Home from the Hospital Surgery 11-15

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pspingmom

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi! I arrived safely home from the hospital after a seven day stay. No complications, they just wanted to make sure my INR levels were good enough before I left. I sure didnt sleep much the last 4 days, I was right by the nurses station and had a loud snorer in the bed next to me. So Im tired. Gonna go take something soon and go night night.:thumbup:
Thanks for all of the good thoughts and prayers.:angel:
I'm glad im finally over the hump and on the recovery side of all of this.
I havent had much pain, just a little at the chest tube sight.
and of course coughing sneezing..etc.:eek2:
They did do the minimally invasive surgery instead of the full thoractomy, so Im glad for that, but the surgeon had to do alot of extra pulling and tugging to get in there that way, so he said im probably oin more pain than if In would have done the full surgery. But my recovery should be a lil shorter. Glad of that.

~Debra

fireworksburst.gif
CONGRATULATIONS
fireworksburst.gif

REST UP THEN WALK AND RELAX THEN WALK SOME MORE
YOU ARE HAVING A BLUE RIBBON RECOVERY KEEP IT UP
blueawardribbon.gif
cool.gif
blueawardribbon.gif

click on "settings" IN THE UPPER RIGHT BY "PROFILE"
UNDER SETTINGS ON THE LEFT COLUMN CLICK ON "PERMISSION GROUPS"
IN THE LOWER RIGHT UNDER "You may choose to be identified as a member of the following groups"
CLICK ON PREMIUM LEVEL USER
THEN BACK TO RIGHT SIDE OF THIS PAGE AND "EDIT AVATAR"

Hi Debra,
Glad you're home and it's over with. I had an AVR with a mini thoracotomy, though horizontal incision about 3 inches, not vertical. Not sure why vertical is used? I had hardly any pain after surgery. Hope you are better soon and get some good rest!

Hi Debra, glad to hear you're home and recovering. Like they say, sleep, eat, walk, do your breathing exercises, and repeat.

Great news! Take it easy - you dont want to hit one of those after surgery bumps.

Wishing you a good, speedy recovery.
Happy to hear that you are safe at home.

Latest posts

Back