heart cath was done today

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Angel

yay, my heart cath was done today and I am at home - until my surgery on Friday!!!!!!! Thanks for all of your encouragement here about the heart cath thing, because I was scared. Everything went so well, other than having to wait longer because they had a couple of emergencies, but that was all ok. I got there at 9 they took me at 1:15 and I got home somewhere around 7:30 or 8pm. I slept soooo much, it was nice. I slept all the way through the cath don't remember any of it at all - loved it!!! The food wasn't bad and I even got to eat lunch and dinner! lol. The nurses were all so nice. Now I'm getting ready to go to bed, because I'm still very sleepy! On to lala land! Goodnight friends! ; )

Thanks all of you. The results of the cath are 50% blockage on the LAD. My surgeon was not there, so at this point I'm still not sure if they will bypass this or do nothing. I believe from what they told me before, if the cath showed 50 or less, they would do nothing, but if it was over 50 they would bypass, so I probably will not be having bypass, but I'll post if I find out that I will be having it.

I'm glad things went so well and you had a good experience with then nurses and liked the food afterward. Looking forward to another good update after tomorrows surgery. What time do you have to be there?

Angel,

Good on you for a successful and easy cath scan.
if you slept through the scan, am willing to wager you are likely to sleep through surgery as well :D/groan
wishing you a great surgery experience
Gil

Latest posts

Back