Cort (knightfan2691) avr tomorrow, Nov. 8

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Update: Cort's surgery has been postponed until Friday at 8:15am due to a heart transplant that's been scheduled at Northwestern.

Yesterday, there was the possibility that his surgery might need to be rescheduled due to a heart transplant today, but, it did not come through. To the best of my knowledge, he's in surgery now.

Yesterday, there was the possibility that his surgery might need to be rescheduled due to a heart transplant today, but, it did not come through. To the best of my knowledge, he's in surgery now.

I don't think so -- was just communicating with Cort on Facebook about the superiority of Baby Ruth candy bars compared to other confections. :D:D I'm gathering that the new surgery date still is the one, but if anyone has different info, please let us know. Continuing to send all best thoughts and prayers for Cort.

He's not in surgery; as Superbob said, for the time being Cort's catching up on Facebook comments while he waits for Friday's replacement.
Here's what he has to say:

TUESDAY TWIST = (Seems appropriate to use my "daily theme"....)
I appreciate the support, well wishes, thoughts/prayers, no doubt...THANK YOU! As you may've seen in my sister's updates yesterday, the catheterization went fine; I'm just in a heck of a lot of pain. The surgery has been postponed until Friday due to an emergency heart transplant. I was disappointed, but I'm OK with it. It gives me a chance to recover/relax from the cath & accomplish a few things. I PLAN to visit the groups/message boards & "catch up" on Emails & Facebook messages/posts; however, I cannot promise I'll get to everything

Last edited:
OK Cort, bummer that they had to postpone, but I'm sure the patient with emergency heart transplant loves you for giving up your slot. I will continue to pray that come Friday, you have a very sucessful surgery and your recovery goes smooth as silk. Still sending positive vibes from presently sunny California. :)

THANK YOU!!!!!!!

And how old were you for your first surgery? (sorry, can’t help the curiosity… I have a friend who’s son was born without a pulmonary valve and would like to know some details).

I was 4....

was just communicating with Cort on Facebook about the superiority of Baby Ruth candy bars compared to other confections.

And that has NOTHING to do with the fact that the name of said candy bar is referencing a certain BASEBALL player....LOL ;)

Cort | 38.m.IL | pigValve + paceMaker | 5 Monte Carlos + 1 Caprice Classic
CHD.MCs.CC + RoadTrips.models.RadioShows.legos.HO.us66 = http://www.chevyasylum.com/cort
"You take the good, you take the bad" __ Gloria Loring __ 'The Facts Of Life'

Such a friendly crowd! I did say, "to the best of my knowledge," not, "it's carved in stone." My info was based on someone planning to be at the hospital today to visit with his family.

GOODNESS! for a minute there, I thought we misplaced Cort. Cort, I pray your pain will ease; you are in the right place to get some of those happy pills and it should help some. thinking of you while you wait. Blessins.........

I know the rescheduling was a pain, but you've got a great new surgery date, Cort:

11-11-11!!!

A very special day for me, and it will be for you, too. Prayers are with you, my friend, as you get this done and begin your recovery! :thumbup:

It's on, Ann. I received a Facebook message from Cort as he was departing for the hospital. Should be in surgery right now (unless there was some last-minute glitch at the hospital). Praying hard for this very special friend of us all!

Today is the day. Godspeed my dear friend.

Once you are feeling up to it.:D Name the place, we will be there to celebrate your recovery! If you need anything in the meantime, just ask. I will be downtown on Tuesday:smile2:

Looking forward to your updates. Take good care.

Update from Cort's sister about 50 minutes ago said he was on the heart/lung machine and everything was good. They got started later than scheduled due to some difficulty with getting the arterial line going.
We all know there's a long way to go, but it's positive for now.

Posted at 2:10 pm:

4th update: he wasn't completely on the heart/lung bypass until 12:15 - scar tissue slows down this process. The aortic valve is in place and they are grafting the aortic artery right now. I think the fact that they are grafting is indicative of them needing to connect the artery into the aortic arch, which prolongs the surgery. Things are going well. He will be in surgery for at least two more hours and that is probably when we will get the next update

Update from Cort's sister about 50 minutes ago said he was on the heart/lung machine and everything was good. They got started later than scheduled due to some difficulty with getting the arterial line going.
We all know there's a long way to go, but it's positive for now.

Thanks for posting Mary,

Sending prayers for a successful outcome for Cort

cheers

Jan

Latest posts

Back