Cold fingers and toes!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RunMartin

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Does anyone else get cold fingers and toes more often after surgery? I am wearing the same type of gloves and doing the same things but I definitely feel the cold more quickly these days. I was wondering whether it was a side effect of the Warfarin or Bisoprolol (beta blockers).

Oh, yes, this is often a problem during the winter, also when I go to the coumadin clinic with white fingers. Usually I have some fingers that are red enough to give the nurse a drop of blood. No solutions here.

Not on any meds, but since surgery I have noticed the left hand gets cold (and feels cold) very easily as well as both feet in the winter.

Last edited:
Martin I was on Metoprolol (beta blocker) post surgery and had cold fingers/hands and nose over winter while I was on it. This is a listed side effect of Metoprolol other beta blockers may have similar effects.
I never had cold toes.

Martin, I think I've escaped that problem. I'm also post-op, AND on Warfarin (INR 2.5-3) & a B-blocker (Metoprolol, 25mgx2/d). I skied half a day yesterday in not-too-bad-but-way-below-freezing temperatures, and I don't think my fingers or toes were unusually cold. The weather has now turned much colder, so the rest of the week will be a tougher test, and we'll see.

I went to my regular doctor two weeks post avr. I asked him about the cold toes and fingers. He said beta blockers would definitely make the cold fingers and toes worse.

Im freezing alll the time lol, but especially me little toes and little fingers, they go the coldest lol,
Hope you warm up soon :D xxx

Yesterday we skied in pretty bitter cold (at least by Whistler standards -- in Quebec or New England they'd call it balmy! ;) ) and my fingers and toes were still just fine, so I somehow escaped, despite being on 25mgx2/d metoprolol. Funny how individual we individuals can be!

Latest posts

Back