AVR on Dec 16

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doug

VR.org Supporter
Supporting Member
Hi,
I finally have a firm date for my AVR on Dec 16 at the Baylor Heart Hospital in Plano, TX.
I had my dental work done yesterday, so the surgeon's office is happy now. I have been slurring my words and drooling all day today. And dentists wonder why I avoid them like the plague. The stuff the dentist gave me yesterday left me pretty foggy today and I just hope I am not forgetting anything. I tried to eat some soup after I got home yesterday and almost did a face plant into the bowl. I ended up going to bed at 7pm and did not get up until 8am this morning.
They want me at the hospital at 5:00 am on the 16th with the surgery scheduled for 7:30am, we plan to stay at a hotel next door so we don't have to get up at 2 in the morning to get there.
I have been trying to remember everything I need to get done before next week and I think I have it about covered. I have little sticky notes all over my desk with reminders.
My mind is starting to drift again, so I will leave it at this for now and check back in tomorrow evening.

Glad you got a date, Doug and before you know it, it will be behind you. Wishing you all the very best with your upcoming surgery. We will be rooting for you!

Hi Doug,
It looks like there are 3 of you on that day (my husband included). Best of luck and prayers for a smooth and uneventful hospital stay.
Best wishes,
Christine

You are going to do great, Doug! Great that you got a date. That part alone removes a lot of stress.

Best of luck to you. I will be thinking of you on Dec 16 and sending you all the most healthy thoughts I can muster.
Kev

Doug, thoughts and prayers will be with you on the 16th. Are you required to be there the 15th for any last minute tests or preps? The last two or three days before your scheduled date seem to whiz by...usually so many little last minute things to do that it fill the time. And be prepared to be a little foggy after...your body will be full of goofy stuff that can make you speak and act a little different, but it passes in a few days.

We'll all be behind you pushing you up that mountain.

Midge

Latest posts

Back