Hello my New Found Friends...I'm Home!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alistair

I'm so very happy to be writing this morning. I came home late yesterday evening. Before surgery, the Surgeon told me (considering all the testing) if I did nothing, I would probably live two more years. After surgery however; he said it was nothing short of a miracle that I was even able to walk into the Hospital !!! My aorta was so severely calcified and the heart extremely enlarged; he was absolutely astonished. And yet my symptoms were so mild (considering). Ah, but now life expectancy has returned to near normal and I am so thankful and grateful to be alive today.

Now I have at least two months off from work to hang-out around here, to learn more from all of you, to get stronger every day and hopefully not become too much a pest.

Welcome to your new life!

You only have a total of 6 posts. How can you be a pest?
blink.gif

So glad you are home with such good results- best wishes for a speedy and uneventful recovery.

isn't a miracle wonderful. Congratulations to you and may you live long.

stick around a become a pest if you want to. You'd be in good company - there are lots of us that claim that fame. But you have to have a bunch more posts to make that name for yourself. blessins........

Alistair I know just how you feel (my surgery 8/6)! Congratulations. Carpe diem! Barbara

GREAT SAVE !

Aren't you glad that you got 'checked out'?

Cases such as yours are why I am an advocate of the
"Sooner is Better Philosophy" for Valve Replacement,
at least the first and second time around.

'AL Capshaw'

good to see you on this side of the mountain, where life is sweet - and hopefully long ! Take care of yourself, do what you can but no more than that for now, and best wishes for a smooth and boring recovery.

Well done Alistair. :) Keep positive.
Try to gently up your exercise regime each day. Be aware the next couple of months may be two steps forward one back. ;) :)

Welcome home Alistair! I am so happy to know that your surgery is finally behind you & you are on your way to living & enjoying your life to the fullest!

Best wishes to you on a wonderful & uneventful recovery! :)

Latest posts

Back