Cardioversion tomorrow

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Addy

It's been four and a half weeks for me now. Everything went well except for heart rhythm going into atrial fib after surgery and remaining so all this time, despite medications. My cardiologist scheduled me for cardioversion tomorrow. I so hope it will work....guess it doesn't always. Have been having so much shortness of breath (hard to sleep even) and fatigue. But if the heart rhythm goes "normal" I am sure things will greatly improve. I have a lot of apprehension about this procedure but have been reassured it's not that bad, and it certainly will be WORTH IT if it works.
Thanks to everyone on this forum....your sharing helps soooo much.

Addy - I wouldn't worry. My mom went through cardioversion when she was about 80 years old, and had no issues. She was in the hospital for the procedure, but I can't remember if she even had to stay over night. Might have been one night for observation.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. I'm trusting the procedure will go well, and mainly that it will do the trick! I've heard that some people aren't even affected by atrial fib, but apparently I'm not one of them.

Cardioversion is not all that different from a shock or therapy delivered by an ICD (according to my EP) and I have been paced by electrical impulse once and revived by therapy twice and all three times I was unaware of it and went ahead with busy days

WATCH THE PLAYER IN WHITE BY THE REF IN YELLOW

HE WANTED TO STAY IN AND FINISH THE GAME:eek2:

Last edited:
Yay! Home from hospital....cardioversion went extremely well and I am back in good rhythm. The procedure was completely painless...they put me to sleep for just a few minutes, when I woke up it was all over and everyone was smiling. I am feeling very grateful. Eva, I like the quote you have posted -- "with God all things are possible."

Addy - I knew this would go well for you. I watched my 80-year-old mom go through it many years ago, and even for her it was not a big deal. The outcome (normal sinus rhythm) was, though.

Glad you've got rhythm.

Latest posts

Back