Colin is in ICU

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks everyone. The vent is out!!! Colin was smiling and trying to laugh when we went in last. He wanted beer instead of ice chips. They were just starting a fentanyl pump for him to use. It made us feel so great to see him like that. He says his aorta does not feel any different. :)

I'm glad things are going well and Colin is off the vent and has his sense of humor.
can you believe just HOW LONG surgery day is?

Barb,
About an hour ago when I looked at the clock I added on 3 hours for your time zone and thought, well, if Colin doesn't already have the breathing tube out, it should be out soon. Looks like he's well on his way to recovery.

Hope you get a good night's sleep and a nice dinner tonight!

Glad to hear he's moved through the initial post-surgery stages. I had the fentanyl pump the first time I had the surgery, and it was a good thing. The second time, I had to beg and they gave it to me with some kind of weird, crooked needle that hurt every time.

Best wishes,

Woooooonderful news!!!!! So glad to hear he's made it through ok and the vent tube is out!!!!! You have both been in my thoughts and prayers today. May he get the rest he needs and be on his way to a remarkable recovery!!! You take care and keep us posted! We're all here, waiting, cheering and holding you up in our thoughts and prayers!!

Great news Barb!! I am so happy everything went smooth with the surgery. "wanted a beer instead of ice chips", Hmmm, smart young man!!.. take care, daren

Another milestone reached for Colin! So glad that vent is out. I see his sense of humour kicking in. That will serve him well.
Thinking of you both. Hope you can get some rest.

Barb, how wonderful for both of you to have it over. It must be so difficult for you to watch what he has been through. Mommies never give up and you are such an amazing mom! He is so blessed to have you! Keep us updated!

Went to Caring Bridge and looks like things are progressing really well for Colin. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good work, FAMILY! GREAT WORK, Doctors!!!!

Keep up the good work. Blast your way through any little hiccups and keep that faith!!

Hugs, Marguerite

My blood pressure was low for my whole stay in the hospital. Could be because of blood loss. Nobody was that concerned about it.

Went to Caring Bridge and looks like things are progressing really well for Colin. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good work, FAMILY! GREAT WORK, Doctors!!!!

Keep up the good work. Blast your way through any little hiccups and keep that faith!!

Hugs, Marguerite
can you post the link to his page?

Greetings, all. Things continue to go well on day 2. I think yesterday was about 60 hours long though. His pressure is a bit low, but they will get him up and about and maybe it will go up. Could it be the fentanyl?
Could be. How low is low? After my aorta repair they wanted my BP to be low, below 120/80, and they are quite happy if it is even below 100/60. If he has no dizziness or racing heart rate when he sits and stands, he's probably fine, especially if he's asking for beer already! :)

Wow I didnt watch tv until like day 4. I will tell you this once they moved me to a chair I never got back into a bed. I slept in the chair with different pillow configurations each night. i wanted to be able to reach the floor with my feet fast if I started coughing. Just a tip if He is miserable in the bed.

Glad he is doing so well. Continued prayers and thoughts.

Glad to hear Colin is doing well. We will all keep our fingers crossed that his recovery will continue to be quick and easy. I will keep him in my thoughts and prayers too.

Pat

the fact he is eating and drinking a smoothie is a great sign! i was literally not hungry/no appetite for days. so happy to hear his recovery is going so well.

This is from Colin's caringbridge page this morning

Friday, July 23, 2010 7:24 AM, CDT

Great news from the doctor today! Colin is off the blood pressure medication and it is staying stable. If there is a bed in the cardiac unit, he will go there today. Your thoughts and prayers have just done wonders for him!

Latest posts

Back