Echo NOT good news --- 4th OHS Imminent

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Houston just replied!!!

I will be scheduled for a consultation with Dr. Duncan (the surgeon), and subsequent surgery, in January sometime. His secretary will be in touch with me to set up times, instructions, etc.

At first they wanted me to go up as an outpatient, just for the consultation but I flat told them, that I did not want to wait any longer and wanted to get er done! The way I see it, my heart is not going to heal itself. And since I still feel strong enough and seem to have gathered extra cajones, I just want to get it over with! :)

I'll let you know the dates when I have everything!

xox

The sooner rather than later GET ER DONE idea works

Prayers

Norma - you are my hero. I've read many of your posts and you are always such a positive person. I think of people like you and others on this forum who have been through so much and continue to stay strong and positive and are here to help those of us here looking for support. I have no doubt you will be back post surgery continuing to help the rest of us here.

After 12 years of waiting, my first OHS and AVR is scheduled for Feb 2nd. This should be a walk in the park compared to what you have survived and that is just what you are and will remain - a survivor! I send you all the good wishes I can muster along with my prayers. I don't think I'd worry about hiding my tears - you deserve those and maybe you and your hubby just need to share a few together. Then brush yourselves off, put on your best positive attitudse and as you said - get 'er done!

Thank you my dear Rhena! You are in my prayers too for a successful and uneventful surgery in February. You will be just fine. Keep the faith....God will see you through this of that I have no doubt!!!

When we get to Houston, I will start another thread.

During the anticipated surgery, another dear VR member, Kimmie (Kfay), bless her heart, will be posting the updates as she gets the information from my husband. My step-son and daughter, will be there during my surgery to keep their dad company, thank God!

Stay tuned.....

Norma,

Sorry to hear you have to go through surgery again. You are in my prayers for a successful surgery and quick recovery.

Norma, Just tuning in, but I am so sorry to hear of this latest news. It does sound like you are in good hands, but regret that you have to go through this yet again. We will be praying for you. Many hugs. Janet and Katie

Thank you my dear Rhena! You are in my prayers too for a successful and uneventful surgery in February. You will be just fine. Keep the faith....God will see you through this of that I have no doubt!!!

Thank you Norma - I'll take them and send my prayers to you too. I meant it when I said you inspire us 'newbies'. All of you who've been there and done that and offer up your owner experiences do.

Norma ~ so glad you hooked up with Mindy and I'm happy to hear Kimmie will give us updates on you as you progress toward recovery and using that passport picture in your avatar...!!

I knew you would be able to recognize it was my passport picture, Janie!!! And yes, Mindy and I share so much in common it's almost surreal!!!

Hugs!

We all know that our Norma is going to do just fine and will be back here before we know it. I've already warned her that I feel sorry for her poor husband because I'm probably going to drive him crazy wanting updates on her! I promise I'll pass along any info as soon as I know it!

Kimmie

Thanks, Kim. We'll probably drive YOU crazy as we wait.

Norma, you got put on my nightly prayer list as soon as you shared the news of another replacement. You'll stay on it until you're home and kicking butt. You've got the support and prayers of hundreds of members, and I know all will go well.

Latest posts

Back