Heather24: surgery delayed a week

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
H

Heather24

Just found out that my surgery that is scheduled for tomorrow has been rescheduled for next Thursday, Nov 19th. (Surgery at Cleveland Clinic). Still trying to comprehend. My parents flew in from Wisconsin and are now trying to figure getting them back to WI and then back next week. Luckily my husband and I can drive home. We're all frustrated, but there is nothing we can do except deal with it. It's been a very stressful two days here with some other things that have happened. We were all just so ready for this to be over with.

I know that I was pretty upset when Dr. Duke Cameron postponed my OHS for one day back last December, so I would have really been upset if it got pushed back further.

When I returned to my job, they asked me why I did not have my surgery on the day when my paperwork said I was going to have it. Yow! And my date was only pushed back by one day, due to some emergency surgeries my surgeon had to do!:eek:

Keep your chin up!:)

I'm sorry to hear this, it has happened to us with most of Justin's surgeries a couple times. I understand emergencies happen, especially in the bigger centers (and to be honest, Justin was the ER surgery that bumped other kids 2 times) but it is such a hassle and people don't realize all that goes into having a family member having surgery, getting off work, traveling, getting pet sitters and what it does to change plans at the last min. I hope you do have surgery next week and everything goes well

As a true Southern Gal please let me say, "Bless your heart........" My husband had surgery at Cleveland Clinic and we traveled from East Tennessee which is at least an eight hour drive. I cannot imagine all you are going through. During times like this we just have to remember that things happen for a reason.

Please take care of yourself in the interim period.

my surgery was delayed from 6th oct to 22nd oct so i know how you feel ,its hard but hang in there it will all be over before you know it.

Sorry about the delay in surgery, I would be frustrated too. Did they give you a reason? Sounds like a few other things happened as well. Keep busy that helped me pre op , I only wigged out a few times...haha. It is hard I will keep you in my prayers.
TC

Flowergal

How frustrating this must be for you. I had surgery at CC and they did warn me that they generally work with a 3 day window of time to allow for emergencies. I was told surgery could be anywhere from July 6th to the 8th but most likely on the 7th. I did go on schedule but I'm sure it's common to get bumped. With all that goes into gearing up I can only imagine how tough that would be. Hang in there and I will keep you in my prayers.

Heather,
It's frustrating to have surgery postponed. I know it happened to me at J Hopkins. Hey, they gave me one date and the surgeon's office gave me another... plus my whole family came from PA to MD...but I'm glad I "went with the flow" and it all turned out for the best. Yours will too. Best wishes and God bless.

Back