Bigsid speaks out

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigsidster

Hello again all...

Monday Jan 3rd was 6 weeks for me.First week was terrible sore back,second week was terrible sore back and hemmeroids,third week was hemmeroids and pulled muscle in left kidney area,fourth week nursing pulled muscle in kidney area,fifth week starts with pnemonia of the left lung.I am now into the sixth week and have 10 days of antibiotics (levaquin) behind me.I am feeling much better but still have a very sore chest and ribs from the constant cough during the 10 days.
My heart has been fine all through this and the OHS would have been a breeze if it were not for all the other problems along the way.I did some serious walking at the malls and have no chest pain any more since surgery.I think I might finally be on my way to recovery.I am back driving since Jan 4 and awaiting the call for my 6 week check up in London Ontario.

12/31 was 6 weeks for me, had my 1st cardio visit yesterday. Released back to work, only real problem is sore chest muscles and that is getting better. Got the OK to start swings with the golf club, trying to get ready for a golf outing the 1st weekend of March. 1st rehab class later this morning.

Happy to hear you are starting to feel better and some of those nasty bumps are behind you. Hopefully, it all continue to get better and better. :)

Glad to hear you are doing better. It really does take time and there are often those bumps in the road. Very few people are lucky to not have any bumps. It is great what the doctors can do for us. Give youself time and you will be feeling better every week. Pat

Time for some GOOD luck, Sid! I'm about a week behind you, with only one short surprise visit to the ER to interrupt my otherwise-smooth recovery. I see my Cardio on Monday. I'm hoping he'll OK me for cardio rehab and maybe urban bicycling, and maybe also "bless" my plans to ski a week in Whistler starting on the 29th. We'll see. . .

The road to recovery isn't a smooth one for most, My last trip to the ER 3 months after surgery for chest wall inflammation. For the month of December I felt fantastic, better than ever, but now I'm having some palpitations again. But I don't let them get to me too much. But my energy level is up there with any normal person.

Well Monday January 10 is 50 days post op and I think I have turned the corner.Out walking everyday in the snowy weather and getting over my pnemonia .I still have soreness in the chest and ribs from all the coughing but it is bareable.my scar has healed up good and I have my follow up echo and chest exrays on Jan 20 in London.

Well Monday January 10 is 50 days post op and I think I have turned the corner.Out walking everyday in the snowy weather and getting over my pnemonia .I still have soreness in the chest and ribs from all the coughing but it is bareable.my scar has healed up good and I have my follow up echo and chest exrays on Jan 20 in London.

Sounds Good Big Sid !

You may want to check to see if your insurance will cover Cardiac Rehabilitation.
Many of our members found this to be a good way to increase their exercise tolerance under supervision by cardiac rehab nurses. Most reported that they felt it was a beneficial experience.

Many also reported that they continued to improve their exercise tolerance and conditioning for several more months (or even a year). Slow and steady wins the race.

Hello Al-----I have already taken the required classes for the REHAB but plan to go to Florida for FEB<MARCH and APRIL.When i return they have scheduled me a stress test and my actual Rehab exercises will start May 9/2011.By then I will have worked up some stamina from walks in the sand along the beach.

........plan to go to Florida for FEB<MARCH and APRIL.When i return they have scheduled me a stress test and my actual Rehab exercises will start May 9/2011.By then I will have worked up some stamina from walks in the sand along the beach.

Enjoy Florida and enjoy your "actual rehab". Though I am somehow athletic, I decided to go to Rehab ...it was very helpful and beneficial to me.

:smile2:

Latest posts

Back