Echo NOT good news --- 4th OHS Imminent

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah; what was it Nancy always said, something like, "Never give in and never give up!"

You betcha GF! Give me a few months after, and I'll strap on my arrows, grab my bow & kick butt!!!! :)

Atta girl Norma! I believe this to be true! Yes, PLEASE STAY AWAY from the sad threads. You need to stay positive!

Concerning the MRI's. I can not tolerate them either. I have EXTREME claustrophobia! I go with the open. If you absolutely must go with "the tube" I believe there is medication they can give you to calm you down.

Many hugs
PLEASE try not to worry too much, we are all here for you Norma

I agree with the other girlies -- stop reading depressing stuff and focus on the positive like a celebratory cruise at 6 months into your new life..:thumbup: Nice warm sunshine on a powder white beach with the azure seas lapping at our fluffy girlie drinks..:angel:

Hey, we may just even load the ship with y'all..:biggrin2: The guys can hang out at the bar and we'll hang out on the beach feasting our eyes on those speedos...:eek2::biggrin2:

I agree with the other girlies -- stop reading depressing stuff and focus on the positive like a celebratory cruise at 6 months into your new life..:thumbup: Nice warm sunshine on a powder white beach with the azure seas lapping at our fluffy girlie drinks..:angel:

Hey, we may just even load the ship with y'all..:biggrin2: The guys can hang out at the bar and we'll hang out on the beach feasting our eyes on those speedos...:eek2::biggrin2:

....or one of them Dancing Hunks at the Retirement Home, Mizz Janie!!! Whoo, hoo!!! :)

takes one of the members facing sudden bad news to bring all the troops in - so here I am with the rest of you all, ready to do some serious praying for one of the most beautiful members of VR. You are at the top of my list and between Him and the rest of VR prayers you will do well. I am so sorry that this has happened so soon after the last time. hugs to you. blessins....

Norma another troop like ann says is here
My prayers begin and willnot end either for you.

You will get through this lifes hurdle yet again and i have faith God will
yet use you to strenghten us up even more than you already have.
You got me through my second and you will be here for my third if that
happens to me again ,and right now you are in our prayers,my prayers.
Stay strong we are with you all the way you are not alone big hug from
from this side of Canada i wish i could take this hurdle away and make it better
but your drs and your faith well ...Stay positive despite our human ways of thinking
and stay away from posts to deter you .....God Bless norma were beside you

I, like you, have been following Watson524 thread about her mom and now I read the wonderful news that she will not need surgery anytime soon. Apparently the Echo done at CCF showed better stats and gave them a truer picture of what was really going on with her mom's heart. And the doctors are playing it conservatively just like my old surgeon in Houston has done all these years.

So that is why I am glad I'm traveling to Houston and having all my tests done over there and see how they will compare to those done here.

I remember just last year, when I went for an Echo and an evaluation with Dr. Cooley, he told me then, "if another cardiologist or surgeon were looking at these numbers, they would most likely recommend surgery right now," but he continued, "I have to look at the whole picture and after seeing you, talking to you and how you really feel, surgery can be put off for now."

It's funny how when I went to my new cardio here and they ran the tests, right away they said, "you need to have that surgery!"

So I'm still hopeful but on the other hand, I'm not getting any younger, I have to take lots of medications to keep CHF at bay and the longer I wait the worse it's going to get.

But one never stop hoping......

Sounds like your Dr. Cooley is a lot like the folks we dealt with at CCF. You're right to not stop hoping, look how close we were before they put the brakes on. One question I asked was about my mom not getting younger (she'll be 73 in February - though 3 people questioned that and thought she was younger LOL!) and he basically said, look, you're not going to wait 10 years to be seen again, so 6 months in the aging process really won't do any harm.

Yes, "big tubey thingy" is fluent manspeak. :p:p:p

I hope it is OK for me to say this in THIS particular thread ... but this had me bursting out laughing.

*grins devilishly*

On a more serious note ... Norma ... VERY sorry you have to endure this, but you have the fight in you! Thoughts/prayers coming your way.....

Cort | 37.m.IL.pigValve.pacemaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic |
** RadioShow.CDshowcase.HOLIDAY | Friday | 12.24.2010 | noon-4p.CENTRAL = www.WRMN1410.com **
"It's the right time to rock the night away" ... Bobby Helms ... 'Jingle Bell Rock'

Dear Norma Jean, I haven't been around much and missed a lot of this. I am sending more hugs, and my love, Your valve brother, Brian

Hi all....it's me again

I just wanted to ask the forum if by chance anyone ever got to know Ticktock well?

The reason I ask is because she has undergone 4 OHS and has two prosthetic valves, aortic & mitral. And the last surgery, she had was at St. Luke's in Houston, TX and she had a thoracotomy, where they access the heart by removing one of the ribs in order to avoid going in the conventional way, the sternum. This procedure was mentioned to me at one time and that's the reason it's so important for me to try to contact this member to see which surgeon in Houston did hers.

If you have any info, please PM me if you would. I would deeply appreciate that!

Hugs,

Hi all....it's me again

I just wanted to ask the forum if by chance anyone ever got to know Ticktock well?

The reason I ask is because she has undergone 4 OHS and has two prosthetic valves, aortic & mitral. And the last surgery, she had was at St. Luke's in Houston, TX and she had a thoracotomy, where they access the heart by removing one of the ribs in order to avoid going in the conventional way, the sternum. This procedure was mentioned to me at one time and that's the reason it's so important for me to try to contact this member to see which surgeon in Houston did hers.

If you have any info, please PM me if you would. I would deeply appreciate that!

Hugs,

I've gotten a reply back from Ticktock, folks, and I can't tell you how happy I am to have just opened up my email and seen her reply!

Thank God!

Last edited:
Hi Norma.. I have just found this post and must say my heart goes out to you. You are such an amazing woman and have helped so many people here sending your love, advice and wisdom in so many posts. I can only speak for myself but am confident others feel the same as I do, that I was truly blessed each time you sent me a comforting post or msg. You have that inner strength to carry you through this and now is a time to dig deep and prepare for the journey ahead. I know you will have your moments when you lose sight of the goal ahead but do not fear for there is a plan in place, one that you may not know but the big guy upstairs will guide you through it. Have faith Norma, put it in his hands and trust that you will always have us here to cheer ya on, pick you up, and walk beside you through what is to come.. love, prayers and hugs have been sent your way... :)

Hi Norma.. I have just found this post and must say my heart goes out to you. You are such an amazing woman and have helped so many people here sending your love, advice and wisdom in so many posts. I can only speak for myself but am confident others feel the same as I do, that I was truly blessed each time you sent me a comforting post or msg. You have that inner strength to carry you through this and now is a time to dig deep and prepare for the journey ahead. I know you will have your moments when you lose sight of the goal ahead but do not fear for there is a plan in place, one that you may not know but the big guy upstairs will guide you through it. Have faith Norma, put it in his hands and trust that you will always have us here to cheer ya on, pick you up, and walk beside you through what is to come.. love, prayers and hugs have been sent your way... :)

Thank you, Penny! So good to hear from you!
Hugs! :)

Norma - you are my hero. I've read many of your posts and you are always such a positive person. I think of people like you and others on this forum who have been through so much and continue to stay strong and positive and are here to help those of us here looking for support. I have no doubt you will be back post surgery continuing to help the rest of us here.

After 12 years of waiting, my first OHS and AVR is scheduled for Feb 2nd. This should be a walk in the park compared to what you have survived and that is just what you are and will remain - a survivor! I send you all the good wishes I can muster along with my prayers. I don't think I'd worry about hiding my tears - you deserve those and maybe you and your hubby just need to share a few together. Then brush yourselves off, put on your best positive attitudse and as you said - get 'er done!

Latest posts

Back