he still cant ride his bike to work....and he is 76 years old.

Kind regards,

Blanche

It was about 15 today and going down to 8 tonight in NYC. The cold
doesn't bother me unless it is windy. Personally I would much rather
have 40 than 80. I guess I was made to live in a cooler climate,but I
agree that this winter is a little too much,and most of all its causing
a big drain on our power grid.

My neighbor in Maine emailed me that it was -23˚F outside, and it was 28˚F five feet off the floor inside. He was about to stoke up his wood stove (his only heat source), and was then going to head over to mine, and to my other neighbor's.

I told him to give up and turn on my heat, but he's tough and stubborn...

Wait - just got this, and have to include it, after telling him he should just use the heater:
not a problem, couple days it will back to normal one fire a week.. It was -50 north of here,,.. broke the all time record set in 1925 of -48. Got up to 3 above for a high same s*** tonight .. Never got my truck going until noon. Had to bring the generator in leave it next to the stove til that would start then put the exhaust on my oil pan with the charger under the hood hooked to the battery at the same time, hood down, all trapped to hold the heat in, 45 minutes it took off.. but the generator died, ice in the carb, so it's in here all apart drying out, getting ready for tomorrow morning .. Oh what fun.. wish i had my camera, (his dog) had an all white face, eyebrow's lids whiskers from the frost, she looked funny..
Now that's a tough character...

Best wishes,

Now I feel like a wimp. It will be 5 here tonight and maybe 17 on Saturday. Windchill will be -5 to -10 tonight. On the other side my Neice in Florida told me she had to go and cover her orange tree and her Palm trees because it was going down into the 40s tonight. And on the political side I think President Bush is having a HUGE party at Camp David this weekend. I live about 20 mile from Camp David and I sit in the flight path. About 4:30 this afternoon at least 8 military choppers and the Presidents 3 Big choppers flew over the house. Maybe they're gonna turn off all the heaters so Obama has alot of burst pipes to deal with.

Oh yeah and they're calling for some sort of bad weather here sometime in the begining of the week. Don't know when what or where. But around here it's just stupid. We had an unmeasurable amount of snow yesterday(I mean it covered my car and the grass at 5am. but 2 hours later the wind blew it all away.) They closed school due to inclement weather.

We Had A Pipe Burst This Morning....

We Had A Pipe Burst This Morning....

We are expecting -15 degrees tonight for a low, but hopefully getting warmer over the next couple of days. We are in the midst of cleanup and reconstruction in my brother's condo. We need a new living room ceiling, a whole new wall, and new flooring upstairs and down. Not Pretty....Hope everyone else is doing better than I am....:eek::mad::eek::eek::eek: Harrybaby:eek:

Pool parrrrty at my pad! :cool: You're all invited!
A beautiful 82 degrees here in L.A. today (or at least that's what my homepage said).

Sending warm thoughts of bikinis and iced tea your way...

Debi (debster913) ;)

Latest posts

Back