Defection

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am concerned it is a little slow around here recently due to a certain site that appears to be recruiting members from VR.ORG.
I hope fellow VR members are not leaving us permanently. :confused2:

You are wrong to think that the other site is recruiting members from here!

The first I heard of the other site was from Hank's email. I was also wondering what had happen to Ross.

I did get a little upset here when my pictures were deleted 2 days before payment was due. And that happen just after I join the other site? It was corrected a few days later.

I agree with SuperBob, and many others ... the net provides a source of information gathering that is irreplaceable to those looking for help ...

I joined the site, did not like it, was ignored, made to feel unwelcome ... I asked Ross to remove me as a member, chapter closed ... to my knowledge no-one was recruiting anyone ... I heard about it from Duffey ...

All things change ... change is required for growth and growth is required for survival ... live and let live ... peace out:cool:

You are wrong to think that the other site is recruiting members from here!

The first I heard of the other site was from Hank's email. I was also wondering what had happen to Ross.

I did get a little upset here when my pictures were deleted 2 days before payment was due. And that happen just after I join the other site? It was corrected a few days later.

Members here got PMs inviting them to join, so there WAS recruiting.

...And something else...... I totally agree that Hank seems to be the kind of person who takes the high road. And, for all that has changed here, for some reason, for me ....... I feel like the neighborhood got safer. I feel like I can walk the streets and not run into something utterly distasteful or emotionally frightening or offensive. Really...
Interesting -- I feel similarly.

This is the one single largest display of childishness I have ever seen. So what if people got emails. Big deal. The next thing you know they're going to force Hank to close down this site, just you wait and see.

I just really don't get the animosity that's been creeping into this thread.

If you want to use vr.org as your sole valve forum, great!

If you want to use heartvalvepatients.org as your sole forum, great!

If you want to use both, great!

If you want to use neither, your loss, but fine.

If you want to spend 99 percent of your time on one forum or the other, and just visit the other once in a while, great!

The point is, it's all a matter of individual choice, and that's a good thing. There are some differences of philosophy between the two -- vr.com prefers to avoid political discussions and hvp has a thread for such comments. Doesn't that solve a problem instead of creating one? Participate in the site of your choice. We don't have to argue over whether there should be a debate over politics.

If either or both sites has sent out friendly e-mails letting people know they'd be welcome there, I say great -- what's wrong with that? I haven't received anything I would consider "recruiting." But if there was some of that, do we have NCAA regulations forbidding it?

What the heck is the problem?

Live and let live.

Make your choice or choices.Why throw rotten tomatoes at people who make choices different from you?

This thread was started, more out of an observation that a significant number of the more active members of VR no longer participated and had joined another site.
It was not started to question peoples choices of why they have chosen to be no longer active at VR.

This thread was started, more out of an observation that a significant number of the more active members of VR no longer participated and had joined another site.
It was not started to question peoples choices of why they have chosen to be no longer active at VR.

When I saw you start this thread, I felt very apprenhensive about it! I knew that eventually it would get blown out of proportion, dirt would fly, wounds would be reopened and all for what.....?????

Perhaps there is a lesson to be learned here......that perhaps some subjects are best left alone & not discussed, like religion, politics and the other site!!! (maybe just a little sex, but not too much!!! :)

The problem is certainly not Emu's thread subject. I personally do not believe he intended to turn this discussion into such PETTY NONSENSE. I am sorry, but that's what it sounds like to me. Petty children. I'm with Superbob. Please folks, if people want to belong to BOTH forums, just what really is the problem?? If anyone's feeling are hurt, why?? Joining another forum doesn't IMPLY DISLOYALITY,certainly not for me. I have friends on BOTH.

Please, lets stop this pettiness, we are better than that.

I certainly never meant to imply that Emu had anything but good and innocent intentions when he started the thread. And if I came across that way to Emu, I certainly apologize for that!

It's just that there has been quite a stir around here lately, and not in a good way!

I do agree with you Kathy, that we are above all this & must go on now and do what this forum is here for....helping those that are about to face what we have already faced and give them the hope & support that they so desperately seek!

Last edited:
I just really don't get the animosity that's been creeping into this thread.

If you want to use vr.org as your sole valve forum, great!

If you want to use heartvalvepatients.org as your sole forum, great!

If you want to use both, great!

If you want to use neither, your loss, but fine.

If you want to spend 99 percent of your time on one forum or the other, and just visit the other once in a while, great!

The point is, it's all a matter of individual choice, and that's a good thing. There are some differences of philosophy between the two -- vr.com prefers to avoid political discussions and hvp has a thread for such comments. Doesn't that solve a problem instead of creating one? Participate in the site of your choice. We don't have to argue over whether there should be a debate over politics.

If either or both sites has sent out friendly e-mails letting people know they'd be welcome there, I say great -- what's wrong with that? I haven't received anything I would consider "recruiting." But if there was some of that, do we have NCAA regulations forbidding it?

What the heck is the problem?

Live and let live.

Make your choice or choices.Why throw rotten tomatoes at people who make choices different from you?

Superbob, you are super right.

Hi Norma,
I was not signaling you out in my post. It was aimed at the whole thread in general. My apologies, if you thought otherwise.

As a writer, I'm continually attempting to use precisely the right word in just the right context. I think I may have an answer to why this thread deteriorated like it did. No offense to Emu, but I think he picked the wrong word for the thread's title.

Some of the synonyms the thesaurus gives for the word defection are: desertion, treason, betrayal, disloyalty!

I don't believe that's what Emu meant to imply, but I've visited the other site. When I first found this thread, my initial, gut-level response was, "Treason?! Betrayal?!" I can see how some people could feel offended. "Departure" might have been a less emotional title.

Can we all agree that somebody who's visited the other site is not guilty of desertion, treason, betrayal, or disloyalty?

And then maybe Hank could make a closing remark and lock the thread?

Marcia

As a writer, I'm continually attempting to use precisely the right word in just the right context. I think I may have an answer to why this thread deteriorated like it did. No offense to Emu, but I think he picked the wrong word for the thread's title.

Some of the synonyms the thesaurus gives for the word defection are: desertion, treason, betrayal, disloyalty!

I don't believe that's what Emu meant to imply, but I've visited the other site. When I first found this thread, my initial, gut-level response was, "Treason?! Betrayal?!" I can see how some people could feel offended. "Departure" might have been a less emotional title.

Can we all agree that somebody who's visited the other site is not guilty of desertion, treason, betrayal, or disloyalty?

And then maybe Hank could make a closing remark and lock the thread?

Marcia

Excellent post Marcia & I agree wholeheartedly!

I have to go along with that Marcia. You know, you have to be careful with your words, on this site, or any other. Not being able to see the person's face, their eyes, or of course the tone of their voice, sometimes makes it easy to take someone the wrong way. I did look at his little "smiley face" and it wasn't smiling, he was so sad. That's why I knew emu didn't mean anything malicious, or sarcastic.

Back