Bracing Myself for tomorrow

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OldGeezerWNC

Good Monday Morning All. Rainy, foggy morning today in the Smoky Mountains. Tomorrow is the day. We make the drive over to Asheville for a 9am check in. Then the rush begins. I know I have to get to the room and get settled in, just in time to get prepped for the Heart Cath. So as of Midnight tonight I go off food. We'll know by tomorrow afternoon just how many bypasses will be added to the AVR that is scheduled early Wednesday morning. Shoot do what it takes, get me fixed. Had a nice supper of home made potato, onion and mushroom soup last night. Tonight I've asked the wife to bring home a Subway Sammy with everything on it. I know that it will be the last decent meal I get until maybe Saturday evening. Tomorrow night can't eat a lot because of the OHS on Weds. And if it goes anything like the last time I'll be out of it for 3-4 days. Yuck. I'm going to give the 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in water gargle a try to keep the metallic taste away this time. That sure didn't help the Horsepistol food. Well, If I have wi-fi at the hospital tomorrow, I'll give an update on what the game plan is. If not, I'll have my son update you'uns Weds night. Here I go... Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Shoot me some positive rays Folks. Thanks So Much for the help. Rick

Good Monday Morning All. Rainy, foggy morning today in the Smoky Mountains. Tomorrow is the day. We make the drive over to Asheville for a 9am check in. Then the rush begins. I know I have to get to the room and get settled in, just in time to get prepped for the Heart Cath. So as of Midnight tonight I go off food. We'll know by tomorrow afternoon just how many bypasses will be added to the AVR that is scheduled early Wednesday morning. Shoot do what it takes, get me fixed. Had a nice supper of home made potato, onion and mushroom soup last night. Tonight I've asked the wife to bring home a Subway Sammy with everything on it. I know that it will be the last decent meal I get until maybe Saturday evening. Tomorrow night can't eat a lot because of the OHS on Weds. And if it goes anything like the last time I'll be out of it for 3-4 days. Yuck. I'm going to give the 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda in water gargle a try to keep the metallic taste away this time. That sure didn't help the Horsepistol food. Well, If I have wi-fi at the hospital tomorrow, I'll give an update on what the game plan is. If not, I'll have my son update you'uns Weds night. Here I good... Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Shoot me some positive rays Folks. Thanks So Much for the help. Rick

I'm beaming sunshine and moonshine;) your way, Rick.:)
You'll be in my thoughts and prayers until you're back home and giving us a blow by blow account of the goings on.
God bless
Mary

Rick, I am sending a brace of guardian angels and spirits from my neck of the woods. We have a huge assortment here to draw from and they will all be there to look after you and guide your surgeons. Tell the surgical team not to swat around too much! :)

It worked for me and it will work for you! You are going to be just fine! All the very best!

Here I good... Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Shoot me some positive rays Folks. Thanks So Much for the help. Rick

Rick
Positive thoughts heading your way. Heal quickly and hopefully with no bumps on the roadway home and we'll be singing about your trip in no time.
John

The Toad- came- home!
There was panic in the parlours and howling in the halls,
There was crying in the cow-sheds and shrieking in the stalls,
When the Toad- came- home!
When the Toad- came- home!
There was smashing in of window and crashing in of door,
There was chivvying of weasels that fainted on the floor,
When the Toad-came home!
Bang! go the drums!
The trumpeters are tooting and the soldiers are saluting,
And the cannon they are shooting and the motor-cars are hooting,
As the- Hero- comes!
Shout- Hoo-ray!
And let each one of the crowd try and shout it very loud,
In honour of an animal of whom you’re justly proud,
For it’s Toad’s- great- day!

The Wind in the Willows by Kenneth Grahame

That sure didn't help the Horsepistol food. Well, If I have wi-fi at the hospital tomorrow, I'll give an update on what the game plan is. If not, I'll have my son update you'uns Weds night. Here I good... Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. Shoot me some positive rays Folks. Thanks So Much for the help. Rick

Oh just too funny you Old Geezer at age 58..:D That's YOUNG and yes I'm SHOUTING..!!

All the best with the "horsepistol" food...! Have a smooth ride and enjoy the journey as best you can. Like Ann always says, "We'll leave the porch light on for ya".

Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, indeed! I've nearly put that up next to my avatar several times . . .

And I think I can still taste that hospital food from last time. Ugh.

Best wishes for all to go well for you. I believe there are at least a few going into surgery this week. We'll talk to you on the flip side :) .

I am shooting all my most positive vibes to you, fellow old geezer. You have a great sense of humor, and that will help tide you through as you shoot the rapids once again. YeeHaw! :) Sending you my best thoughts and prayers. Look forward to your commentary when you are ready to post to us again....

You sound as bad as me. I just wanted it over with so I could resume eating my beloved steaks. Good luck to you! See you on the other side of the wild ride.

Rick, you will be in my heart and prayers the next few days. I'll be watching for your updates. Hopefully you will soon be home and be recovering. You know you have a lot of support coming from all corners of the world!

Hi Rick, we are sending all the positive vibes you can handle. We’re hitting the beach together and this will be our finest hour. God Bless
Semper Fi
Kurt

Sending positive vibes, good wishes, prayers, angles, and anything else positive that I can think of I will keep sending until the good news comes in that your over the mountain. :cool:

Latest posts

Back