Blood Clot or Infection

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I got a call from the assistant... he won't be in the office till tomorrow.. lets hope he calls. I imagine if there were some issue I would have gotten a call from someone.. keeping my fingers crossed! :)

I agree!

This is a very healthy way to look at it...better than letting anxiety making you tense! :)

I saw the cardiologist today.. he says the last TEE showed all but one tiny spot is gone.. he says he is confident it has been resolved and the infection is gone with very little damage done to the valve. YAY! Still having some issues with my sternum but he says give it another 3 months for it to completely heal.. he told me that if you were to take 10 patients who have had this surgery, 8 will recover very quickly with no discomfort or pain.. I am in the other 2 who do experience issues...... :(
So I will try to be patient. My family doc says there are meds that I can take if I feel it is really bothering me... no more pills for me unless it gets unbearable.. :)

Hello Penny---I have read your story and you have been through a lot.Reading your posts tells us that you have a strong attitude and were ready for the long fight if need be.Good to hear you have beat the infection and are coming around.You inspire others who may be having difficulty.

I saw the cardiologist today.. he says the last TEE showed all but one tiny spot is gone.. he says he is confident it has been resolved and the infection is gone with very little damage done to the valve. YAY! Still having some issues with my sternum but he says give it another 3 months for it to completely heal.. he told me that if you were to take 10 patients who have had this surgery, 8 will recover very quickly with no discomfort or pain.. I am in the other 2 who do experience issues...... :(
So I will try to be patient. My family doc says there are meds that I can take if I feel it is really bothering me... no more pills for me unless it gets unbearable.. :)

Penny you have had a really rough ride of recovery,sad to hear that and hopefully you will have smooth sailing from hereon. Your recent news seem more positive.

Pre-surgery, I did have a big concern about being in the 20% for slow sternum healing and was lucky that it became a non issue for me, because of bone cement.
Am hoping for those that follow. bone cement does becomes a standard practice for sternum closure, it would likely greatly reduce recovery time and much pain. As a receipient I have not discovered any downside fir it's use in strnum closure. Wish for you that your surgeon had been more receptive to the request.

So Penny here' s hoping for you that the healing goes well and that you truly put all of these challenges behin you.

Gil

thanks Gil.. I was wondering how you have been.. I did hear that the cryptonite glue is coming if you want to pay the $1000.00 out of pocket cost.. had I known I could have that option , I would have paid for it for sure..
I had my last set (lets hope) of blood cultures done on Thursday, go to see the infectious disease doc next monday and I am hoping that will be the last time I have to visit him.. :)
It is a beautiful sunny fall day so I think I will go out and enjoy it! Thank you everyone for your never ending support.. HUGS!

Back