Hello all - New Member scared and confused please help

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello All,

Sorry I havent been posting i was busy with all pre-op test. I had my Cardiac Cath done on Tuesday and they said no blockages and everything looks good except for the obvious!

I also wanted to thank everyone for their thoughts on the different type of valves and options, i took your advise and had another sit down w my heart surgeon on Thursday. We discussed the different options but after all the variables we have decided on the bentall procedure using a mec valve and the dacron tube( i think its a tube!)

Anyways didnt sleep much last night but got a little and i am hoping that I get a little tonight. I am going out to watch the football game today with my brother in law to get out of the house and then just hang out a little tonight maybe go for some dinner with the wife. In the morning my wife and her friend are driving me to Toronto to St mikes for 9pm checki-in and a the surgery will take place at noon and will be aprox 6 hours in duration.

I wanted to thank you all for all of your prayers and positive thoughts and messages, as I stated before that your responses were positively overwhelming and tremendously helpful in preparing for this battle. I am a little excited, a little anxious, a little scared but mostly prepared for the next journey of my life.

Anyone else who is reading this for their first time or who is new to this board I encourage you to write down your thoughts and your issues openly and honestly so you can find the peace from this forum that you need in your soul to get prepared for open heart surgery. They have all been through some aspect of this and have helped me sometimes in little ways and sometimes in huge ways in just a few post/comments. Sometimes its comforting just to know that your not alone.

Thanks everyone and i'll let you know how it went in a couple of days.

Todd

Hi clydesdale. I have an On-X valve as part of my second OHS and am 4 months post-op and doing great. Some small issues with getting my INR stable, but otherwise in good health and getting back rapidly into full activity. Good luck and hope things go well for you! Keep us updated on all the post-op goings on!

@Greg a: chill out a little. It is a good link and I found it interesting as a multiple OHS patient and mech valve recipient. International CAPS LOCK Day was almost a month ago. I like reading any useful information related to my heart health and consider it part of "support on my journey". Found this thread link via the search function so there was no intentional hijacking on my part. After reading the whole thread looks more like thread drift than anything else, which can happen when you have a bunch of people engaging in a conversation.

--Dan

Hi Todd. Just to let you know that besides your family and friends, you are never alone on this board. We have been there and we know so intimately the roller coaster of emotions you describe. I sense that you have now done your homework, both logistically and mentally, and that you have entered the final "at peace" stage of this momentous journey. Many members have mentioned this at peace feeling and I have certainly experienced it. Wishing you all the best and we shall hear from you once over the mountain...

IT HAS BEEN SEVEN DAYS SINCE THIS THREAD WAS HIJACKED TO BE TURNED INTO ANOTHER :mad2:HEARTDOC FORUM AND SIX DAYS SINCE THE OP Clydesdale HAS BEEN HEARD FROM IF WE COULD MAYBE GET BACK TO THE PURPOSE OF THIS FORUM AND SUPPORT MEMBERS :thumbup:THROUGH THE JOURNEY

THANK YOU
GREG

I thought it was a REAL shame, members hijacked THIS thread, to complain about Heartdoc. That could have been handled in a new thread, if they had problems or questions for Heart doc, instead of using Clydesdales.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back