How cold ARE you?

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Winter Jokes

Canadian Temperature Conversion Chart

50 Fahrenheit (10 C)
New Yorkers try to turn on the heat.
Canadians plant gardens.

40 Fahrenheit (4.4 C)
Californians shiver uncontrollably
Canadians Sunbathe.

35 Fahrenheit (1.6 C)
Italian Cars won't start
Canadians drive with the windows down

32 Fahrenheit (0 C)
Distilled water freezes
Canadian water gets thicker.

0 Fahrenheit (-17.9 C)
New York City landlords finally turn on the heat.
Canadians have the last cookout of the season.

-40 Fahrenheit (-40 C)
Hollywood disintegrates.
Canadians rent some videos.

-60 Fahrenheit (-51 C)
Mt. St. Helen's freezes.
Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door-to-door.

-100 Fahrenheit (-73 C)
Santa Claus abandons the North Pole
Canadians pull down their earflaps.

-173 Fahrenheit (-114 C)
Ethyl alcohol freezes.
Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg.
-
-459.4 Fahrenheit (-273 C)
Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops.
Canadians start saying "cold, eh? "

-500 Fahrenheit (-295 C)
Hell freezes over.
The Leafs win the Cup

Well I don't want to rub this in, but I will.:D Lows 45 and highs all this week and next week 72. So I'm going to sit in Bina's chair outside on the south wall of my house and soak the sun in. :cool: You guys can come and join me!! Cooker you can high tail it over here. I'll save you some sun.:)
I feel for you guys.:eek: your to cold for me!!!

We reached our high of 56 F today. Our low was 34 F this morning. I wanted cold and snow while we were in Illinois in late Dec. It was a little cold but the snow all before we arriived. Now I have a darn cold :(.

Karl

-44 was our official low this morning here in Bismarck, ND.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeekkk....!:eek::eek::eek:

We're at 63 right now which is COLD for us......:eek: Yes, we are weenies down here....:D

Montrealer...are those icicles hanging from the "Hell" sign?!?! There's a "Hell" Grand Cayman, but somehow I don't think your picture is from there.

at 5.41 pm here in the "banana belt", it is showing as -12 C (-10F)

I was on a web page today, and it had one of those wee weather windows in it, and it said something like "-12 C, partially sunny, frigid " I thought, how right it is!

at 5.41 pm here in the "banana belt", it is showing as -12 C (-10F)

I was on a web page today, and it had one of those wee weather windows in it, and it said something like "-12 C, partially sunny, frigid " I thought, how right it is!

Actually, -12C is approximately +12F (give or take a degree or two). It's at -18C that it is 0F.

sub zero temperatures for over 24 hours. I think I heard we'll be sub zero for some 40 hours or so, though for Chicagoland, that isn't the record ... ~100 hours of sub zero temps is the record a number of years ago.

Either way ... way too cold.....

*sighs*

Cort | 35swm | "Mr Monte Carlo"."Mr Road Trip" | pig valve.pacemaker ...RT 66 drive = Sept '09
WRMNshowcase.legos.HO.models.MCs.RTs.CHD = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"Pucker up and close your eyes" ... Aaron Tippin ... 'Kiss This'

Well it was chilly all this week -17 or -20 windchills of -39

Suppose to be +2 but i don't have any belief in sask yet for that

for temp as we leave for my surgery. oh well nice to dream it:confused:

i'm truely tired of winter for now anyhow!!

zipper2 (DEB)

Now that "Hell" has appeared to have frozen over, do the Cubbies have a decent chance this year?

Here in Idaho, two weeks ago it was cold, about 5 °F mornings and 20 °F days, then a 'heat' wave of 45-50 °F days and 35-40 °F nights, slowly but surely turning our White Christmas snow to mush and slushy ice. Now it's temperature inversion ice fog, turning the remaining icy snow patches hard again--its usually caused when a stagnant high pressure region hovers nearby in California or Nevada. If the fog really settles in, the temperature may become invariant for days. Two winters ago the temperature remained a rock steady 24 °F for six days straight. The hoar-frost crystals were almost two inches long, even on the chicken wire of my chicken yards. It was beautiful, but the driving was a terror. This time the temperatures varied by about 10 ° today, leaving the final equilibrium temperature in limbo. Low was 25 ° and high was 34 ° today in Buhl. Our local tv station's weatherman started only 1 1/2 years ago and isn't originally from southern Idaho, so he hasn't seen this kind of fog just yet. He's predicting lows in the 20s and highs in the 40s tomorrow. We'll see.... ;)

Chris

I went outside to shovel and take out the trash and I think it darn near gave me frostbite cause I wasn't wearing gloves. Wow... I really wasn't expecting it so fast.

Latest posts

Back