Agilitydog is in recovery!!!!

Valve Replacement Forums

Help Support Valve Replacement Forums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No surprise! Laurie is a superstar - what with all that training she and Jett have been through! Laurie I'm so happy to hear you made it over - sounds like a long climb. I wish you a speedy recovery and hope to have you back on the Throwdown soon so you can gloat about all the weight you lost! Godspeed!

Caringbridge update
Friday, August 13, 2010 2:12 PM, CDT

To all friends and family, I received word from Mark today that Laurie's recovery is progressing a little faster than they anticipated. A few of the tubes have been removed which allows her to be a little more comfortable. Some of the swelling has gone down but there is still a lot of that. She is naturally still on a lot of pain medication and is still not up for visitors as she is still in ICU. I or Laurie will post when she is up for having visitors. She and Mark greatly appreciate all the well wishes and support. Keep it coming! Judy

Mark and Judy THANKS for the updates and good news Laurie
hug.gif

Sending prayers & well wishes to Laurie with her recovery period. Please let her know that we are all pulling for her & for her to take it nice & slow.

Things will start looking up soon for her especially when she's back home! :)

Today's post:

Saturday, August 14, 2010 4:24 PM, CDT

Judy here...we and other firends had lunch with Mark today to give him a break from the hospital for a little while. Laurie is doing very well as far as her recovery to this point. She is still having nausea and having difficulty eating much just yet, but she has been up walking a little with Mark per instructions from the doctor. This makes her very tired of course. They have removed a few of the tubes but she is still unable to have visitors for now. She still has a lot of swelling. Keep the prayers and positive vibes coming and post her notes. She has enjoyed having Mark read them to her. We went to field training today and our training group made sure Jet got some marks and had a good time burning off a little energy. Tank is doing well also but we made sure not to overdue it with the big guy in this heat. They are doing well but miss Mom and Dad of course. If the recovery continues to go well, Laurie might possibly get to go home a little earlier than anticipated but still too soon to know for sure yet. More updates later....

Caringbridge updates (monday and Tuesday) she is going home today
Monday, August 16, 2010 5:19 AM, CDT

Its the real me today! Hard to type on the laptop, but managing. too dizzy from meds, too.

A certain lady with 19 heart surgeries to her credit is welcome to visit. Others, I'm still really bloatted and stomach problems so unless you've been through this, I'm not up to visitors yet. But I love you all!!!

Laurie.

Monday, August 16, 2010 6:47 PM, CDT

Judy here again. I went and visited Laurie for about an hour and a half yesterday afternoon while Mark took care of some things at home. Laurie looked really good. She tires easily and is still carrying a lot of access fluid. We took her mandatory stroll in slow around the loop of her hospital wing and she was a little sleepy after that. She was still having some nausea from meds, etc. but had some milk and was waiting on a grilled cheese sandwich. I left before it got there but I hope it was delicious. She so appreciates your msgs. Mark has been reading them for her...so keep them coming. For those who know Jet and Tank, they got a little outdoor exercise at the Frick ranch over the weekend. They are fine also. Oh, we took Mark to a late lunch on Saturday and got him to eat a good meal and get out of the hospital environment for a bit.

Tuesday, August 17, 2010 7:45 AM, CDT

Laurie gets to go home!!! They are releasing her today. She still has recovery at home but it is always good to get to go home. Thanks for all your support. You can email Laurie at home.

What good news to hear Laurie is going home.
Sending wishes for smooth recovery.... No bumps!!!

Latest posts

Back