Chest and abdominal pain

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Michael

Just wanted to say that I hope your new meds work for you. Sorry to hear you are having problems. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers. Hopefully, you will be on you way to faster healing soon.

Pat

In defense of my surgeon...they had previously done tests to look at my heart and they only saw very very minimal fluid. I think this condition changed rather rapidly and as soon as they were aware they ordered the prednisone. It is helping the pain and funny as it sounds, i lost 4 lbs since yesterday. I was about 215 the day of surgery ( June 9th) and today i am 199. WOO HOO ...finally got below 200 for the first time in years. I was on prednisone longer term a few years back for my myasthenia gravis and know the other side of the drug. I gained 50 lbs on it before they tapered me off and got me on Cellcept. On an off topic..has anyone else noticed a big change in their vision since their AVR? I use to be able to use my laptop and see fine and now need reading glasses to be able to see the screen. I think this contributes to my headaches and little since of lightheartedness. Im just curious if anyone else experienced this. Thanks Michael

Heartman
I am now 13 weeks post op and still have some minor chest pain at the sternum. The severe chest pain diminished around the 10 week mark, although I had some pain behind my right breast, this has also gone now. A friend of mine is 5.5 months post op and still has chest pain along with back and shoulder blades. Just take it easy and the pain will eventually subside.
Irel

Mike, I think it's pretty well documented that there can be vision disturbances after surgery (there have been several posts on here where people mentioned it too). It seems to usually be temporary, but may take some time (weeks/months) to straighten out. I've had some of it too - not only more blurry than normal vision, but also the "fireflys" some have described (as well migraine auras). Glad the prednisone seems to be working! Now back to your regularly scheduled recovery ;) But of course keep a close eye on it to make sure the fluid completely goes away.

Thanks Andy...i also get the migraine auras but not the migraine pain...i have just had a constant headache since waking up after surgery. Im looking forward to making more progress now and an taking it easy and doing all i can to make it happen. You get better as well my friend.....Michael

I'm glad the prednisone is working so well. Hopefully this was just a small blip of a bump and now you can get back on to recovering nicely

Hi Michael, I also am 3 weeks post op and having chest pain on right side of sternum in one spot all the time....which I'm gathering is just part of the healing process and I'm trusting will fade away in time. I just hope I didn't do too much stretching or moving in the wrong way, as I think I may have done a few things I shouldn't have!! Hoping your pain is gone soon, and the fluid.--Valerie

I too have flashing of light when i sit or stand.....Is that migraine auras?

No, that's me trying to pull you over.

light_bar2.gif

The general guideline about vision changes is NOT to get new glasses for at least 6 months Post Surgery if you can since your vision DOES change during that period.

'AL Capshaw'

Latest posts

Back