Here I am...

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rnff2

Hi all, just a quick note b/c I'm still in the hospital...

Had surgery last Friday, the 20th. Surgery went from quick and simple to all day and complex. Spent till Tues in the ICU....it was way more then we and my surgeon expected...I will get into things later. Today, I am doing ok. They are having a difficult time getting my heart rate below 100...no a-fib, but I am SOB and clammy after the littlest exertion. I will attempt to update in details later...just thought you'd all like to know I'm still here and trying to get betteer to go home. My 4yr old and husband are the best...so I'm going to get back to getting myself better and home for them and will fill you all in later....

Thanks for everything,
Kerri

p.s. has anyone heard from Luana???

Kerri,

Sorry to hear that things got rough. Sounds like all you need to do now is focus on recovery. Let your family pamper you.:)

At least your talking to us and that's better then some people have it. Sorry your facing speed bumps, but this too shall pass.

Welcome to the other side of the mountain. It sounds like it has been a bumpy ride. I, too have a number of hurdles post-surgery of which one was heart rate issues. Once the metropolol was tripled in dose, my heart rate finally did come down. I hope they get that under control for you. Hang in there. It does get better.

Well a good sign you can get online and great that you are out of the ICU. Best wishes for a speedy and easier recovery..

Welcome Kerri! Im so glad you made it to this side. Sorry about the hickups, but hopefully now youll have a great recovery.

Sorry you seem to be having a few 'bumps' but happy to hear from you.
Sending you 'get well fast' wishes and hope you are soon home with your lovely family.

Keep us posted as you are able.

It's so nice to read your update, Kerri. Hoping everything will quickly smooth on out :) .

Haven't seen anything from Luana yet but maybe she's just not home yet and will post then.

Welcome to this side Kerri! I also spent 5 days in ICU after a number of small complications My dr's suggested that these hickups and 5 days in ICU were normal. Wishing you all the best from now on forward!

I had some similar issues when I was first moved from ICU upstairs. What seemed to solve my issue was a change in painkiller from the drip to pill form. Once I moved to Percocet I could rest, no more laying there sweating and my heart rate came down under 100. Up until that point it was virtually impossible to sleep or get my mind to stop racing.

Kerri,
Big hugs! Thought of you often since last Friday and hoped you were having an easier time of it than I was. Glad we are both through this.
Luana

Back